blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 08:40:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272676 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16724 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Best In The Business
Pages: 1 ... 533 534 535 536 [537] 538 539 540 541 ... 599 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Best In The Business  (Read 1431453 times)
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #8040 on: August 30, 2016, 05:50:06 PM »

You think Kitty is a fish?

She might not be Fedor but she's not a fish.

It's all relative. I'm sure she is +ev in some games, but I doubt she can beat $50 MTTs or $50nl so in a €10k field she's definitely one of the spots. Most of the "fish" aren't bad because they play with the best players in the world and can imitate and learn. She has some of the best players in the world coaching her and she's one of the weaker players in these fields. She's probably +ev in the main.

If you let me buy in every tournament she plays at 1.0 we can book 5% for the whole year?

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8041 on: August 30, 2016, 07:34:58 PM »

So finally, after a bunch of missed flights, I'm an hour away from being back in Budapest, almost 20 days after I left. I'm famous between my friends for always leaving live trips early, but I insisted this time it would be different, I was really motivated to play the full schedule. The week before we went away I did a presentation on live poker, I had played a lot during Vegas, both tournaments and cash games and I was starting to really enjoy the small intricacies of live poker and started to cringe at some of my previous failings. I'm very comfortable and confident live, but there was one very clear spot where I shouldn't have talked previously when I was weak and I had always fell for that trap, I won't go into it, but it's pretty obvious. Coming out of this trip I remember at least 5 times in crucial spots on day 3 where I was bluffing and my opponent laid the trap for me to talk myself into a call, instead of chirping up or asking them not to raise me I stayed quiet and they sighed and folded. I definitely didn't do everything perfect though, I allowed myself to get into a poor rhythm and didn't sleep great. One of my goals at the start of the month was "man up and play the 50k and 25k" I could have played both events but decided to stay up that extra few hours with friends and thus not allow myself to play.

So will quickly recap the tournaments I played. First tournament was the €10,300 high roller. I decided to play this instead of the €1100 Estrella's main event despite probably making an equal amount of money in both. I think 30% roi in the 10k and 100+ in the €1100 but Ofc I sold some. The tournament went pretty good, I bagged big stacks on both day 1 and 2. Day 3 was very enjoyable I felt extremely in the zone, not pressured and not rushed, eventually I busted with a huge cooler for top 2 chips in 12th for $37k. I wasn't tilted at all or focused on it at all, it was gone and I had played good and would try and use this experience for the next tournaments that I go deep in.

Next tournament was the Estrella's high roller. My mind is kind of blank from this one. I know I had 3x average at one point but then failed to cash. I remember actually losing Qq v AK and then AJ v 99 somewhat close to the money. I don't think I learned anything from this tournament. I met Demetri though which was nice.

Next up was the main event. Day 1 i Regged late, so not much happened then day 2 busted ak v aq v kq aip. I definitely learned here to prepare better for the main event, I should have been there at 10am and played it properly. Next main event I'll definitely be there from the start as usual.

4th event was the 2k event. Really fun event, I had a big stack, went deep and cashed but busted running a very huge bluff. Cut off opens to 7509 at 3k bb, I flat QxJh otb. Bb calls. Checked to me and I bet three times including s huge river bet on QT5KTxhhhx I think my play is really good and it's probably my only bluff combo. I would have 3bet AQ pre and folded Q9. He called with Aces. I learned quite a lot from this tournament though especially the mid stages and adjusted quite a lot playing vs aggressive regs. Was a fun tournament and really enjoyed battling in it though.

The last tournament was the 10k I agreed with European we would only play this one and nothing else. We were extremely excited and focused for it. The structure in this tournament is so amazing, the field size was absolutely crazy too, 600 runners!!! Wow. My starting table was good, mostly bad regs and fish. I chipped up to double average. I made one speculative play. I opened the cut off to 1000 at 400bb. The button (le viet fou) was extremely aggressive and 3betting tonnes 3bet me, I had 77 and decided to 4b with the intention of calling it off. He eventually tank folded but I think my play is either really good or really bad. The reason S I took it is that he either has a hand that has two over cards and will likely fold to my 4bet or he has a hand like 22-55, a2s thst will almost definitely 5b rip over my 4bet. My read was just he was definitely weak from some physical tells, by my hand doesn't play good enough oop in a 3b pot without initiative, so I 4b and he folded, not a terrible result. I was up to 120 and then lost Ak v qq for a big stack and then built back up and lost again a big flip. I was kind of tilted inside but wanted to keep playing good poker. My table was getting tougher and Connor Drinan and Kevin Macphee had joined. The bb was going to be 2400 the next day, I was very tired and consciously decided to play a little slower, not go crazy and make day 2.

My day 2 table was interesting, it was all regs, but it wasn't a really tough table. The very first hand I lost AQ v 55 for half of my stack and was starting to check for flights home! I built up to over 300k without any showdown playing and winning lots of huge pots vs sephirot, perrymejepseb and some others. I joined a new table on the bubble and built my stack to over 500k, there was a second bubble (more on this later) and I had a decent stack. There was a lot of downs here too, I remember texting European who was still in the tournament that I was tilted I'd lost 9/10 pre flop all ins in the tournament, but it was really important to me to keep my focus and composure, no matter how many bad things had happened I we in a great spot.

I got my final table change of the day and was sat Inbetween timex and Charlie Carrell. It was a fun table with Connor and Zisimo too. There was one really really tilting and slow Romanian guy, I got in around 500k vs him with 77 v AQ and he asked the dealer to spread the flop really slow, obviously there was two queens there. Was pretty tilted by his antics and the dealer obliging too, but whatever had to get back on and concentrate.

I played two big hands, one that I think was played well and one that was played poorly.

1- Connor opens to 32k in the cut off, I make it 141 in the bb with AdKc

I check three times on 765ddd 2x 6x. The way it was played and the feeling I was getting I knew I had to value bet the river but for some reasons I decided to check which was really annoying. He had AxQd and I think would have called a big river bet.

2- I open AT UTG, Connor flats button, Zisimo flats sb.

Flop QT5
I check, Connor bets 30% (feels more protection/thin value) Zisimo raises, I got a very strong read he had a hand like j5s here and decided to 3bet the flop, vs Zisimo I can definitely be 3bc AQ/Kk/aa/55/tt/qq and I think my exact hand is a good combo to do it with. My ace was the same suit as the 5 so I don't block a single combo of his bluffing range and I was sure he was massively over bluffing here, Nevermind me blocking his value range. They both folded and for some stupid reason I showed the bluff, won't do that stuff again, sometimes I just can't help myself, but inside it's definitely something like trying to show off to timex or something retarded.

I finished up the day with 750k, went back to the hotel and checked the table draw, it was completely ridiculous, we had all the tough regs on my table including my room mate and very good friend European. The day started poorly for both of us, we both chipped down to 400k from 700. He moved table and then I raised UTG with 11bb and QJo, folded to the Bb and GMValter jammed on me with 8.8bbs total. It's a very easy jam from him with a lot of hands. I took a loooooong time to fold, trying to get a sense of strength or weakness, by its very tough to gauge in this kind of spot. I decided to fold, but it was very very close. Next hand I jam bvb with 33 and best k4, very next hand I double Kk v Qq vs Davide. I was somehow out of nowhere Upto 1m! Oioi!!!

The next couple hours were a blur. I played just good and solid, taking some spots and some spots going wrong. I was very focused on the situation, on each player individually and what everything meant to each person and how they perceived me and how they perceived I perceived them. I was up to 5.7m on the direct final table bubble, I was chip leader, everything going great, this Keremen guy who seemed active and had raised UTG vs my bb previously opened off 27bbs. I make a very easy jam with 44 and he takes around 3 minutes, asking me if I have a good hand and then called with JJ. In such a big tourney with such big money for first place it felt so cruel. I asked him why he slowrolled me, he told me he was looking for a pay jump and I reminded him he didn't have to interrogate me and quiz me on my hand strength he could just quietly slowroll me.

I was now down to 2.7m and below average, the very next hand the tilting amateur opens, I know he's super strong from the big tell I have on him. I look down at two sexy black kings and gulp. Jesus Christ, is this going to be it? I announce raise, he INSTA jams, I call. He has AK. Everybody stands up. Somebody asks, how is pads all in? Where's his chips gone? My heart is beating so so so fast. I was so calm and composed and now I'm stood up, begging, pleading with the dealer not to put an ace down. Right now I'm almost panicking even thinking about the situation. The board ran out clean and i was back to 5.7m. Phew.

The final table started and I had poor position on the table. Connor was on my direct left, but I had position on joe cheong which was ok.

I was 1/9, 2/9 was Kyle and the rest of the table was mixed. There was a couple of short stacks. I didn't have any open spots for 3 orbits so I chopped down a little bit. We got our first ladder and then our second. Joe was left with 1bb and went all in from the cut off, I called the button and both blinds called. The flop was t86, I bet, they folded and Joe had k7. I riveted a ten giving him a straight and we laughed that he was back in it. Really though we knew the next pay jump was €60,000 and we really wanted him to get the fuck out of there. He doubled, then he doubled. It was ok for me though, i was 2/7... And then two huge hands happened and I was out.

I opened black kings from the hijac, the sb called and the bb (big chip leader, applying a LOT of pressure including big river over bets called)

The flop KJT was checked to me and I decided to check back. Sb was definitely getting JJ/TT in pre and not calling that wide and the bb was was definitely massively overbluffing

KJT8fd

Bb leads, I call, sb folds.

KJT89

Bb bets again. Now obviously this looks scary, but if we think about villains range ott, he's betting every off suit queen, every 2 pair, every flush draw and likely every 9x. If he has Qx it makes a lot of sense for him to do checking vs me in particular who likes to overbluff. Ak/at/AJ would all be very desirable bluffs and he will never be blocking those. I decided to call for the huge pot and he had 76. I was disgusted, but relieved. I couldn't believe he had made such an awful turn bet with two under and a gut shot to the ugly side of a straight that would often not be good. It was like he Wanted to just lose $$$& on the turn for some reasons. As the cards were dealt out I was obviously visibly tilted by it, maybe not tilted by Just confused, I couldn't understand it. I was trying to understand it and then I look down at two sexy black queens. I raise and the Russian who plays extremely splashy 3bets, it's a somewhat tough spot against a bunch of players, but I think in this spot it's a happy all in. I go all in, he has red kings and were out.

Afterwards I was a little shocked. I wasn't sure if I was happy, sad or what. I just had my biggest ever score (191k$) but I just coudlnt comprehend the situation. I was on the biggest final table of my life with 5 very poor players. I didn't celebrate or party, I went back to the hotel, thought about the hands for too long and then tried to sleep.

It's been a few days now since the final table. I'm not completely over it, but I'm definitely proud of my performance over the whole trip. I played my heart out and put myself in two amazing spots for huge scores. I managed my biggest ever love score and I learned a lot about live poker. I'll be back next time just as hungry.

Next up is a WCOOP/powerfest, it's going to be such an awesome 3 weeks, I'm really excited by it and really hoping for some runs.

Always believe in yourself folks, but always be self critical, we can always improve.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8042 on: August 31, 2016, 04:28:30 AM »

sent this for my horses today, thought it could help a lot of people in here, not only from the logic behind it all, but from spending the fucking hours on google sheets colour coding everything Cheesy

hey @everyone  im preparing for WCOOP/pokerfest/winamax/888 now. I think its important week before to mentally get ready for the huge battle we will take on. I have made an example of how to prepare here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IbXMyvV__-BtssWzomJQd7DIq28fQ1CUnxJHq6FKZOE/edit#gid=0

Obviously remove the games I have in, put the games you're going to play in, maybe even include big109, big 215, big 55, or whatever else your day centres around. Knowing early when you will likely look to take days off is improtant, nobody can play every single day, if you try you will fail. the first week in particular doesnt look great, lots of good spots for days off, however for lower buy ins on party for example there is lots of good stuff to play. feel free to do your own and post in your chat and tag me and ill look. remember, failing to prepare is preparing to fail.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8043 on: September 01, 2016, 07:45:08 AM »

There was one huge hand I played vs Zinno who is very good live reg. He opens with 12 left, I peel button with 88.

Flop k82fd

I know he likes to check good hands here too for sure and be balanced, so when he c/r me I was thinking of getting to Vegas and he mirage ASAP, rather than taking the slower scenic route and just flatting. I make it the minimum and do every single reverse live tell I can think of without being too obvious. He sticks it all in and were against KQ.

I'm actually a pretty sick bastard. I'm always Ok with a sweat, but this time I just wanted the dealer to put down a 3 on the turn and go to dinner break with heaps.

The turn was K82K

You have got to be fucking kidding me! My heart going crazy at this point. I look at Zinno to try and get a read if he thought it was coming. The rail now pretty deep were expecting it to come. They knew how he ran and how I ran. The next 4-5 seconds felt like 2 minutes. I agonized so many thoughts on these 4-5 seconds it was crazy. The river was an ace and I let off a huge sigh of relief.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8044 on: September 04, 2016, 01:53:08 AM »

Really nice blog post from imo top 5 MTT reg consistently for last 5+ years. The mindset stuff really seperates the best from the rest imo

http://www.bitb-staking.com/2016/09/03/playing-in-the-zone-and-managing-your-expectations/

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8045 on: September 05, 2016, 06:03:34 AM »

Somewhat of a frustrating day. Had stacks everywhere, made day 2 of the 1k with 300+k thiugh, so looking forward to the grind tomorrow.

Party main 17th
Party hr 20th?
Hot 162 20th
Hot 55 20th
Stars 1k grand 15th?

Cashed a WCOOP too. Tomorrow will be a great day, lots of horses in day 2, should be some fun sweats.

Shout out to gil3000 who won the 215 booty builder for 35k, the partypoker fest for 10k and is 3/110 in the warm up which is huge!

Shout out to koss winning the marathon.

European, Elmerixx and I have made a really big bet vs Lena, TanTan and c-Darwin. Think total bet is 75k which is obviously kind of ridiculous. They are 1st, 4th and 8th ranked in the world right now and will definitely play more days than us, but we're definitely confident that we will put up a good fight. Will update he bet every few days in the thread, if you see 2 of us deep in something could be a fun sweat Smiley

Time for one episode of narcos and then sleep.

Gl everybody in day two spades tomorrow.

tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #8046 on: September 05, 2016, 06:25:58 AM »

J gill 92/237 in the million too
The camel 9/237 too
Currently on break
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8047 on: September 06, 2016, 12:13:05 AM »

Today went pretty bad, busted the Marathon close to the money, peeled AA pre, bet 3 way and got c/r on 762dd, he bet turn and shoved river and I called and lost to q4dd. River was somewhat close I guess. Other Tournies went pretty bad. Feels really intense and were only 2 days in haha. Tomorrow is Super Tuesday which should be fun as always. 2-7 triple draw and limit o8 but probably skip both, will see.

Got a very interesting offer today, hopefully can fix that tomorrow, will be cool to update about it.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8048 on: September 06, 2016, 06:40:51 AM »

Horse won the Sunday Million for $200k, day didn't end bad afterall.

#moanitin

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8049 on: September 07, 2016, 01:51:13 AM »

Very bad day today, some unfortunate run outs deep in some nice tournaments, but overall think played B game. Lost this pot to end the session in the super tuesday, pretty good flop Cheesy

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/20566587_9B1AD27490

Tomorrow defniitely candidate for a day off, will definitely take it slow/play small session if I do.

good luck everybody still battling, remember the war hasn't even begun yet, party huge series starting in a few days.

Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #8050 on: September 08, 2016, 01:22:46 AM »

Hi Patrick,

Not sure if to post here or on Pm but assume on here means anyone else interested will see.

Myself and my wife are coming to Budapest on Sunday for our 2nd wedding anniversary.

I was wondering if you could reccomend some good nightlife spots for some nice cocktails and meals etc?

And anything else that we should make sure we see over 5 days.

Thanks in advance.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8051 on: September 08, 2016, 05:13:50 AM »

Played very fucking good today, streamed my whole session for horses, made 3 day 2's including a big stack in the WCOOP coming back with 100 people tomorrow and a nice stack and a very big stack in the Winamax 300e 6 max day 2.

Finished 2nd in the big215 or 15k, lost AK v AJ v A9 aip xxxxJ when a reg made one of the worst shoves I've seen during WCOOP!

Have some sweats left now with horses, 11 left in Super Tuesday and we have a very good guy who's capable of winning and 2 left in the battle royal on the final table.

Big day tomorrow. VAMO.

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #8052 on: September 08, 2016, 07:12:07 AM »

Hey, I've read the last few pages and think ur displaying a very positive, healthy attitude, wp

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8053 on: September 08, 2016, 10:06:34 AM »

Hi Patrick,

Not sure if to post here or on Pm but assume on here means anyone else interested will see.

Myself and my wife are coming to Budapest on Sunday for our 2nd wedding anniversary.

I was wondering if you could reccomend some good nightlife spots for some nice cocktails and meals etc?

And anything else that we should make sure we see over 5 days.

Thanks in advance.

Hey, will reply to this tomorrow buddy.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #8054 on: September 08, 2016, 10:07:48 AM »

Which documentaries did you watch? I wonder if you could fold online too, people are so unbalanced here. Going to head somewhere sunny/beach post wcoop and pre CPP. Maybe South Africa, but more likely somewhere in South America I think. My only requirements are somewhere I can scuba dive and somewhere I can play poker. Do you have enough Spanish to get you by? Feels like it might be an issue if your out in the sticks somewhere. Good luck with week, stag do was absolutely incredible so I can't say I'm too upset but it would have been good to see some of the BITB horses again. Can't remember the rules to that card game we played all last year but I remember it was so much fun.  Have you played it this year?

Will reply to this too.

Pages: 1 ... 533 534 535 536 [537] 538 539 540 541 ... 599 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: