blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 07:25:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272682 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Grand Prix Overlay now projected at €119,500 !!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Grand Prix Overlay now projected at €119,500 !!  (Read 35946 times)
Rotty

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2011, 12:46:44 PM »

Can someone give me cliffs on the tourney and when I'd have to play live if "won/qualified" online?

Loads 0f online and live Day 1's/Flights/Sats , call them what you will

10% of each go trhough to Day 2 on Saturday with a guaranteed cash, Day 2 starts as a fresh game with 15k chips each

Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2011, 12:47:59 PM »

And after day 2- it's played every day until finish?

Can't play in this case
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2011, 12:49:19 PM »

Howabout running some all in satellites at the club? 10 players, €60 each, flipament, winner gets seat. I'll play till I get one...I'm good at them skill games you see!

lol

I think the/a problem here (with hindsight) is the GP appeals to £5 and £10 players. Lots of minibuses, for example, turned up for previous GPs full of pub league players with polo shirts bearing theeir names and colours etc. I spoke to some, who said that £50 was way above their normal buy in, they'd never been to DTD but had decided to make a weekend of it etc etc

€60 re-entry is above the comfort zone for these guys

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Mitch

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 15, 2011, 12:53:49 PM »

Yeah I get that, but I'm sure if they announced it at midnight or whatever, they would get 2 or 3 tables worth of players nipping over from the cash games, that's 1800 off the overlay, surely worth a punt.

You would be suprised how many ppl play like nits in 1/2 then play £50 PLO flips at the end of the night.

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2011, 12:58:59 PM »

Yeah I get that, but I'm sure if they announced it at midnight or whatever, they would get 2 or 3 tables worth of players nipping over from the cash games, that's 1800 off the overlay, surely worth a punt.

You would be suprised how many ppl play like nits in 1/2 then play £50 PLO flips at the end of the night.

Cough stato cough

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Leatherman

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 15, 2011, 01:00:07 PM »

Howabout running some all in satellites at the club? 10 players, €60 each, flipament, winner gets seat. I'll play till I get one...I'm good at them skill games you see!

Great idea!! And probably the best way for Rotty to win a seat and belive it or not i think he is even more lucky than you Mitch... lol

Satellite King
Mitch

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2011, 01:03:17 PM »

Well we shall see about THAT!

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2011, 01:07:31 PM »

Thats how you play tourneys anyway. Consistently get your money in as a 9:1 dog and one of these times, you'll win that 6th one in a row and ship the whole comp.

Fwiw I think the idea is brilliant and ppl will defo do it. Get on it DTD.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Skippy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2011, 01:08:46 PM »

And after day 2- it's played every day until finish?

Can't play in this case

It's played for two days, so it will finish on the Sunday.

Have you played a DTD £300? Think of it like this- it's the DTD £300, guaranteed at 500 runners- goes on for 2 days, 15k chips, 40 minute levels, DTD festival structure. Unlike a regular £300, you have to qualify by satellite- you can't just turn up on Saturday and pay the entry fee. The satellites are running all this week at the club, and twice a night online, and they cost 60 euro. 1 in 10 go through regardless of runners.

The problem DTD have got is that not enough people are entering the satellites to make 500 people on Saturday.

Everyone who makes it to Saturday will get paid out.

Does this help?
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 15, 2011, 01:10:00 PM »

Thats how you play tourneys anyway. Consistently get your money in as a 9:1 dog and one of these times, you'll win that 6th one in a row and ship the whole comp.

i suggest this every month, never once seen one run - pretty sure they would be popular

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
Mitch

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 15, 2011, 01:11:35 PM »

They sometimes do them before the 300s if they're looking like having an overlay.

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 15, 2011, 01:12:40 PM »

i suggest this every month, never once seen one run - pretty sure they would be popular

They've happened a few times before and are always very popular and really entertaining. Definitely think DTD should run them for every deepstack / big comp.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
FezioJnr

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 15, 2011, 01:23:46 PM »

lol

I think the/a problem here (with hindsight) is the GP appeals to £5 and £10 players. Lots of minibuses, for example, turned up for previous GPs full of pub league players with polo shirts bearing theeir names and colours etc. I spoke to some, who said that £50 was way above their normal buy in, they'd never been to DTD but had decided to make a weekend of it etc etc

€60 re-entry is above the comfort zone for these guys

Pretty much reiterates the point I was making on the previous page. 1,000% agree.
NoShoes

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 15, 2011, 03:24:13 PM »

Quick question - as you can now re-enter into the SAME flight you busted from - do you have to pay the reg fee again or is it just a standard re-buy?
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2011, 04:15:24 PM »

Looks like they are running four online satellites every evening now if I've read the text message I just received correctly...

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: