blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 09:47:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272669 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Stepping into the future - One man's journey
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 ... 58 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stepping into the future - One man's journey  (Read 163725 times)
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #495 on: January 14, 2014, 02:28:39 AM »

going in for a session in a bit of zoom will see if i can avoid it!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #496 on: January 14, 2014, 05:28:24 AM »

Guys just don't check your cashier or tracker.

There is no positive to doing it.

Play for 1 hour and focus on making good decisions and nothing else. After 1 hour take a 5-10 minute break. Have some water/food and then before the next hour just tell yourself that you're going to make good decisions for 1 hours.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #497 on: January 14, 2014, 05:33:16 AM »

Yeh my session went appalling. I never check i just know :/ Does not get to me in 180 mans really at all because i dont tend to know how im doing util the end of a session but zoom i just know. Today was the worst of the lot, probably gonna take a break from it before i completely do my nuts!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #498 on: January 14, 2014, 06:09:01 AM »

Play 8 tables you never have any idea how much you've won or lost then!

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #499 on: January 14, 2014, 06:47:46 AM »

Play 8 tables you never have any idea how much you've won or lost then!

Good plan batman Wink might go with 6 though to be fair and see how I do!

"ace high"

millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #500 on: January 14, 2014, 04:10:19 PM »

Couldn't take anymore. Put in almost 5k hands after dive bombing instantly, I didn't look at the cashier for a good few hours but I was running so bad that I just had to find out what the damage was. It was -6bi, got it back to -2bi then was just in freefall mode. I had one chance to make it a good day when I jammed an oesfd in a 400bb pot (at the time I was close to break even) but obv I bricked. Sad

Nobody wants to hear it so I wont go into detail. I basically ran so bad that I actually got quite hysterical with laughter. It was as if I was being filmed and the whole thing was a setup.

Will do a thorough review of today's biggest hands to see if I could have saved myself some pennies.

Keeping the faith.

millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #501 on: January 15, 2014, 01:17:41 PM »

So I got up early, went to the gym had a shower, healthy breakfast, reviewed some hands, played some mind concentration type music and prepared myself for a long grind. I think I was in the best state of mind possible to start crushing, we got off to a blinder snap winning 2bi then the wheels came off.. Coolers, joke setups, set under sets, runner runner flushes, runner runner higher 2 pairs all sorts of shit, what's worst is I started just paying people off as I just couldn't believe they could keep getting there. 2 back to back bad beats sent me on tilt. I've never gone on tilt before playing cash, I basically 3b/4b/5b jammed every single hand for about 30mins, it started well but obv didn't end great.. We ended up being 9bi down for the day. 

As it stands I am only like 15bi from moving down a level, which would probably be a good thing for me tbh. Although I think I would need to at least 6 table think to generate any sort of rb.

Gonna play UKIPT Edingburgh sat tonight as I could do with a break.. If and when I brick I will probs take a couple of days off and do some learning and maybe reach out to someone or get another couple of coaching sessions in.

It feels ridic moaning about having 2 bad days when people go through this sort of stuff for months but sometimes it's tough to stay upbeat.

Cliffs: Today put me to the test and I failed miserably

An apt gif from one of my fav films:

millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #502 on: January 16, 2014, 12:27:41 PM »

Rungood:

I mentioned that Amelie had to redo her development test just to see if the first time was a fluke. But we had it confirmed, she is scoring well into the 2.5 to 3 years + in a lot of areas. Which is obv great. On the back of this the nursery have asked us if we would be happy to have her permanently moved into the toddler area which is for 2 to 5 year olds. Sometimes 2 year olds are kept in the 'baby room' until they have developed enough to cut it with the 'big kids'. She had a trial run this week and has already asserted herself as the Alpha female.. it must sound utterly ridic to most people but it does make me feel proud..

Runbad:

My wonderful tenants who have been renting my house out for the last 4 or so years have handed in their notice today. They have bought their own place and are set to move out on the 24th March Sad. Should be going back up with the estate agent in the next week or so which gives them 2 months to find some new tenants. Anyone want to rent a house in Branston for £525 pcm?

Poker:

Bricked the UKIPT sat. Taking a break from online today but will probs head up to DTD tonight for the 25 xxl. The missus has a couple of friends over for tea and I really can't be bothered making small talk so will probs be sat in the DTD carpark from about 6.30pm waiting for an 8pm start. it's that or park my car around the corner and hide in the bedroom.

Apology:

Not that anyone reads this diary anyway but apologies for my moaning over the last couple of days, it's boring to read and tbh it's boring to write. Truth be told I have been in a bit of a sulk recently; Xmas is over for another 342 days, did my abs conkers sports betting in December, can't afford to place a decent bet or punt on the staking boards and a guy who owes me money is doing a very good job of dodging me.. but..

..this morning I gave myself a hypothetical slap in the face and just said; you have a nice roof over my head, an amazing family, great friends, enough money to live comfortably for the time being, a nice car, a poker roll, ridic amount of boys toys, a job, your health, basically I have fuck all to moan about and from now on will stop being a little bitch.

If I moan to you in person, via text or in here please feel free to give me a slap. I promise I will not retaliate.

FROM NOW ON THIS DIARY IS A RUNGOOD, POSITIVE VIBES, GOOD VIBRATION DIARY AND EVERYONE WHO ENTERS IT WILL CRUSH LIFE!!!

Click to see full-size image.

redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #503 on: January 16, 2014, 12:31:19 PM »

and a guy who owes me money is doing a very good job of dodging me..

I can ship the £7.80  by bank if you're busto Cheesy
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 12:33:01 PM by redsimon » Logged

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #504 on: January 16, 2014, 12:35:31 PM »

and a guy who owes me money is doing a very good job of dodging me..

I can ship the £7.80  by bank if you're busto Cheesy

haha, I actually forgot about that. Well reminded. You are doing a better job than him.. I wish it was only £7.80.. I've seen you twice as well and you've still not paid me. #scum

BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #505 on: January 16, 2014, 12:41:58 PM »

Run good vibess..... No moans. Sounds like my kind of diary, looking forward to some run good and then back on the punting which deep down is what the fans really love!

"ace high"

theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #506 on: January 16, 2014, 01:03:22 PM »

Run good vibess..... No moans. Sounds like my kind of diary

100% if this was me it would have come Ah

Story checks out.
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #507 on: January 16, 2014, 01:20:10 PM »

Run good vibess..... No moans. Sounds like my kind of diary

100% if this was me it would have come Ah

Story checks out.

Firstly i was saying that i prefer a diary with run good vibes rather than moans so as i dont have a diary i can post what i like.

Seconadly i thought i was suppose to be your troll and not visa versa. Get off my case.

"ace high"

millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #508 on: January 19, 2014, 10:42:40 AM »

Very productive weekend so far. Not played a single hand of poker but have reviewed a tonne of hhs which I will also get a second opinion on later. Have read the mental game of poker again, watched a fair few videos, spoke to a couple of deece players and the thing which I believe will be most important for me is I have worked on compiling a 'tilt profile'. I was going to make a funny poster of myself saying "Don't tilt" and stick it above my monitor but thought better of it.

MY TILT PROFILE

TRIGGERS:
•   People keep hitting draws against me
•   People call my 3b /4 bets and flop sets vs my overpairs
•   I keep missing draws..
•   People sucking out on me
•   Short stackers hitting ridic flops

SIGNS I AM GOING TO TILT:
•   Get angry, start swearing to myself and shouting out loud
•   Want to hit things
•   Start clicking faster and generally agitated

SIGNS I AM ACTUALLY TILTING:
•   No real thought process to my plays
•   3b/4b/5b/jam any hand pre
•   Stop caring about whether I win or lose
•   Jam every draw
•   Think about moving up stakes
•   Increase tables

ACTION TO TAKE:
•   SITOUT / TAKE A BREAK
•   TAKE DEEP BREATHS
•   WRITE DOWN EVERY TIME I HAVE GOT LUCKY IN THE SESSION OR COOLERED SOMEONE AND CONCENTRATE ON THAT

It's all pretty obvious but it's stuff I have never actually done anything other than paying lip service to in the past. Will add to it as I go along and have a print out next to my monitor. I would say at least half of my last couple of session's losses were down to just being on tilt and playing like a complete dick, with the rest being split between running bad and not playing optimally.

We'll see what tomorrow brings. Hopefully there will be a fair bit less of this:

millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #509 on: January 20, 2014, 12:52:58 PM »

So, I have been trying to put my 'tilt control' and stronger focussing into practice. Prepared the same as usual but this time had my tilt sheet out in front of me. Had to add a couple of new things to it that I noticed myself doing; shaking my head, repeatedly checking cashier and calling 3bets light.. I had to sitout at a couple of times but all in all it is the first time since I started playing online cash that I felt fully in control of emotions.

Another thing I did which seemed to help me a lot was talking through my thought process out loud to myself during hands. Anyone else do this? Seems to help loads and stops me making ridic bluffs.

played a couple of hands last night:

this morning's session:

Will have lunch, post a couple of hands on pha then either get grinding again or watch a film before I go and pick the little one up. Could get used to this..

Oh and this morning was the first time playing that I didn't snap get in a hole:

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 ... 58 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: