blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 04:47:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272672 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  NFL 2015 season Thread
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 ... 64 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2015 season Thread  (Read 118871 times)
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: August 27, 2015, 09:17:17 PM »

Houston now looking at Foster returning at the end of September, not the 8 weeks originally forecast, so might be worth looking around your fantasy leagues to see if people haven't been smart enough to pick him up and stash him.

just joined a dynasty league yesterday and today i got offered a trade for him, in exchange williams of pitsburgh and a WR for philly that so far down the list he might not make the final 53
guess i am not that much of a mug when i rejected the trade lol

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
fatcatstu

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: August 27, 2015, 10:04:45 PM »

Ive not seen that much of the 9ers actually, but I'm fully expecting them to be god awful this year. They will definitely be there or there abouts for worst record I think. I reckon the jags are in for a better year this year, am expecting decent things from Robinson and having Thomas in at TE is always a bonus, so someone is going to have to take their place at the bottom!
Evilpengwinz

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: August 27, 2015, 11:11:13 PM »

How have the 49ers looked in preseason?

I noticed they were 14/1 for worst record this season and was slightly tempted. TBH I was looking for a market for them to have the first pcik in next year's draft as they have loads of picks and need to rebuild, but I couldn't find said market.

They still have Hyde and Kaepernick, and a pretty decent O-Line, so I wouldn't be surprised if they win a few games just down to time of possession, not turning the ball over, and not giving the opposition many opportunities to score points. Schedule looks brutal, but still GL being worse than the Browns with McCown starting.

BOLD PREDICTION: Browns go 0-16, Connor Shaw (barring injury) starts Week 17, and neither Manziel or McCown make the Browns' 53 man roster for 2016.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: August 28, 2015, 12:20:35 AM »

i seen the 2 presason games and thought manziel was showing some great progress

Evilpengwinz

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: August 28, 2015, 01:34:00 AM »

i seen the 2 presason games and thought manziel was showing some great progress

Not seen any of Manziel since the 30-0 loss to the Bengals here. I don't get how they can start a journeyman backup in McCown over him though. Starting McCown is just going to end in McCown getting benched for Manziel after a few mediocre-at-best games with the fans getting on his back every time he fails to make a play on 3rd down, or throws a pick, by which time the Browns will probably be 0-5 or something and the season is already over. Not sure what they achieve by starting McCown, other than getting a decent WR in the draft to replace Josh Gordon with a top 5 pick next year.

Nothing wrong with having McCown on a roster, everything wrong with him starting over Manziel for me. Neither of them are NFL starters IMO, but at least Manziel isn't the epitome of a factory of sadness.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #425 on: August 28, 2015, 01:41:36 AM »

well manziel wasnt perfect by any stretch of the imagination but he looked reasonable and he is still learning really
his decision making seemed to be much better IMHO

fatcatstu

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: August 28, 2015, 01:04:48 PM »

God I forgot about the Browns. Manziel HAS to start, but he has nothing to throw at with Josh Gordon acting like the village idiot all the time.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: August 28, 2015, 01:15:00 PM »

watch out for rookie danny shelton at nose tackle for the browns

a complete monster

https://vine.co/v/epYlXDdbVVu

obviously its going to be a tough year for the browns, but the defense looks competitive and the running game/OL very solid. next year they need to draft offensive skill players

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Evilpengwinz

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: August 29, 2015, 03:36:04 AM »

Currently taking a look at Garoppolo for the first time this year, one of the most interesting stories of the preseason for me. Came in for the first drive of the 3rd quarter, first play had the RB in the flat for a couple of yards, but tried to force it to the WR and should've been a pick six if the corner didn't drop it. Then nearly threw another pick to the other corner, didn't see if it was on the WR running the wrong route or a mistake from Garoppolo.

Then missed a throw on 4th & 4 (Would've been 53yd FG) to Aaron Dobson, instead threw to Krause on a shallow cross and didn't get the first down.

6/9 for 47 yards at the moment doesn't tell the story at all, so far.

EDIT: Much better since the first drive though.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 03:40:40 AM by Evilpengwinz » Logged
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: August 30, 2015, 12:56:20 AM »

Halling
What's the score?
Halling Halling
What's the score?

Our three QBs combine for 30/33 for nearly 400 yards and 3 touchdowns.

This is preseason for you!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 12:59:40 AM by Tal » Logged

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #430 on: August 30, 2015, 01:18:12 AM »

Halling
What's the score?
Halling Halling
What's the score?

Our three QBs combine for 30/33 for nearly 400 yards and 3 touchdowns.

This is preseason for you!

QB 4 wasnt too bad either

LEXUS

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: August 30, 2015, 02:49:19 PM »

Some pre season highlights here http://www.skysports.com/nfl/news/12118/9972277/seahawks-win-while-redskins-and-ravens-descends-into-a-fight including a mass brawl 

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #432 on: August 30, 2015, 08:10:06 PM »

i havent had a chance to watch dallas yet this preseason are they playing well enough to deserve to be slight favourites in the division over the eagles

i thought the eagles offence looked the real deal last night with bradford at QB

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #433 on: August 30, 2015, 08:13:11 PM »

i havent had a chance to watch dallas yet this preseason are they playing well enough to deserve to be slight favourites in the division over the eagles

i thought the eagles offence looked the real deal last night with bradford at QB

its pre-season it doesn't matter

all about establishing the bottom of the roster

bradford threw 10 throws last night

dallas/philadelphia is going to be a very tight battle

if philly can play at the pace that kelly wants in the regular season and hold up in the secondary then i might have them slight favourites

if dallas can replicate last season's run game behind their fantastic OL then they have a shot at another deep run

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #434 on: August 30, 2015, 08:18:15 PM »

As I posted a while ago ITT, I have a sneaking suspicion the eagles underperform this season. Dallas may actually be a bet...

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 ... 64 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: