blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 09:37:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272676 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16724 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Euro 2016 thread
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 ... 50 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Euro 2016 thread  (Read 82571 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: June 20, 2016, 09:49:13 AM »

Click to see full-size image.

Click to see full-size image.

Team is apparently

Hart

Clyne Smalling Cahill Bertrand

Dier

Henderson Wilshere

Lallana

Sturridge Vardy

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
dino1980
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 20, 2016, 11:44:25 AM »

I can completely understand two  of those changes, the two strikers. Roy & his team obviously have more info than us, but given the earliest we can play is Saturday then resting the two full backs, who've been key, seems a slight risk. Clyne and Bertrand both good though so talent drop off not massive and the diamond system means they won't have to provide as much width.

Alli for Wilshere is fine IMO but that seems a choice born out of resting Rooney which to me seems like madness. He's been in great form, is the captain and highly experienced. Resting him for a must win game seems insane. Quite ironic given many wanted him left at home.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: June 20, 2016, 11:50:54 AM »

Agree, resting Rooney seems bad plan unless he's asked for it.

Why is the team leaked every single game without fail and nobody seems to give a shit about that ?
dino1980
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 20, 2016, 12:27:50 PM »

Why is the team leaked every single game without fail and nobody seems to give a shit about that ?

I'm guessing here but to me it seems to usually be a combo of comments from Hodgson & 'bib theory' in how England line-up in their final training session.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 20, 2016, 01:22:49 PM »

I'm guessing here but to me it seems to usually be a combo of comments from Hodgson & 'bib theory' in how England line-up in their final training session.

I wonder when the last time was that the papers got it wrong ? Seems to be spot on everytime, bit of a joke.

I assumed it was most likely from a leak in the camp.
PathFinder

@AWI_POKER

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 20, 2016, 04:20:28 PM »

They got it wrong when they took a picture of some names on Ray Lewington's clip board and said it would be the opening lineup for the Russia Game. They were also wrong when some fringe England players were pictured modelling the New England suits (Gibbs was one of them I think). The British press really is the pits, don't forget their European Super League 'Exclusive'
dino1980
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 20, 2016, 04:31:08 PM »

Decent analysis this: https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/euro-2016--will-seismic-changes-actually-improve-england-110153260.html
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 20, 2016, 11:05:39 PM »

Wilshire performance was absolutely disgraceful.

Such poor management from Roy not playing Stones today, very important to have him stepping out with the ball and being positive.

We looked so narrow in the second half, not taking Townsend was big mistake, especially if Barkley isn't getting on the pitch.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
toddswain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #338 on: June 20, 2016, 11:17:22 PM »

Hendo wilshere and sterling should be on plane home. All terrible
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 20, 2016, 11:21:03 PM »

Hendo wilshere and sterling should be on plane home. All terrible

Same for Llalana imo. Wasted playing advanced as even worse than Sterling at shooting
Newportlad

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: June 20, 2016, 11:25:44 PM »

Well done Wales!

Great team performance.

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 20, 2016, 11:33:40 PM »

Well done Wales!

Great team performance.

This, very well done, enjoy it.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 20, 2016, 11:49:49 PM »

Superstars win titles in sport.  Wales have one.  England have none.  I would love to see Wales win it all.  They have got a lovely draw now.

It is incredible how many bang average players are lauded in this England squad.  Wiltshire going to be the next greatest overpaid EPL/Arsenal star to follow in Walcott's shoes over the next 5 years.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2016, 11:52:37 PM by arbboy » Logged
DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 20, 2016, 11:55:33 PM »

Hendo was shocking. I saw five of his crosses and every single one was overhit, culminating in the last one that was still too high for Kane. He had one strike that was heading straight at the keeper until a defender blocked it. It's only because he plays for Liverpool that he's so over-rated. Thank god he's been forced out of the starting eleven.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 20, 2016, 11:57:33 PM »

Hendo was shocking. I saw five of his crosses and every single one was overhit, culminating in the last one that was still too high for Kane. He had one strike that was heading straight at the keeper until a defender blocked it. It's only because he plays for Liverpool that he's so over-rated. Thank god he's been forced out of the starting eleven.

If Hendo played for Southampton, West Ham, Stoke or Everton he would be nowhere near this Engerland squad.  Amazing what playing for a once great mid table club does for your pulling power.  He is an absolute joke as i said before the Euro's how he is even close to being in this squad which is bang average anyway.  Is milner still in France or gone on holiday?  Of all the scousers i was expecting to play this summer i thought he would be involved just for his work rate.

Did woy think we already had 6 points on the board and first place locked up tonight then?  What was the deal with dropping the two full backs who created all the problems against Wales and the space?  Seriously wonder if these gaffers actually understand the implications of taking the piss out of the event resting players when winning the group gives you such an easier route.  I thought i had seen it all with England until this team selection tonight.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 12:04:20 AM by arbboy » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 ... 50 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: