blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 04:17:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272684 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  DTD Main Event 250k DAY 3
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 23 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD Main Event 250k DAY 3  (Read 63480 times)
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: May 29, 2009, 07:34:56 PM »

massive repsect to DTD for honouring the gaurantee - i really hope it doesn't put them off running similar events, be it with a lesser or even no gaurantee.
would have been nice to see rob & chubbs playing.
with the wsop main event just around the corner this really was a great warm-up & playing such a slow clock i certainly felt i learnt a few things over the two days i played.
looking forward to another crack in tomorrows 250.

I don't know if this has been discussed earlier.. but the Champions League Final and the start of the WSOP must have taken 50 players from the field.

I think they will meet the guarantees for the other events in the series.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Rivertony

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 29, 2009, 07:36:35 PM »

I dont have much of a % but he is a super lad and ive got to know him through the grading process really and be a nice pick up after the last month we have had.

40%? how much do u want blatch u greedy fcker

as if he wasnt going to do well with Dan Carter and Tony Phillips backing him Wink

yeah that dan carter runs super good  Wink
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 29, 2009, 07:37:24 PM »

massive repsect to DTD for honouring the gaurantee - i really hope it doesn't put them off running similar events, be it with a lesser or even no gaurantee.
with the wsop main event just around the corner this really was a great warm-up & playing such a slow clock i certainly felt i learnt a few things over the two days i played.

I don't know if this has been discussed earlier.. but the Champions League Final and the start of the WSOP must have taken 50 players from the field.

Think the 5 days makes a difference too Keith- I know a lot of people who just couldn't get the time off work

Think the satty schedule should be more intense too- why can't they start them as early as possible? Even one seat a week is something

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 29, 2009, 07:39:45 PM »

Think the 5 days makes a difference too Keith- I know a lot of people who just couldn't get the time off work

Think the satty schedule should be more intense too- why can't they start them as early as possible? Even one seat a weak is something

The 5 day thing is true for sure.

If they had started the tounament last Saturday and then played through the bank holiday, people with jobs would only have to take days off if they were in the money.

The structure is great.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: May 29, 2009, 07:40:24 PM »

Think the satty schedule should be more intense too- why can't they start them as early as possible? Even one seat a weak is something

The 5 day thing is true for sure.

If they had started the tounament last Saturday and then played through the bank holiday, people with jobs would only have to take days off if they were in the money.

The structure is great.

yeh bank holiday weekend would have been ideal imo

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
ericredkite

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 29, 2009, 07:47:15 PM »

Well there is one "satellite" that is run over a very long period ;-) like 22 weeks then a Live Final weekend :-)
Blatch

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: May 29, 2009, 07:51:48 PM »

Still all raise fold Kev?

How many short stacksa re they under 20 bb?
Bad Beat

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 29, 2009, 07:53:21 PM »

During the week some people were quite critical of the selection process for Black Belt Poker choosing the belts and expressed suprise, bitterness and anger at some of the decisions. I didn't come on here to discuss any of the individual decisions, but have tried to spend time, (in between flying 8000 miles and playing the tournament), chatting to the people in question. I certainly didn't think it was my place to discuss people's personal business, and the reasons for decisions made, in public.

I would like to say however that three people who were very dissappointed: James Mitchell, not to get Brown and James Atkin and RiverDave not to get Blue, are all people who I enjoyed very much having on The Grading and are people who I like very much and who I'd like to be involved in Black Belt in the future.

I know it's been a tough week for them, it wasn't that easy for me, I'd just like to wish them all the luck in the world and hope they get a 1,2,3.

Maybe you can pass my good wishes to them Kev.

nc
Blatch

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 29, 2009, 07:56:32 PM »

nice post Neil.

How you getting on in the $40k after your easy table draw today?
Rivertony

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: May 29, 2009, 07:58:33 PM »

During the week some people were quite critical of the selection process for Black Belt Poker choosing the belts and expressed suprise, bitterness and anger at some of the decisions. I didn't come on here to discuss any of the individual decisions, but have tried to spend time, (in between flying 8000 miles and playing the tournament), chatting to the people in question. I certainly didn't think it was my place to discuss people's personal business, and the reasons for decisions made, in public.

I would like to say however that three people who were very dissappointed: James Mitchell, not to get Brown and James Atkin and RiverDave not to get Blue, are all people who I enjoyed very much having on The Grading and are people who I like very much and who I'd like to be involved in Black Belt in the future.

I know it's been a tough week for them, it wasn't that easy for me, I'd just like to wish them all the luck in the world and hope they get a 1,2,3.

nc

great post, means my boys both finish in top 3 weeeeeeeeeeee :-)
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 29, 2009, 07:59:42 PM »

nc

Too late Neil, I have snapped them up for the blonde SAS scheme Wink

I will certainly point them in the direction of your post .... for sure.  and I think they would appreciate your best wishes.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 29, 2009, 08:01:17 PM »

Still mega tight, Penly just took about 40k from Chris Ellinas

Barry Neville has taken a couple of small pots and is on 140k

Blatch

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 29, 2009, 08:02:54 PM »

....... and fido?
Bad Beat

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 29, 2009, 08:03:09 PM »

Thanks Neil. You are also someone I still owe a phonecall too. Apologies, it's been a ridiculously busy week. Barely got time to pop back to The Rio in two hours time. Certainly not wasting any time sleeping.

We'll catch-up soon. Are you coming over here at all? Beer?
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 29, 2009, 08:03:55 PM »

....... and fido?

Just dropped about 20k to Will Martin ... still comfortable.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 23 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: