blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 02, 2024, 04:52:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272858 Posts in 66758 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 164 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread  (Read 406904 times)
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 22, 2015, 04:24:56 PM »

Wilfried Pony?

I thought he'd be amazing at City. Some of his instinctive finishing at Swansea was amazing.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 22, 2015, 05:54:28 PM »

Wilfried Pony?

I thought he'd be amazing at City. Some of his instinctive finishing at Swansea was amazing.

Thought he was a great signing at the time but a bit of a disappointment for me. He hasn't got many minutes under his belt yet. So, the jury is still out...

He has only started 4 times in the league - twice this season and twice last season and in total he has managed just 488 minutes in the league including his substitute appearances. He has had a couple of injuries tho. He has scored a couple of times so his strike rate is 1 every 244 minutes compared to 1 every 150 minutes or so at Swansea. So if he scores twice in his next 112 minutes he is more or or less on par with his Swansea stats!

What do you think of Johnson (kids jokes aside) and Rodwell?
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 23, 2015, 12:49:06 AM »

Wilfried Pony?

Thought he was a great signing at the time but a bit of a disappointment for me. He hasn't got many minutes under his belt yet. So, the jury is still out...

He has only started 4 times in the league - twice this season and twice last season and in total he has managed just 488 minutes in the league including his substitute appearances. He has had a couple of injuries tho. He has scored a couple of times so his strike rate is 1 every 244 minutes compared to 1 every 150 minutes or so at Swansea. So if he scores twice in his next 112 minutes he is more or or less on par with his Swansea stats!

What do you think of Johnson (kids jokes aside) and Rodwell?

Words cannot describe how inneffective Jack Rodwell is. Just has zero impact on games. Positive or negative. I honestly think you could put him into league two and he'd go completely unnoticed. Can't think of one strength to his game. Wouldn't mind seeing him trialed at centre half for us. Think he used to play there in his youth, and he can't be any worse than the shite weve got there at the moment.

Adam Nonceson has just never put a string of performances together. Think he's just become too predictable that he only has one foot, which is pretty easy to defend against. Would like to see him play a lot more central so defenders can't use a touchline to their advantage. One thing i will say about AJ though, is if he does turn up in a game, we generally win it, or at least get something from it. He's also scored in a couple of Derby's which basically gives him the freedom of Sunderland. (Just a shame for him that doesn't include Durham as well)
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 23, 2015, 06:57:57 PM »

Well you didn't hold back there particularly about Rodwell Smiley  He was supposed to be the next big thing as well as far as England were concerned

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 23, 2015, 09:27:14 PM »

Great night for George Evans yesterday. Some achievement to represent City at every age level from 8 upwards. And still just 20. Looks like a bit of a unit, look forward to seeing more of him. 

KDB really is different gravy.

Best Bitter.
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 23, 2015, 11:48:42 PM »

Great night for George Evans yesterday. Some achievement to represent City at every age level from 8 upwards. And still just 20. Looks like a bit of a unit, look forward to seeing more of him. 

My left bollock could score past our defense.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 24, 2015, 01:02:17 AM »

Not just from last night, though his finish was top draw. Looked excellent vs WHU and when he came on at Palace. Should be a real asset for us, great footballing brain and passes and moves so quickly.

Obv when we flog him to Porto in 3 yeas time for 10 mil my opinion might have changed Wink

Best Bitter.
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 24, 2015, 11:09:39 AM »

Not just from last night, though his finish was top draw. Looked excellent vs WHU and when he came on at Palace. Should be a real asset for us, great footballing brain and passes and moves so quickly.

Obv when we flog him to Porto in 3 yeas time for 10 mil my opinion might have changed Wink

Haha nah KDB is class. Can see David Silva licking his lips at somebody who has pace and movement like him.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 26, 2015, 03:35:26 PM »

i know hart and kompany were misses today, big misses, but If City don't beat Monchengladbach on Wednesday could Pellegrini's head could be on the chopping block? The shadow of Klopp looms

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 27, 2015, 11:15:07 AM »

I think you can add the genius that is David Silva to that list as well….

Certainly pressure is building on Pellegrini and the remainder of the Champions League qualification will be fun but Klopp to City? No. I think they are all-in on Guardiola at the end of the season.

Before yesterday, the last loss for City in the league away from home was the 4-2 against United last season. In both the games against United and Spurs, City start well, look very comfortable and are very good value for the 1-0 leads and had good chances to be even further ahead. In both games they go on to fall behind 1-3 and in both games 2 of the 3 goals conceded were very clear cut offsides. Effectively then game over at 3-1 with 25/30 minutes to go against good sides. City then look spineless and their opponents look world beaters and the bad refereeing decisions have had a major impact on the game. Interestingly the referee and linesmen combination was the same for both the games against United and Spurs!

Normally I’m very philosophical about City defeats but I just feel very angry when the result has been so heavily influenced by shit decisions and then compounded by City’s predisposition to capitulate when the momentum turns. I’m aware that KDB got lucky with his offside goal but that was so marginal it was the type of decision, for or against, that I don’t consider to be bad.

Sour grapes? Not really. Awful decisions just tilt the life out of me and I’m just very much in the “make more use of technology camp” like every other major sport.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 27, 2015, 11:37:08 AM »

I've decided football is stupid.

2 weeks ago Man City were champions elect. Now Pelligrini's neck is on the block.

2 weeks ago United were at crisis point after losing to Swansea. Now they're champions elect.

I look forward to the pendulum swinging back in another few weeks

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 27, 2015, 12:07:50 PM »

2 weeks ago Man City were champions elect. Now Pelligrini's neck is on the block.

2 weeks ago United were at crisis point after losing to Swansea. Now they're champions elect.

I'm rather happy with where the pendulum is at the moment...

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 27, 2015, 01:12:34 PM »

Yeah this, such a fickle game.

Hoping this is City getting our rough patch out the way early doors. The derby at the end of next month suddenly looks tastier than usual!

Best Bitter.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 27, 2015, 01:33:23 PM »

TV GOLD

Malcom Allison stirring

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
horseplayer