blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 10:10:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272669 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Stepping into the future - One man's journey
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 58 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stepping into the future - One man's journey  (Read 163726 times)
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: October 31, 2013, 07:48:33 AM »

The reason I was blackballed was down to a Warrant Officer declaring as long as he was serving in the Royal Air Force, I would never get promoted. This declaration was a direct result of all the hassle I had caused him due to a couple of minor incidents I was involved in. Including things such as:

Insubordination / Resisting arrest
Misuse of a fire extinguisher / endangering human life
Drinking whilst on ROPs (Restriction of privileges)
Missing parade (Although they inititally they tried doing me with AWOL as I missed a parade on a Friday due to being too drunk to turn up then wasn't seen again til the Monday. Apparently this constitutes AWOL in the army but I got away with missing parade)
They suggested that they might do me with fraternisation (sleeping with a trainee) and I suggested I might seek advice from a human rights solicitor.. NFA taken, I subsequently married that trainee.

Loads more little things that I will jot down when I fully remember and I imagine loads that I was too drunk to ever be able to remember. Despite all this I was still very good at my job, if not thee best, certainly one of. Unfortunately this isn't enough to get promoted these days in the RAF, you also have to do secondary duties which ate into drinking time so I point blank refused.

Also some quite comedy situations I got myself into that wouldn't be out of place in a Mr Bean sketch.

craigbetts

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 31, 2013, 09:26:29 AM »

I give mlli some stick on here, but you can not deny he was fantastic at his job. Always great fun to work with and wounded when he was forced out. Would love to see him do what he wants now and hopefully he does!
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 09:28:42 AM by craigbetts » Logged

"We're not here to take part, we're here to take over"
millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 31, 2013, 09:39:48 AM »

I give mlli some stick on here, but you can not deny he was fantastic at his job. Always great fun to work with and wounded when he was forced out. Would love to see him do what he wants now and hopefully he does!

I thought it was Halloween not April 1st? Stick to trolling me, compliments just feel weird coming from you.

ps. I knew you loved me really. mwah.

typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 31, 2013, 01:33:08 PM »

What languages are you fluent in?
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 31, 2013, 02:17:11 PM »

Not a bad rap sheet, I had a few on mine and a fair few more I got away with.

One which falls into both categories - 2 weeks 9s (RoP) for 3 months AWOL

millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 31, 2013, 02:27:46 PM »

Not a bad rap sheet, I had a few on mine and a fair few more I got away with.

One which falls into both categories - 2 weeks 9s (RoP) for 3 months AWOL

Slackest punishment i've ever heard of! I got 1 week just for drinking when I was banned.

Trev, is anyone ever truly fluent in a language? To answer your question the way NATO sees it is that there are 6 levels of language.

0 -  No Profiencey
1 - Survival
2 - Functional (Military Linguist level)
3 - Professional
4 - Expert (Military Interpreter level)
5 - Native

I am level 2 in Russian (which is the level I was taught to) and level 4 in Farsi (which is the level I was taught to). It is widely accepted that level 5 can not be taught. It involves living in the country for a substantial amount of time and fully immersing yourself in the culture and language.

Each level is expanded here: [url]http://www.westminster.ac.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0005/9149/STANAG_6001_Edition_3-eng.pdf[/url

The bad thing about speaking, reading and writing foreign languages to a decent level is that you get massive skill fade if you are not using it all the time. Unfortunately it is not like riding a bike. It has been over 2.5yrs since I used any language in a professional capacity, can't imagine how much I have forgotten during that time.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 31, 2013, 02:48:35 PM »

Long, long story... They only charged me with 2 weeks, hence only getting the 9s

paulhouk03
Cliqueless

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 31, 2013, 04:32:46 PM »

Kush kesh

Just me
Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128 on: October 31, 2013, 04:35:07 PM »

The reason I was blackballed was down to a Warrant Officer declaring as long as he was serving in the Royal Air Force, I would never get promoted. This declaration was a direct result of all the hassle I had caused him due to a couple of minor incidents I was involved in. Including things such as:

Missing parade (Although they inititally they tried doing me with AWOL as I missed a parade on a Friday due to being too drunk to turn up then wasn't seen again til the Monday. Apparently this constitutes AWOL in the army but I got away with missing parade)
They suggested that they might do me with fraternisation (sleeping with a trainee) and I suggested I might seek advice from a human rights solicitor.. NFA taken, I subsequently married that trainee.

Loads more little things that I will jot down when I fully remember and I imagine loads that I was too drunk to ever be able to remember. Despite all this I was still very good at my job, if not thee best, certainly one of. Unfortunately this isn't enough to get promoted these days in the RAF, you also have to do secondary duties which ate into drinking time so I point blank refused.

Also some quite comedy situations I got myself into that wouldn't be out of place in a Mr Bean sketch.

Does seem from reading your post that the Wobbly might have had a point.

Cymru am byth
millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 31, 2013, 04:40:27 PM »

Kush kesh

madar eh shoma

millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 31, 2013, 04:43:09 PM »

Does seem from reading your post that the Wobbly might have had a point.

meh, that's nothing really in the grand scheme of things, in the good old days you needed to be charged to be classed as a good soldier / airmen, it showed character. All too PC for me. Plus that was all within 3 years, once you have served your punishment it is supposed to be a clean slate but it is clearly not the case..

Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: October 31, 2013, 05:13:22 PM »

Luckily I was on timed promotion and i only had to keep my nose clean for a year. Left before the need to to go up the ladder again arose.

Cymru am byth
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 31, 2013, 05:16:40 PM »

Should have joined the navy Millidonk, you'd have been a chief in 5 years Wink

millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 31, 2013, 05:17:55 PM »

Should have joined the navy Millidonk, you'd have been a chief in 5 years Wink

Yeah all my Navy mates were chiefs like 3 yrs before I left. Pretty sickening really. Sad

leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 31, 2013, 07:50:48 PM »

Thanks mate
fuck you guys get off light in the Raf!

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 ... 58 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: