blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 11:41:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272672 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary
Pages: 1 ... 2882 2883 2884 2885 [2886] 2887 2888 2889 2890 ... 3780 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vegas & The Aftermath - Diary  (Read 6349620 times)
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #43275 on: September 15, 2015, 01:10:59 PM »

All this funeral talk reminds me of my favourite TV show; Six Feet Under.

Superlative television. Not for everyone, but if you 'get' it, it stays with you. Does make you think about things that might not otherwise cross your mind.

Probably not your cup of tea Tony Wink

Good read. I'd rather die than watch shite like that. Which may mean I get to feature in an episode.

Glad you posted, as I have a little question for you.

We have, as you know, a very lively "Sports & Betting" Board, & I'm currently trying to help rev blonde up a bit.

On that Board, we have dedicated Team threads for 5 Premier League Teams - Arsenal, Liverpool, Man U, Stoke (eh?), & Newcastle.

Note the oddity - no thread for the incoming Champions, & probably the best assemblage of football players at any one club in England.

So I need your help to come up with a fun name for the thread. It must not include that odious term "citeh" or I will throw up every time I see it, just as I do when I see "chelski" or other juvenile nicks. Then I'll get it started, make some noise & puff, & you can chip in with your inside knowledge of Man City. Think you are the only one here who supports them, which is a bit odd.

Get back to me within 24 hours, please.

From rags to riches.

We're not really here.

City; ruining football since 2008.

Don't you wish your captain was Kompany.

I swear you'll never see a thread like this ever again......stupendous.

It's still early and my brain isn't functioning properly yet, I might be able to come up with some more genius potential titles later. I'm at Eastlands later so what better place for inspiration? Smiley

How about Noisy Neighbours?

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #43276 on: September 15, 2015, 02:06:19 PM »

Sex, Drugs and Petrodollars.
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #43277 on: September 15, 2015, 02:55:06 PM »

Amazing what tilts middle aged men on internet forums.  Quite incredible.

This ^^^^^^^^^ 
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #43278 on: September 15, 2015, 03:01:06 PM »

Superlative television. Not for everyone, but if you 'get' it, it stays with you. Does make you think about things that might not otherwise cross your mind.

Good read. I'd rather die than watch shite like that. Which may mean I get to feature in an episode.

We have, as you know, a very lively "Sports & Betting" Board, & I'm currently trying to help rev blonde up a bit.

On that Board, we have dedicated Team threads for 5 Premier League Teams - Arsenal, Liverpool, Man U, Stoke (eh?), & Newcastle.

Note the oddity - no thread for the incoming Champions, & probably the best assemblage of football players at any one club in England.

So I need your help to come up with a fun name for the thread. It must not include that odious term "citeh" or I will throw up every time I see it, just as I do when I see "chelski" or other juvenile nicks. Then I'll get it started, make some noise & puff, & you can chip in with your inside knowledge of Man City. Think you are the only one here who supports them, which is a bit odd.

From rags to riches.

We're not really here.

It's still early and my brain isn't functioning properly yet, I might be able to come up with some more genius potential titles later. I'm at Eastlands later so what better place for inspiration? Smiley

From a City perspective in  response to a United supporter I prefer:

"Not in my lifetime"     http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/ferguson-can-city-be-top-dogs-not-in-my-lifetime-1789944.html

"Welcome to Manchester"  (the beautiful Tevez psoter)

"This is how it feels to be City, this is how it feels to be small"

"It should have been 10"

However, I rather like "City - ruining football since 2008" from hhyftrftdr's excellent suggestions Smiley
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #43279 on: September 15, 2015, 03:09:37 PM »

Excellent suggestion by the way Tikay.  I love this place but don't really post much but I might be persuaded to contribute more with a dedicated  City thread.

Agree totally with the "citeh" reference - odious indeed.
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #43280 on: September 15, 2015, 03:12:59 PM »

From rags to riches.

We're not really here.

Or Thoughts from the Bell End? 

(For non-footy fans they renamed the West Stand the Colin Bell Stand after one of Man City's greats - but opposing fans couldn't resist the opportunity).
« Last Edit: September 15, 2015, 03:16:21 PM by Rod Paradise » Logged

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #43281 on: September 15, 2015, 04:04:57 PM »

I swear you'll never see a thread like this ever again......

Surely has to be this, can't see how that moment can ever be topped. I have no idea what it must've felt like to do that to your biggest rivals, one of the most amazing moments in Sport for me, truly epic!
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #43282 on: September 15, 2015, 04:55:01 PM »

Don't get me started on those crappy nicknames for clubs; Lollapool is nails on blackboard to me.  It isn't funny, not sure it ever was, please stop and everybody else please just ignore it.  We could do with a Blonde spellchecker that just autocorrects them all.  I'd put in a tenner for the development.   Don't you have Blonde mod powers to just autocorrect them all right now?

Isn't it odd how different things annoy different people?

"citeh" & "chelski" do my head in, but "lollapool" just makes me laugh.

Excessive exclamation marks might just give me a nervous breakdown, but don't bother others.

Unintentionally, I upset Mr Camel the other day when, in his view, I used the term "momentum" incorrectly, and it really made him cross. And I'm thinking, "but why?"

We are all so different.

I was joking, I wasn't really cross.

But you did use the word incorrectly as do so many other people.

Dictionary definition of the word:

Physics
the quantity of motion of a moving body, measured as a product of its mass and velocity.
the impetus gained by a moving object.

Now explain how an internet poker forum can have momentum.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #43283 on: September 15, 2015, 06:15:32 PM »

Surely has to be this, can't see how that moment can ever be topped. I have no idea what it must've felt like to do that to your biggest rivals, one of the most amazing moments in Sport for me, truly epic!

I hated that day, I will never forget it.

I was working for Sky at the time, and the call centre was super quite, luckily we had about 100 TV's and I could see both games. Unluckily in my team we had a city fan. Safe to say I didnt speak to him for quite some time.

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43284 on: September 15, 2015, 06:36:49 PM »

Thanks for all the suggestions for the Man City thread. Keep them coming, please, & we'll then get it started tomorrow. 

I really like something a bit edgy, but remember we need enough space to include "Man City" in there somewhere. We can always change thread titles, though, so not a big deal either way.

My favs so far are....

Noisy Neighbours

Welcome to Manchester

Bell End

Anyway, we can sort that tomorrow.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #43285 on: September 15, 2015, 06:41:55 PM »

Don't get me started on those crappy nicknames for clubs; Lollapool is nails on blackboard to me.  It isn't funny, not sure it ever was, please stop and everybody else please just ignore it.  We could do with a Blonde spellchecker that just autocorrects them all.  I'd put in a tenner for the development.   Don't you have Blonde mod powers to just autocorrect them all right now?

Excessive exclamation marks might just give me a nervous breakdown, but don't bother others.

Unintentionally, I upset Mr Camel the other day when, in his view, I used the term "momentum" incorrectly, and it really made him cross. And I'm thinking, "but why?"

We are all so different.

Physics
the quantity of motion of a moving body, measured as a product of its mass and velocity.

Damn you. I don't like to upset anyone, especially you, but I thought you had taken umbrage.

I do know what momentum means, & insofar as a forum is concerned, I think it's fine to describe it as having momentum.  An online forum is a collective of people, the Forum - really, the people in it -  have moods, good & bad, need a little tlc sometimes, & a kick up the backside at other times. It's like a window box, it needs tending regularly. To sustain the momentum.

PS - Hope you saw a book review I did a few days ago, you'd enjoy it, I suspect, here...

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=25486.msg2081482;topicseen#msg2081482

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #43286 on: September 15, 2015, 06:56:16 PM »

Momentum. It's a metaphor. What am I missing?

The forum is building up a head of steam, it is blowing off its cobwebs, it is delivering a mighty left hook to the solar plexus of its rivals, it is rising like the phoenix from the flames, it is saying "yahboosucks" to all those who said it was past it, it is hugging success with a warm embrace so tight success can feel its throbbing majesty...and rumours of its death have been greatly exaggerated.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43287 on: September 15, 2015, 07:12:17 PM »

Momentum. It's a metaphor. What am I missing?

The forum is building up a head of steam, it is blowing off its cobwebs, it is delivering a mighty left hook to the solar plexus of its rivals, it is rising like the phoenix from the flames, it is saying "yahboosucks" to all those who said it was past it, it is hugging success with a warm embrace so tight success can feel its throbbing majesty...and rumours of its death have been greatly exaggerated.

Excellent Mr Tal.

The older I get, the better I was.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #43288 on: September 15, 2015, 07:21:50 PM »

We are all so different.

Physics

Damn you. I don't like to upset anyone, especially you, but I thought you had taken umbrage.

I do know what momentum means, & insofar as a forum is concerned, I think it's fine to describe it as having momentum.  An online forum is a collective of people, the Forum - really, the people in it -  have moods, good & bad, need a little tlc sometimes, & a kick up the backside at other times. It's like a window box, it needs tending regularly. To sustain the momentum.

PS - Hope you saw a book review I did a few days ago, you'd enjoy it, I suspect, here...

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=25486.msg2081482;topicseen#msg2081482

Funnily enough Jamie Reid is just having a new book published in a couple of days

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Blown-Incredible-Goldsmith-Racehorse-Trainer/dp/1910498068

Looks worth a gander.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #43289 on: September 16, 2015, 01:51:25 AM »

For 20 minutes or w/e it was in that 2nd half after going behind, it was the worst day of my life without exaggeration. That might sound sad, but it mattered that much, and I was fucking furious and devastated we'd fucked it up.

Events transpired as they did and it will always be the best day of my life. If Aguero hadn't popped up at the end then I don't think I'd have ever got over it. To lose the title in that manner to your biggest rivals doesn't bear thinking about. Part of me would have died that day. If I'm ever feeling a bit meh, I watch the Youtube footage of the united fans cheering at Sunderland, only to hear the roar from the home fans and then the look on their faces.....and then the look on Phil Jones' face, priceless Wink

I digress.

Anyway Tikay, we're still shit in Europe, so just call the thread 'Shit in Europe' and everyone will know its about City. Job done.

Best Bitter.
Pages: 1 ... 2882 2883 2884 2885 [2886] 2887 2888 2889 2890 ... 3780 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: