blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 01:04:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272715 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  MMA Thread/Betting
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 ... 78 Go Down Print
Author Topic: MMA Thread/Betting  (Read 212460 times)
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: July 22, 2012, 05:40:29 PM »

Saying that, I was just reading that Belfort isn't that interested in the Wanderlai fight.
He wants a title eliminator with Bisping.
That makes a lot more sense that the Stann fight too.

Bisping v Belfort in Nottingham in September would be awesome if they couldmake that happen.

Um, the Stann fight is signed. They usually take to randomly shuffling fights about.

Boetsch has actually done enough to earn the shot, don't think he'll get it though, not marketable enough. Perhaps the same with Weidman. They may pair the two up. If they do that then they may give Bisping a shot if he puts in an impressive show against Stann. Bisping said at a Q&A that he believed that to be the case.

Also heard the Evans thing, he has said it's 50/50 - wouldn't be an instant shot anyway, surely. And Belfort would be wasting his time with Wandy.

Was very disappointed in Lombard. Wanted him to explode more. Seemed like he had it in him but held back too much. Built like an absolute fkin tank though.

Hope Wandy does fight against someone soon cos the bookies constantly price his fights terribly. It's almost as if they think he can still fight

Yeah, agreed. But you'd rather it not be against someone like Belfort, cos they are more than likely to get that one right.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 22, 2012, 05:42:29 PM »

Was absolutely the reverse of 148, the prelims were pretty class last night and the main card was shockingly boring on the whole.....

I'd have been spewing had I spent £200 to watch that shower of shit last night, as it goes technically I almost did, but indirectly Cheesy

AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 22, 2012, 08:41:50 PM »

I don't think Bisping v Stann being signed would have any significance if they decided they wanted to bump him up to a title shot.

I quite like Boetsch, (appart from the heavy praise Jesus crap) but I don't think he's done anywhere near enough to leap frog Bisping or for tha matter Belfort for the next shot. I know it's unusual, or even unheard of for a fighter to get a shot coming off a loss, but Bisping put on a very good show against Sonnen and has been rattling around top 5-10 opponents for years. He's surely due. Don't get me wrong, I think it'd be a bad night for him, but I think he's put the graft in to earn the shot.

I think Stann is overrated. This whole American hero stuff has gotten out of control. Think Bisping would make light work of it if the fight stands.
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 22, 2012, 08:49:38 PM »

I don't think Bisping v Stann being signed would have any significance if they decided they wanted to bump him up to a title shot.

I quite like Boetsch, (appart from the heavy praise Jesus crap) but I don't think he's done anywhere near enough to leap frog Bisping or for tha matter Belfort for the next shot. I know it's unusual, or even unheard of for a fighter to get a shot coming off a loss, but Bisping put on a very good show against Sonnen and has been rattling around top 5-10 opponents for years. He's surely due. Don't get me wrong, I think it'd be a bad night for him, but I think he's put the graft in to earn the shot.

I think Stann is overrated. This whole American hero stuff has gotten out of control. Think Bisping would make light work of it if the fight stands.

But you didn't say he was getting bumped to a title shot, you said Bisping v. Belfort.
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 22, 2012, 08:56:01 PM »

No, I meant Bisping v Belfort would be the better number 1 contender match up.

I'm a bit fed up of the so called contender matchups where if 1 fighter wins they get a fight, but if the other does they're "in the mix."
Lombard was supposed to beat Boetsch, Munoz was supposed to beat Weidman, Belfort was supposed to meet and beat Wanderlai, Bisping is supposed to beat Stann...
They're trying to create narratives, but as they're light on upcoming stars, they're trying to keep several narratives going at once rather than actually clash them like they used to.
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 22, 2012, 09:03:19 PM »

I didn't say either Bisping v Belfort or Bisping v silva was happening, just that either made more sense than a gimme with Stann
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 09:05:49 PM by AdamM » Logged
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 23, 2012, 04:14:00 AM »

The real problem is Anderson has just cleaned out the division rather than a lack of stars.  There is lots of decently good fighters at MW

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 23, 2012, 07:22:02 AM »

Good fighters yes, but "stars" less so.
UFC have the same problem across all the weights.
A lot of their biggest stars have retired, or will be doing over the next year or two.
They desperately need new poster boys. More John Jones.

Annoys me a bit because it's not why I watch.
I can live without the theatre side of it.
I don't think fight careers have to be like a computer game, with a path to the title and a boss level to compete.
From a marketing point of view, that's just how it is though.
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 10, 2012, 06:34:12 PM »

Decent card tomorrow, looking forward to it....

http://www.thefightlounge.co.uk/news/ufc-150-beat-the-bookmakers/
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 12, 2012, 12:42:15 AM »

TTT
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 13, 2012, 09:07:43 AM »

That was daylight robbery.
I had it the same as the 1st judge, 49-46 Edgar, giving Henderson the 1st round.

The "significant strikes" metric Goldberg kept going on about is meaningless.
in 2-5 Edgar had more knockdowns, takedowns, better octagon control and more aggression.

I was watching it on Sky+ sunday and before the main event was skimming facebook and thought I saw a spoiler of a picture of Henderson with his hand raised, but quickly whizzed off it.
While watching round 5 I was thinking I had either actually seen a picture of their previous fight, or he was going to have to KO/Submit Edgar in the last round.

I think Cerone is a bigger threat to Henderson than Diaz, who's apprently next.

Wonder if Cerone will fight Edgar for the title fight after that.
Can't see Edgar bowing to the pressure to move down a weightclass after that travesty.
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 25, 2012, 07:56:27 AM »

Easy night for Jon Jones tonight?
Sadly I expect so.
Hard as I find it to get behind Dan Henderson, who I've thoroughly disliked since the whole TUF / Bisping thing, I'd love to see him derail the Jones hype train.

Can't see it though Sad
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 25, 2012, 08:44:31 AM »

Sadly I expect so.
Hard as I find it to get behind Dan Henderson, who I've thoroughly disliked since the whole TUF / Bisping thing, I'd love to see him derail the Jones hype train.

Can't see it though Sad
Don't understand this. Read last week fight off As henderson was injured???

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 25, 2012, 10:45:30 AM »

Sadly I expect so.

Can't see it though Sad
Don't understand this. Read last week event off as Jones is a wanker???
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 25, 2012, 01:13:47 PM »

Sadly I expect so.

Can't see it though Sad
Don't understand this. Read last week event off as Jones is a wanker???
Lol. Yeah I thought he would fight anyone anywhere.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 ... 78 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: