blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 11:56:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272664 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16722 Members
Latest Member: TheDoubleTop
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Internet Poker
| | |-+  Online Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  WCOOP - Razz, Stud, etc
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WCOOP - Razz, Stud, etc  (Read 12801 times)
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2013, 09:14:03 AM »

I really really couldn't comment. Looks like your doing well though.

That doesn't sound like praise. It was just my feeling in the moment that check/call was the best play. Didn't want to face such a big bet though.

5/90 at 4th break. Won a big hand against jimbomber.

40 get paid.
Didn't mean to be so unclear, I did just mean I don't have a bloody clue.
Yeah I read it like Adam in that I have no idea whats going on in these games.

Good start though John

Get them next time..

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2013, 10:20:59 AM »

Nice job yesterday.

I railed it for a bit around the bubble, but it was slow-going.  Triple-draw Badugi is not the most spectator-friendly of variants.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2013, 11:17:19 AM »

Good to see you cash, did they change format for Badugi? Always saw limit badugi tournies on 'Stars when I used to play there, games better at Pot Limit tbh.

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2013, 11:20:12 AM »

Nice job yesterday.

I railed it for a bit around the bubble, but it was slow-going.  Triple-draw Badugi is not the most spectator-friendly of variants.

LOL, you're not wrong. Badugi isn't fast anyway, but it was particularly painful at that point. When there were 40-odd left, a lot of the chips were on my table. I was about 8th then with 42k, there were two with over 70k, a couple with over 30k and so on. Shortest was about 10k. Another table had four players below 7k, including two on 2k, and their big stacks were 15-18k, so everyone on there was timing out to try to survive to the cash. Following that table was worse than watching paint dry.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2013, 12:06:18 PM »

Good to see you cash, did they change format for Badugi? Always saw limit badugi tournies on 'Stars when I used to play there, games better at Pot Limit tbh.

Yeah, they used to be Fixed Limit, so it is quite a big change. I preferred FL. It wasn't as expensive to keep semi-bluff firing on every street against someone who was drawing, even if you missed yourself. Less experienced Badugi players keep calling and drawing and, more often than not, will miss and fold by the end, especially if you snow. If it goes wrong, the loss is easier to absorb in FL. If you have a high (ie weak) Badugi, firing hard is the best way to make them pay for their draws, which is fine in FL, but in PL you can lose your stack if they get there (or you can be bluffed off your hand at the end for a big loss). Also, there were times last night when I folded three good cards because it was too expensive to draw, whereas I would have come along in FL. Another difference is that PL does allow you room to slow-play a monster hand, which you would never do in FL.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2013, 11:10:48 PM »

8-Game
Finished 234/658. 80 paid.

Load of crap. Never got any traction. Didn't play well. Didn't deserve to get even as far as I did.
Free_Rollin

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2013, 02:10:31 PM »

Hi there, is there some still left for the remaining events? I'll take whatever is going. Thanks.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2013, 07:47:30 PM »

Hi there, is there some still left for the remaining events? I'll take whatever is going. Thanks.

Hi, 5% went today, but you are welcome to have the other 4½%. I'll work out the cost in a while.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 09:53:06 PM by MintTrav » Logged
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2013, 08:19:56 PM »

2-7 Triple-Draw
37/267 at 1st break.

It has been pretty mental. One hyper-aggressive player on my table, a couple of decent players and a couple of passive ones, but I've run well enough so far. Got to 4th at one point, but I felt a bit dizzy and came back down a bit. I'm surprised to see how many places I dropped in the two hands I lost before the break, but happy so far.

This is going to get very swingy soon, so I could get chipped up or busted quite early.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2013, 09:10:06 PM »

2nd break, 340 entries now.

And I'm.............. 255/275. Gruesome session. Been playing fast - hardly lost a hand in the first hour and hardly won one in the second. Unfortunately, I had lots of cracking starting hands, with plenty of chips going in along the way, but they wouldn't convert. 4-card hands are no good. Clearly, this session will be decisive.
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2013, 09:27:19 PM »

2nd break, 340 entries now.

And I'm.............. 255/275. Gruesome session. Been playing fast - hardly lost a hand in the first hour and hardly won one in the second. Unfortunately, I had lots of cracking starting hands, with plenty of chips going in along the way, but they wouldn't convert. 4-card hands are no good. Clearly, this session will be decisive.

Good luck

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2013, 09:47:13 PM »

Good luck

Thanks, but it's over. Crazy tournament. I played it high-variance, reraising with some monster draws rather than flatting (and then missing) and betting some missed draws where they had made a hand good enough to call with. I got caught snowing, which didn't help to get folds afterwards. It wouldn't have been a bad thing if I had then made some good hands. Took on the table maniac several times. I wanted to play hands against him on the basis that my selected starting hands must win more than his any-starting-hand strategy. Didn't work out like that. This one feels like a missed opportunity.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2013, 11:08:08 PM »

Just to be transparent about the stake:

Last night I was contacted by someone I play live against most weeks, who asked about taking some of the remaining four games. This afternoon he said he would like 5%, I said fine and he transferred the $. Later I saw that Sunny had asked on here for some of the final four games and I offered him the rest.

I also sold this stake on the APAT forum, which was off-line tonight. When it came back up, I saw that two guys I know, and who have staked me before, had each asked for 2.5% of the final three games this morning, but I hadn't seen their posts until tonight. They asked before Sunny and he asked before the local guy confirmed.

I kind of feel obliged to all of them, so I intend to accept them all and close the stake. This means that 55% would be sold rather than 50% for the final three games, which changes the stake slightly from what was offered. I suspect that no-one really cares about that, but better to explain it, I guess.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 11:10:07 PM by MintTrav » Logged
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2013, 12:36:29 AM »

Hi, 5% went today, but you are welcome to have the other 4½%. I'll work out the cost in a while.

$1490 / $2665 x $3000 = $1,677.30 x 4½% = $75.48
Free_Rollin

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2013, 10:51:08 AM »

$1490 / $2665 x $3000 = $1,677.30 x 4½% = $75.48

Thank you, and I appreciate you stretching the stake to let me have a piece too. I'll ship the money over the weekend. Thanks and best of luck.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: