blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 10:06:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272683 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Championship Chat 2014-15 Season
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 ... 50 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Championship Chat 2014-15 Season  (Read 103668 times)
anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: November 28, 2013, 09:25:35 AM »

Price is a big factor for away fans at Elland Road (or has been in recent seasons under Bates).  Not sure what the current season pricing is just yet.

£36 ticket price for the last two seasons there, which meant I boycotted both games, despite being 4 miles away from Elland Road.  Last season, many opted to go to the Charlton away game instead, where the tickets cost £5, rather than pay £36 for Leeds.

Indeed, elland road is a rip off for a stadium that needed worked 10 years ago and still hasn't.

We all know Leeds and sheff wed have huge supports, mainly from their past. Who really cares, I'd rather be the better football team than have massive support.

Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: November 28, 2013, 09:50:11 AM »

This is not an epeen on who has biggest support or not, simply a fact that home teams should allow more away fans if the need is there and the home fans don't fill the stadium..

So this is directed at any team who have a decent away support..

wp though on the attempted trolls..

I guess when you have the 3 or 4th biggest away support in all the leagues including the prem your home to away ratio will be low.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 09:53:01 AM by Acidmouse » Logged
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: November 28, 2013, 09:52:33 AM »

This is not an epeen on who has biggest support or not, simply a fact that home teams should allow more away fans if the need is there and the home fans don't fill the stadium..

Yeah, just let as many away fans in as they possibly can, because it doesn't cause any problems at all does it?

I think you lot should worry more about the 20,000 seats you are not filling, rather than not having enough away tickets.
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: November 28, 2013, 09:56:03 AM »

Yeah, just let as many away fans in as they possibly can, because it doesn't cause any problems at all does it?

I think you lot should worry more about the 20,000 seats you are not filling, rather than not having enough away tickets.

Well filling Elland road is a different point is it not? If you care to do a little research you can easily find out the measures the new owners are doing to achieve increased home attendances.

I think Sheriff is correct the pricing before was naughty for away support, £36 for Barnsley fans is beyond scandalous. Hopefully this will improve.

Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: November 28, 2013, 09:59:55 AM »

You have the lowest home to away fan ratio in the league (4th across the FL), maybe if the club focussed on filling Elland road instead of wanting for away tickets?

I didn't go this year but pretty sure we filled up last year at Elland Road, not bad considering how far it was.

They are focused..Hence why the support and buzz around the place is increasing slowly overtime. Rebuilding the trust that was crushed over 10 years with Bates takes time, I predict if we are in the Championship next season our average home crowd will be close to 30k..

aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: November 28, 2013, 10:04:10 AM »

You are sat criticising other teams of having empty stadiums, when last season you was sat with 25,000 empty seats, it's a bit hypocritical regardless of how much your tickets was, because I am sure they would have come if you was playing Manchester United.
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: November 28, 2013, 10:05:22 AM »

Price is a big factor for away fans at Elland Road (or has been in recent seasons under Bates).  Not sure what the current season pricing is just yet.

£36 ticket price for the last two seasons there, which meant I boycotted both games, despite being 4 miles away from Elland Road.  Last season, many opted to go to the Charlton away game instead, where the tickets cost £5, rather than pay £36 for Leeds.

Indeed, elland road is a rip off for a stadium that needed worked 10 years ago and still hasn't.

We all know Leeds and sheff wed have huge supports, mainly from their past. Who really cares, I'd rather be the better football team than have massive support.

I agree with you, it has been a ripoff hence the general support at home decline. Due to Leeds history it seems they still get good away support, even through the Bates years as many felt they were not lining his pocket at away games. Leeds home gates are a fuking embarrassment though, the size of the city means we should easily be getting 40k a week, yet the Leeds Rhinos get more local home support than Leeds United.

Your last point, I dunno. I much prefer supporting a club that takes a huge away support to all games. Wigan were better but don't tell me it was fun watching them away in the premiership with the 50+ other regular away fans they took.

Alot of clubs in the championship have good away support and how much better atmosphere is the game when a huge away support turns up?
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: November 28, 2013, 10:10:04 AM »

You are sat criticising other teams of having empty stadiums, when last season you was sat with 25,000 empty seats, it's a bit hypocritical regardless of how much your tickets was, because I am sure they would have come if you was playing Manchester United.

You have missed the point, not sure how I can explain this again..

Leeds should allocate more away tickets if there was a need, as the stadium is never full. It makes no sense for Leeds and any other team not to increase the away teams allocation. As Charlton did 2 weeks ago.

Criticizing? Nope merely making a point on why home teams decide to not allow a big allocation when it surly generates more revenue etc?

I am not sure if Leeds ever had 25000 empty seats for games as that would mean an average attendance of 10k less than it was last season.

I appreciate you trolling hard, but if you got the facts correct, the context of the original point correct it would be a little weight to the bollocks you post.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 10:11:44 AM by Acidmouse » Logged
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #398 on: November 28, 2013, 10:18:26 AM »

You're geting 2002 away tickets at Forest this season just like Bournemouth did , big away support or not Cheesy

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: November 28, 2013, 10:21:45 AM »

You're geting 2002 away tickets at Forest this season just like Bournemouth did , big away support or not Cheesy

I love forest....even when we lose Smiley

at forest Smiley

santa leeds fans at forest Smiley
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #400 on: November 28, 2013, 10:50:46 AM »

I must be one of the few opposition supporters who likes the Leeds away following.  Always creates a good atmosphere.  Last season at Watford there were about 30 of them dressed as convicts Smiley

anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: November 28, 2013, 12:05:44 PM »

I must be one of the few opposition supporters who likes the Leeds away following.  Always creates a good atmosphere.  Last season at Watford there were about 30 of them dressed as convicts Smiley

No one is criticising the away following here.

Just bemusing that the team with the second most empty seats in the football league (and third in the country) is moaning about how half filled stadium do not offer unlimited away support. I'm sure they would if Leeds would cater for moving home season ticket holders, policing costs etc. away clubs have to buy the tickets upfront so id suggest asking your own CEO.

If only all their away supporters went to elland road Smiley

aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: November 28, 2013, 12:16:07 PM »

You have missed the point, not sure how I can explain this again..

Leeds should allocate more away tickets if there was a need, as the stadium is never full. It makes no sense for Leeds and any other team not to increase the away teams allocation. As Charlton did 2 weeks ago.

Criticizing? Nope merely making a point on why home teams decide to not allow a big allocation when it surly generates more revenue etc?

I am not sure if Leeds ever had 25000 empty seats for games as that would mean an average attendance of 10k less than it was last season.

I appreciate you trolling hard, but if you got the facts correct, the context of the original point correct it would be a little weight to the bollocks you post.

You mentioned half empty stadiums, nobody else. In reality it is only Leeds and Wednesday who play in half empty stadiums and people come a lot closer to filling out their allocation, than they do at Wednesday.

Then you mention teams should get bigger away allocations, there are not many teams that fill out away, so this again, just aimed at Leeds, once more.

With regards to the 25,000 spare seats according to the Football League stats, you had an attendance of 16,000 for a league game, that is nearly or more than 25,000 spare seats.
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: November 28, 2013, 12:31:22 PM »

When I said half empty stadiums its not a literal figure that has to be exact. It's meant to be stadiums not capacity.

Of course my initial comment was aimed at Leeds, but it can be used as a general comment for all games and away allocations where the home fans will not fill the stadium.

To backup a point on Leeds having a half empty stadium (statistically~) by recalling one league game in which they had an attendance of 16k (not this season)  is so lol it cracked me up. 

Keep on trolling you might make the calendar again.

aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: November 28, 2013, 01:07:36 PM »

Mr Mourse, it was you who said that Leeds had not played in front of 25,000 spare seats. You never mentioned season.

Leeds United, Twenty Five Thousand, unsold spare seats, for a league game.

I wonder if that is some kind of record? Probably is, "most spare seats at a championship game"

Biggest club in the league, most spare seats at a league game.

Not trolling here, but that is trolling btw! ha
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 ... 50 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: