blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 09:48:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272685 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  2016/17 rumourmill and confirmed transfers
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2016/17 rumourmill and confirmed transfers  (Read 65895 times)
NoCardDSC

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: July 11, 2016, 12:30:54 PM »

I am getting very concerned we (Hull) are yet to sign one player. Doesn't even look like we're in talks with anyone!

DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 11, 2016, 12:32:15 PM »

Is that due to ownership issues NoCardDSC?  Maybe they are taking the money and running?
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 12, 2016, 10:14:46 AM »

Venezualan wonderkid Peneranda has joined Undinese for a season on loan.  Given that Barca/Madrid want him it looks like we may never see him in a Watford shirt despite us buying him for £9 million at Christmas.  Guess we owe Udinese a few from the last few years anyway Smiley
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 12, 2016, 12:24:12 PM »

Spurs complete the signing of Netherlands striker Vincent Janssen on a four-year deal

Click to see full-size image.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 12:33:30 PM by TightEnd » Logged

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
NoCardDSC

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 12, 2016, 12:31:42 PM »

Is that due to ownership issues NoCardDSC?  Maybe they are taking the money and running?

From what I understand that ship has settled and nothing is happening there. 

I statement from Bruce came out yesterday evening explaining that 'we' need to be patient. http://www.hullcitytigers.com/news/article/2016-17/we-have-to-be-patient-in-quest-for-new-faces-3179880.aspx
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 12, 2016, 12:32:52 PM »

I statement from Bruce came out yesterday evening explaining that 'we' need to be patient. http://www.hullcitytigers.com/news/article/2016-17/we-have-to-be-patient-in-quest-for-new-faces-3179880.aspx

the current team, no signings, would be a stonewall bottom six and a decent bet to yo-yo again?

or is there cause for optimism as is?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 12, 2016, 12:39:59 PM »

Spurs complete the signing of Netherlands striker Vincent Janssen on a four-year deal

Click to see full-size image.

Very pleased about this. Some good - and early - business being done by Mr Levy.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
NoCardDSC

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 12, 2016, 01:03:59 PM »

the current team, no signings, would be a stonewall bottom six and a decent bet to yo-yo again?

Yeah - I think it would be a stonewall bottom 6 club. We would be in some serious trouble if we were to pick up 2/3 injuries, especially to the better players.

I do think however there are at least 3 teams as it stands, that are worse than hours, relatively comfortably.

4/5 signings would be excellent.

Robson-Kanu is supposedly on his way, was quite impressed with him at the Euros, but we're going to need to sign a few better players than that imo
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 12, 2016, 01:51:14 PM »

Yeah - I think it would be a stonewall bottom 6 club. We would be in some serious trouble if we were to pick up 2/3 injuries, especially to the better players.

I do think however there are at least 3 teams as it stands, that are worse than hours, relatively comfortably.

Robson-Kanu is supposedly on his way, was quite impressed with him at the Euros, but we're going to need to sign a few better players than that imo

Not sure I agree with that!  Which 3 teams are comfortably worse than Hull as their squads stand?  Burnley won your league, Boro have been bold in the transfer market, Bournemouth/Watford stayed up comfortably and have added to their squads.  WBA have good organisation and Pulis.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 12, 2016, 02:02:44 PM »

Is that due to ownership issues NoCardDSC?  Maybe they are taking the money and running?

Not sure I agree with that!  Which 3 teams are comfortably worse than Hull as their squads stand?  Burnley won your league, Boro have been bold in the transfer market, Bournemouth/Watford stayed up comfortably and have added to their squads.  WBA have good organisation and Pulis.

Hull should be decent odds on for me to go down.  Amazed they are even money to go down.  Even with some decent spending they will still easily be in the bottom 3 squads talent wise.
fatcatstu

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: July 12, 2016, 02:12:14 PM »

Personally think Hull, Burnley and Sunderland to go down at this early stage, even more so if Fat Sam goes to England.

Burnley appear intent on signing championship players, they will finish bottom. Hull have a few good players in the likes of Huddlestone and Dawson, but think they need serious investment as there is very little quality in depth in the squad.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: July 12, 2016, 03:21:13 PM »

Personally think Hull, Burnley and Sunderland to go down at this early stage, even more so if Fat Sam goes to England.

Burnley appear intent on signing championship players, they will finish bottom. Hull have a few good players in the likes of Huddlestone and Dawson, but think they need serious investment as there is very little quality in depth in the squad.

Who have Burnley bought so far?  Can't remember hearing about any signings.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: July 12, 2016, 03:30:09 PM »

Burnley just going to play it sensible with the tv money again i assume?  They won't take any chances like before and probably grind themselves into relegation like last time.  Hard to see any reason why it will change again this time right?
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: July 12, 2016, 03:34:28 PM »

Burnley just going to play it sensible with the tv money again i assume?  They won't take any chances like before and probably grind themselves into relegation like last time.  Hard to see any reason why it will change again this time right?

Nothing wrong with the yo-yo strategy but I guess at some point you've got to throw a bit of money at it and try to become established.  They must be on a really good financial footing right now having been in the Premier twice in recent years and neither time spent much money?  I remember previous Watford Premier league efforts to this time around when we did the same thing and it always felt that at some point in the season the wheels would come off and you'd lose 7/8 on the bounce.  One time we came up and our only summer signing was Des Lyttle!
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: July 12, 2016, 03:47:48 PM »

Sunderland won't go down with Big Sam as manager, the bloke is a genius. They might be struggling for players at the moment, but still plenty of time.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 31 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: