blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 08:16:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272683 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Fit blondes in Berlin
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fit blondes in Berlin  (Read 83466 times)
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #210 on: January 26, 2012, 11:42:32 AM »

Run slower ffs.

Lol - this might sound weird but i really can't unless i drop to a walk or start going in slow-motion a la baywatch.

In other news, weighed myself this morning for first time since just after xmas (had obv put a few lbs back on). Down to 9st 8lbs showing a total loss of 7.5lb since starting moving Smiley

Bollocks.  If you're running at about 10 min/mile pace you can easily run at 12 min/mile pace.  That'd help you be able to run for longer.  Then when you've got used to running for more 30-60mins, you can then increase the pace.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 26, 2012, 01:15:50 PM »

Run slower ffs.

Lol - this might sound weird but i really can't unless i drop to a walk or start going in slow-motion a la baywatch.

In other news, weighed myself this morning for first time since just after xmas (had obv put a few lbs back on). Down to 9st 8lbs showing a total loss of 7.5lb since starting moving Smiley

Bollocks.  If you're running at about 10 min/mile pace you can easily run at 12 min/mile pace.  That'd help you be able to run for longer.  Then when you've got used to running for more 30-60mins, you can then increase the pace.

no need for that!  OK, let me rephrase.  I don't know how to slow it down.  as it is I am jogging as slowly as I can without walking.  I don't know how to adapt my form/stride/whatever I am doing to make it slower so if I really need to slow down (which I'm not entirely sure I do because other people I have spoken to have said my current pace is fine) I will need someone to watch me run and tell me how to do it.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #212 on: January 26, 2012, 01:40:15 PM »

You slow down by either reducing the length of your stride, or reducing the cadence.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 26, 2012, 01:43:56 PM »

You slow down by either reducing the length of your stride, or reducing the cadence.

Thanks.

It's ok though i'm getting some advice from a nice man on a running forum who appears to be able to give it without being incredibly patronising Smiley

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #214 on: January 26, 2012, 01:47:25 PM »

That's OK then, love.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #215 on: January 27, 2012, 12:38:39 PM »

That's OK then, love.

Missed 'Joggers nipple' joke opportunity imo.

The older I get, the better I was.
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 02, 2012, 08:12:48 PM »

having lost a fair bit of enthusiasm since the xmas slump, it's not taken a lot for me to talk myself out of the odd session.

Tonight I was this >--< close to just staying inside in the warm.  Soooo glad I didn't though - yes it was bloody freezing, but had what I think was easily my most comfortable run yet.  Two barriers broken tonight too - my first >30min run, and also my first >3mile run. 

feeling dead chuffed with myself now (go me - yay!), and rather than being glad the run is over I can't wait to get out again now 

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 02, 2012, 08:17:21 PM »

thumbs up

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #218 on: February 02, 2012, 08:19:14 PM »

having lost a fair bit of enthusiasm since the xmas slump, it's not taken a lot for me to talk myself out of the odd session.

Tonight I was this >--< close to just staying inside in the warm.  Soooo glad I didn't though - yes it was bloody freezing, but had what I think was easily my most comfortable run yet.  Two barriers broken tonight too - my first >30min run, and also my first >3mile run. 

feeling dead chuffed with myself now (go me - yay!), and rather than being glad the run is over I can't wait to get out again now 

Keep at it Clare. I like my burds to be fit, even if it does make them harder to catch.

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 02, 2012, 08:20:01 PM »

Keep at it Clare. I like my burds to be fit, even if it does make them harder to catch.

you'd make a great benny hill imo Smiley

AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #220 on: February 02, 2012, 11:56:27 PM »

Two barriers broken tonight too

Good job you're running the marathon and not the steeplechase.
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 03, 2012, 12:00:28 AM »

Two barriers broken tonight too

Good job you're running the marathon and not the steeplechase.

or relying on condoms.

gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 03, 2012, 05:20:14 PM »

had to part with my  fave running socks today, they got a hole in them. quite a sad moment

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 03, 2012, 08:11:20 PM »

had to part with my  fave running socks today, they got a hole in them. quite a sad moment

Sad

I can't find one of mine.  It's ok though, because the ones I nicked off Holdy in the 'most elaborate ruse to nick a pair of socks ever' are pretty good for running in too it turns out.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #224 on: February 03, 2012, 08:13:03 PM »

Save them for golf imo....

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: