blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 05:12:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272716 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  River bet size and hand review 100c Omaha.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: River bet size and hand review 100c Omaha.  (Read 1714 times)
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« on: March 08, 2014, 02:54:00 AM »

Pot Limit Omaha Tournament 
PokerStars 
5 Players 
Hand Conversion Powered by http://weaktight.com/ 
$92+$8 

Stacks: 
UTG  85,657 143bb 
rfgqqabc (CO)  62,367 104bb 
BTN  30,962 52bb 
SB  11,186 19bb 
BB  39,856 66bb 

Blinds: 300/600 

Pre-Flop: (900, 5 players) rfgqqabc is CO As  
UTG raises to 1,200, rfgqqabc calls 1,200, 2 folds, BB calls 600 

Flop: (3,900, 3 players) 
BB checks, UTG bets 2,400, rfgqqabc raises to 11,100, BB folds, UTG calls 8,700 

Turn: (26,100, 2 players) 
UTG checks, rfgqqabc checks 

River: (26,100, 2 players) 
UTG checks, rfgqqabc Huh?

I was going to play a hand with me on this but I think preflop is fine either way and flop/turn seem somewhat standard. Turn could be a bet I guess, although we only get value from lower sets.

Villain has been extremely loose and splashy, peeled 3b with 2296 in his hand among other suspect plays. He wasn't exactly crazy, I didn't see him call the river behind once, or do something silly with a 6 high flush. I've been 3betting somewhat wide vs our opponent, who has 4b once and we called with KJT8ss and flop was 97A and we got it in and I got there vs AAxx. Neither of us have our location showing. I suspect he is a HSmtt reg tbh.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 10:07:03 AM »

Turn is more interesting, I disagree we only get value from lower sets - opening UTG he shouldn't have many 99 or 66 combos unless its dbl paired hands, I also think he won't have that much 78combos either only the premium rundowns. If we run into 78 then that sucks but we can stand to just bet/call here as he might have a spew in him + we have plenty of equity anyway.

With him opening UTG he is quite high card heavy of, and as a result if he's called our flop raise with the NFD then it's prolly pretty likely he's picked up a gut shot or maybe even a wrap to go with it, in which case he'll defo call another bet, there is also quite a chance he has Axxx which will have no prolly made AT or again a wrap or gut shot or some sort and might well call another bet (obviously less likely when we have AAA but certainly very possible)

Advantage for checking the turn is we pot control vs 78, and might pick off some bluffs OTR from the nfd, however given how I expect the T to have picked up additional equity for the NfD I think we get more value from that hand by betting the turn than bluff catching the river. Disadvantage is we can miss value, and we don't protect our hand, which when we have such stron equity is not overly concerning.

On reflection I think betting the turn and then just taking the medicine if we run I to 78 is the better play. As for pre flop I think not 3btting is fine I think you can pretty much do what you like PF with a big stack in PLO mtts as long as you have at least decent+ cards.

As for the river bet I think I'd bet 16k as I think the NF calls nearly always for that, it's a really really bad card for 78 so I don't think that's ever calling, given how you didn't 3b PF you might get raised by AT as well putting you on 66 99 or the NF

I'm kinda torn between betting a bit smaller (14k) and just going for 25k but I think checking the turn you rep a FH so well OTR that I can see a decent poker player folding to a big bet with the NF - given he's UTG I think the most of his flushes are very high so wouldn't worry about smaller flushes.

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 01:15:10 PM »

Yeah I didn't particularly know which part of the hand to post, I just knew it was a cool one. I figured we might get raised if we bet small, or at least get called a lot more. Would you expect 78 to lead? If hes got say 78TJ with some sort of flush draw, he isn't going to want it checking through very often? I kind of like taking our medicine but its an extremely good comp, we're cooking on gas, we don't want any nasty medicine, we want to have our cake and eat it!

mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 06:22:04 PM »

What do you expect Villain to do with a big rundown and one or two FDs on turn?

I really think turn is a slam dunk bet.

As played I think Dave is correct. ~15k and very happy about it.
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2014, 02:10:09 AM »

What do you expect Villain to do with a big rundown and one or two FDs on turn?

I really think turn is a slam dunk bet.

As played I think Dave is correct. ~15k and very happy about it.

I think a lot of his rundowns got there or if not I'd still expect a call, he is always going to put me on a good hand. and I think he'd expect me to check any hand that would bet/fold apart from some weird bluffy type hand that needs to keep barrelling (Kxxxdd) or something along those lines. He would have no problem pulling a big semi bluff (which is part of the reason I checked, but perhaps the reason I should bet). I didn't fancy shutting my eyes and calling.

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2014, 09:53:49 AM »

I'd expect him to lead 78 OTT a de net amount yes, also OTR he should never ever call anything less than the NF and tbh should prolly fold that depending on what his other flush card is, you're range OTR is incredibly strong,

That's what makes me tempted to bet really big as if we're getting a stubborn call then hopefully will be a stubborn call for lots of chips, but in reflection to stand a chance of getting called we need to bet.smaller.

Oxford_HRV

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2014, 04:49:40 AM »

bet river about 1/5th, 6k - 7k and really extract a curious call. can get raised rarely aswell.

I'd fast play this hand vs an utg open and would probably bet the turn everytime ~22k

To win at poker is to not have to play
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: