blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 01:49:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272661 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  blondes: We need you for a Added value Forum Championship
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 ... 59 Go Down Print
Author Topic: blondes: We need you for a Added value Forum Championship  (Read 92051 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: June 13, 2008, 12:34:42 PM »

I hear on the grapevine that only the top 50 players will earn points towards the forum prize. is this right? has it been finalised how that will work? seems a bit odd

news to me. will find out more.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: June 13, 2008, 01:00:47 PM »

1 Forums should appoint a captain and can apply to enter a maximum of two teams by the closing date of June 22nd.  Final player selections will need to be confirmed by June 29th.

2. Structure is standard APAT.

3 . Top 50 only because we need to be able to guarantee to capture points scoring correctly, and we should be able to do this from five / six tables out. With twenty tables in play and players going out left right and centre between 8pm and 11pm on day one, this would be impossible. A while ago a team event was held where the scoring was in error, discovered after the comp, when prize money had been handed out etc etc

My eyes are open wide
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #392 on: June 13, 2008, 01:09:28 PM »

T-shirts will obviously be on hold until both team's entries are confirmed.

I have confirmed with Des that blonde has two teams it would like to enter.  We'll make the team picks before 29th so that APAT can have them by then.

I guess I'm captain.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: June 13, 2008, 01:15:21 PM »

Perfect choice.

Enjoy Dublin. Wish I was there.

Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: June 13, 2008, 01:19:44 PM »

3 . Top 50 only because we need to be able to guarantee to capture points scoring correctly, and we should be able to do this from five / six tables out. With twenty tables in play and players going out left right and centre between 8pm and 11pm on day one, this would be impossible. A while ago a team event was held where the scoring was in error, discovered after the comp, when prize money had been handed out etc etc

also discounting the lower finishers reduces the effect of luck (bad luck anyway - if you get lots of luck all the way through it doesn't make a difference, so Kinboshi could be all right).

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: June 13, 2008, 01:59:46 PM »

I know that this is going to get suggested at some point anyway but are we having a last longer outside of the money side bet for all the Blondes?

Do I need a comma in that sentence? Possibly after the anyway? Sorry if anyone ran out of breath reading it.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #396 on: June 13, 2008, 02:04:35 PM »

I know that this is going to get suggested at some point anyway but are we having a last longer outside of the money side bet for all the Blondes?

Sounds like a good idea to me.  We'll sort that once it's all confirmed.

Do I need a comma in that sentence? Possibly after the anyway? Sorry if anyone ran out of breath reading it.

Ask Sofa for a comma or two.  He has plenty to spare.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: June 13, 2008, 04:39:49 PM »

Tighty can you say how many teams are currently wishing to enter the event.Also kindoshi how is it going to be decided who will play if it turns out we only get to put 1 team in ?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #398 on: June 13, 2008, 04:41:18 PM »

Tighty can you say how many teams are currently wishing to enter the event.Also kindoshi how is it going to be decided who will play if it turns out we only get to put 1 team in ?

i will find out more over the weekend

it wasn't near 20 but in the last 48 hours there has been a lot of fresh interest from forums as news has spread and some announcmeents have gone onto a few forums

hence I had to say something, rather than spring a possible disappointment on you with no notice.

My eyes are open wide
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: June 13, 2008, 04:41:56 PM »

how is it going to be decided who will play if it turns out we only get to put 1 team in ?

donkey racing FTW

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #400 on: June 13, 2008, 04:44:34 PM »

i will find out more over the weekend

it wasn't near 20 but in the last 48 hours there has been a lot of fresh interest from forums as news has spread and some announcmeents have gone onto a few forums

hence I had to say something, rather than spring a possible disappointment on you with no notice.

Ok Cheers

how is it going to be decided who will play if it turns out we only get to put 1 team in ?

donkey racing FTW

Indestructable

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: June 13, 2008, 04:57:36 PM »

To those that have asked me about the THM team, apparently there may be one after all. Sadly I am not involved as I will be away in sunny Exeter and I also heard there were no TV cameras.  Cool
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: June 14, 2008, 12:02:23 PM »

Just been on apat forum and there's already 17 teams regd as interested with 4 wanting 2 teams, Hmm not looking likely we are going to get to put 2 teams in really
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: June 14, 2008, 01:57:23 PM »

Just been on apat forum and there's already 17 teams regd as interested with 4 wanting 2 teams, Hmm not looking likely we are going to get to put 2 teams in really

I can't see we're going to get two team in either.  Given that people will be in the process of arranging travel and accommodation (and indeed may already have forked out) I think APAT need to get this sorted asap.  Do we have a date by which we will definitely know the number of teams we can enter?  If, as I suspect, it's only going to be one team, will the team members be chosen in order of expressions of interest? (seems the fairest way, but would be a shame if others who had expressed an interest later ended up losing money). 

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: June 14, 2008, 01:59:22 PM »

Deadline for entries is 22nd June as stated above

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 ... 59 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: