blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 10:24:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272668 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16722 Members
Latest Member: TheDoubleTop
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  WSOP MAIN EVENT: DAY 1B - Interactive
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WSOP MAIN EVENT: DAY 1B - Interactive  (Read 42040 times)
K9sixtwo

Sigillum Militum Xpisti

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2007, 08:42:32 PM »

Understand that Snoopy ... appreciate your updates when they arrive ... never asked for anyone i know to be watched before so its a novel experience.!! Oh to be there!!

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2007, 08:45:16 PM »

ur booked in for a large t-bone w all the trimmings before we head over to buy you in...

Nooooooo! Don't be tempting me now, right?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2007, 08:48:54 PM »

Just read day 1 - don't know how you do it with hourly updates but it was a great read. 
All this poker talk makes me want to get on a plane and play...   Sad  Next year maybe.

Good luck especially to The Camel, Jen, JP and Barry Neville - and all the other Blondites playing today - keep the flag flying and the american's guessing.

JP - the Luton card room is missing you - ever since you got old enough to travel on your own we haven't seen you. You never phone, you never write.......
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 08:59:09 PM by Dingdell » Logged
Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2007, 08:52:11 PM »

BTW - did you know that today is supposed to be very lucky - 07/07/2007. Lots of sevens so watch out for the players who believe in all this malarky and get bouyed up with hope and luck. I bet Mr Tann would have like to have played today  Grin
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2007, 09:00:24 PM »

"As 2006 World Champion Jamie Gold tried to enter the Amazon Room he found he didn't have his seat card. And as security won't let anyone inside without their seat card, that posed a bit of a problem. Gold wanted to go to the registration window but security wouldn't let him in without I.D. Well, there are HUGE posters of every Main Event champion hanging around the room and Gold reached inside the frame of the door, pointed up, and said, "Dude, look up, that's me!" Other people waiting outside the tournament room verified Gold's identity and the guard let him inside to get a new seat card."

Taken from http://www.worldseriesofpoker.com

That made me laugh, last year's champion and the door staff didnt recognise him!
Tractor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2007, 09:03:59 PM »

Any idea what time is kick off?

Can i please ask where most of you purchase your crack from?

Dapper Street Menswear
NoflopsHomer
Malcontent

Enchantment? Enchantment!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2007, 09:14:11 PM »

Ok, I'm afraid to report Barry Neville is already OUT. He lost 8k in the first hand then had the on a Two Diamonds three diamonds x board, but his opponent had the . Phillip Green thought he could've got away from it but Priyan De Mel disagreed. Either way, here's Bazza pre-exit.

Jen is down to 12k already. I daren't ask, so here's her smiling earlier.

Other photos:

Kevin O'Leary
Tom Burton
Paul Gourlay
The Camel
John Conroy
Praz Bansi

Ben Grundy passed Kings 2nd hand, one player made it 400 to go (50/100 blinds). Ben made it 2,000 and the other player re-raised to 8,000. He was apparently quite chuffed, I remember him passing Kings in Monte Carlo too.

-------------------

Unlike yesterday, the Rio cardroom appears to be bursting with British blood, the likes of Mark Forrester, Joey Lovelady, Ben Grundy, Phil Green, Keith Hawkins, Ben Grundy and co all vying to make it through to Day 2 and then, hopefully, that big payday. One of those players is Jim Kerrigan, but whilst he is considered a threat in any comp (he frequently goes deep - no sexual innuendos please), he’s banged into early hurdle here, losing 5k on the very first hand.

Calling a pre-flop raise with Pocket Dueces, Jim flopped that highly desired set on a 2-A-K board and so opted to re-raise Mateyboy’s Flop bet of 300 to 900. Mateyboy smooth called and both players saw a 7 Turn. Mateyboy bet again, this time 3k, but Jim called, expecting A-K, but wary of the small possibility of a hand likes Aces or Kings. King on the Turn (perhaps the worst card for Jim) and Mateyboy bets out 5k. Without too much hesitation, Jim releases his hand adding to my good self in the aftermath, “I was sure he had A-K, I mean, there isn’t much I can beat there.” Thankfully for Jim, his opponent did indeed show the Big Slick.

In other first hand action news, Paul Gourlay was dealt Jacks on the button and received 2 callers when he raised it up. The 7-8-9 Flop wasn’t great, and so when The Rocket Man’s bet was check-raised, he decided to let it go and live to fight another day. As with the previous tale, the hand was shown, and again, it was the winning hand, Paul’s opponent proudly flipping up a set of Eights. Just 1,500 lost though.

We’ve found pretty much all of the players that you guys listed, although we’re yet to unearth Mr Shallow, and unless he’s moved to Asia and developed a bit of a tan, Simon Stocken isn’t on Table 104, Seat 7. We found Doobs though, more commonly known as Dave Barriclough. He ran pretty well in Monte Carlo come EPT final time, but has yet to bump and grind here, still holding his starting stack. What might please a couple of people is that Khayam Eszzat, who someone requested yesterday, is down as being on the feature table – I wonder who he’s sharing company with over their on the stage area?...

Anyway, it took us a while to get round then, so we didn’t have time to pick out the celebrities too, so we’ll keep an eye out for what stars are playing today and get back to you in 60 minutes time. Till then, toodle pip.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 09:26:39 PM by snoopy1239 » Logged

K9sixtwo

Sigillum Militum Xpisti

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2007, 09:21:09 PM »

Thanks  ...Tom Burton ahoy !!! Glad to see he's not got the I pod in !! though i read elsewhere that table 43 has been broken up
Tractor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2007, 09:37:35 PM »

Simon Stocken Table 104 on seat 2 thats from his blog.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 09:39:10 PM by Tractor » Logged

Can i please ask where most of you purchase your crack from?

Dapper Street Menswear
mffnike
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2007, 09:41:13 PM »

Could you possibly get me a chip count and update on Maurice Kenter (He started at Table 112, seat 3) and possibly a picture as well?

Pelham Boy

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2007, 09:52:01 PM »

Good job yesterday guys - unlike your competition, who i noticed classily reported Teddy Sheringham as a 'sawwwker' player and promptly displayed the incorrect photo of a bloke at least 15 years older! lol   (unless of course his recent miss uk norkage conquest aged him substantially!)

also noticed at end of day one report:

Floor!

A sticky hand broke out at Johnny Lodden's table, in which the dealer incorrectly awarded the pot to Lodden.

The board read x-K-10-J-x and both Lodden and his opponent checked the river.

At the showdown, Lodden's opponent turned over A-Q for a Broadway straight, while Lodden showed K-Q, for top pair and a busted straight draw.

The dealer mucked the A-Q and pushed the pot to Lodden, then proceeded to start shuffling the next hand. Players at the table called for the floor, who eventually ruled that Lodden must return the 23,600 pot to his opponent.

We should also note that there was a possible flush on the board, making Lodden's opponent's check on the river a legitimate one. A recently implemented rule here at the World Series states that if a player has last action and checks the absolute nuts, he would receive a one-round penalty for collusion.

May I offer the following suggestion for alternative punishment:

made to wear nothing but a giant nappy for the remainder of the event - with a sticker on his forehead saying in big pink letters.... I AM A DUMB FCUK

Anyway, good luck all the Brits playing today, especially my mate Raj Modha. Sat table 226 Seat 1. Please could you keep an eye on his stack for me please, if possible.

Thankx in advance

Luv  Dog

I remember this hand. The guy knew he'd won, but chucked (after showing) before the pot actually was pushed towards him. According to the TD, because he showed a winning hand, the chips can be pulled out of the stack and reallocated to the other player. Lodden didn't say much accept, "Yes, he had the winning hand" when asked.

Wasn't too big a kafuffle to be honest.

Was this not a bit naughty of Lodden if he knew the other guy had the best hand?

"The boy Gedge has written some of the best love songs of the Rock 'n' Roll Era. You may dispute this, but I'm right and you're wrong!" John Peel.
JaffaCake

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2007, 10:02:51 PM »

GL Ben and all the betfair team. The Badbeat team are also starting today:

Me T38 seat 2, John Conroy and John T.

best of luck to all playing today.

We're going to need a surname for John T I'm afraid in order to follow his progress.

I reckon that must be John Tabatai, KunkuWap online, a legend in his own underpants. Tell him if h doesn't make day two I'm gonna come and give him a serious talking to. Updates on JP, Soxy (Chris Socrati) and Squelch (Richard Redmond) if poss chaps. Good luck to the birthday girl too
Lau
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2007, 10:06:45 PM »

Good luck Paul!

Me and Clare are just about to go out an spend your winnings :0) We'll check how you're doing when we get in!

Love ya, Lil Sis xxx
K9sixtwo

Sigillum Militum Xpisti

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2007, 10:06:52 PM »

Tom burton has moved table 31 seat 10 for your info
Ta muchly
Deano042
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2007, 10:21:56 PM »

Tom burton has moved table 31 seat 10 for your info