blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 01:33:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272685 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  DTD Deepstack £500 - Day 2: Interactive
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD Deepstack £500 - Day 2: Interactive  (Read 36990 times)
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2008, 03:38:53 PM »

any idea on number of runners for £300 tonight- u playing it tonight Linton?

and are DTD running their regular £50 tourney?

Simon says they might run it but it totally depends on the number of people that turn up for the £300.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2008, 03:40:59 PM »

any idea on number of runners for £300 tonight- u playing it tonight Linton?

and are DTD running their regular £50 tourney?

Simon says they might run it but it totally depends on the number of people that turn up for the £300.

I just called, and they said they're not running it tonight.

I guess Simon needs to tell whoever is answering the phone that it might be on...

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2008, 03:41:15 PM »

Whilst that all was happening, Rick Trigg has been knocked by Tom Rutter. They'd seen a limped pot in the small and big blind respectively where the flop came Q-J-7, Rick lead out for 2k, Tom raised to 6k, the limper folded and after some consideration Rick jammed for about 25k. Tom called with J-7 and Rick could only show Q-T. The turn brought an extra few outs with an ace but Rick failed to get there on the river. He's still pretty sure it was the right move as Tom could easily be raising with a worse queen or a draw in that position vs Trigg's lairy rep.

hmmm  not sure i would be jamming this

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Djinn

I'm much bigger in real life

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2008, 03:45:51 PM »

One-Two Big Slick Knockout!  Irina Liepina hits the rail...

One of the short stacks, she took shots in the way anyone would, finding an Ace in the small blind first off when it passed to her, and putting big blind, even shorter-stacked Richard Hawes all-in.  He said, "Let's have a look," peeled up an and said, just as reasonably, "I call based on one card."  The other happened to be the , which dominated her .
His advantage was further pressed as he turned the nut flush on a board ending up , and she was down to under 10k.

The very next hand, it folded to her on the button, and she moved her 8,600 all in.  Small blind Hawes again reached for chips and made the call, but newly-table-moved Scott Byron in the big blind checked out his stack and moved in over the top, prompting a quick fold.  Yet again, it was a domination situation:
Irina: three clubs
Scott:
Board: ...

And in a pretty chilly situation she exits from the last three tables.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2008, 03:46:30 PM »

More exits than in the 4x100m relay events here!

Chris Bruce is the latest to go, having previously been crippled, he moved in for his last 700 chips. Richard Berridge re-raised behind before Fran Creed moved half her stack in. Berridge then set her in and Fran instantly called as well.

Fran:
Richard:
Chris:

A three diamonds Two Clubs board helped no-one and this day is going faster than Usain Bolt at the moment.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2008, 03:49:24 PM »

Whilst that all was happening, Rick Trigg has been knocked by Tom Rutter. They'd seen a limped pot in the small and big blind respectively where the flop came Q-J-7, Rick lead out for 2k, Tom raised to 6k, the limper folded and after some consideration Rick jammed for about 25k. Tom called with J-7 and Rick could only show Q-T. The turn brought an extra few outs with an ace but Rick failed to get there on the river. He's still pretty sure it was the right move as Tom could easily be raising with a worse queen or a draw in that position vs Trigg's lairy rep.

hmmm  not sure i would be jamming this

Well Rick felt that Tom raises most queens against him here which he's beating, and also may well raise K-T or T-9 here also given Rick's rep of just taking stabs at pots. Also, Rick jamming could well look like the straight draw also and Tom might not pass a smaller queen to the push. Tom might well post his own thoughts on this as well.

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 23, 2008, 03:54:19 PM »

chip counts for Neil Blatchley and Darren Chadwick please

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2008, 03:55:12 PM »

Ladies and gentlemen, may I introduce our new chip leader:  Nik Hicks!  Quietly heading upwards in chips, it looked like Erdinc Inan was as surprised as he was to be handing over 60k to the tricksy Hicks as his scooped a huge pot.  On a board reading , shortstack Ngo was all-in, Hicks had gone for it as well, and Inan, who covered them both (but only just) was along for the ride.  So who had what?

Nik Hicks: Aces.  I already said that.
Erdinc Inan:
Billy Ngo: three clubs

"Club one time!" failed to produce the goods, and over 150k wings its way to the behatted player.  As his stack was counted down he commented, "That's quite a lot."  Understatement award of the day is his, no doubt.  Paul Gourlay was standing over the table as all this took place, wondering if he'd been knocked from the chip leader spot.  I hated to break it to him, but...

"And Nik's quite a good player," Gourlay ruefully added. 

Numpty Dumpty

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2008, 03:57:13 PM »

very interesting spot for trigg, but he is right..I certainly could be reraising with a draw or raggy queen, just because I give him little credit as his range in this spot is huge. Kind of a strange cooler, but still a cooler..the hand plays itself I think. UL trigg
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2008, 04:02:13 PM »

When i grow up i want to run like Nick Hicks.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2008, 04:03:43 PM »

chip counts for Neil Blatchley and Darren Chadwick please

Neil Blatchley -- 20k (Chris will tell you why..)

Darren Chadwick -- 24k

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2008, 04:04:55 PM »

Neil Blatchley suffered a bit of a hit early on a 9-8-5-T-4 board paying off Richard Berridge who had flopped the nut straight with 7-6, Blatchley saying the ten was such a bad card for him as it made him two pair.

Nicolas Risdale has gone out in 23rd place, he raised, Steve Jelinek re-raised from the blinds and Risdale shoved with , Steve snap-calling quicker than Michael Johnson in his prime with . A board devoid of Jacks or Aces sent Risdale to the rail.

NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2008, 04:05:30 PM »

When i grow up i want to run like Nick Hicks.

Nick 'Usain Bolt' Hicks.

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2008, 04:05:57 PM »

With chips flying every which way, the counts from the beginning of the day might have been from an entirely different tournament.  Made up of exactly the same field. 
Whatever - I think seeing as there won't be an official count until the buffet break at the end of this level (600/1,200) I might have a go at full counts.  I just hope they pause from the eliminating for a minute or two...

Djinn

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2008, 04:16:33 PM »

Et Voila -

11   1   Scott Byron -- 110,000
11   2   Paul Murphy -- 15,600
11   5   Nichiei Hicks -- 150,000
11   6   Thomas Besnier -- 18,000
11   7   Przemek Rusin -- 64,500
11   8   Darren Chadwick -- 35,000
11   9   Steve Jelinek -- 38,000