blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 02, 2024, 01:22:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272646 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 7976 7977 7978 7979 [7980] 7981 7982 7983 7984 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13458600 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #119685 on: July 21, 2016, 10:56:20 AM »

They need soneone who restricts every account to pennies and shrinks market share every year.   Sure there are a few who have worked at ladbrokes over the years who could run them into the ground.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #119686 on: July 21, 2016, 10:59:58 AM »

They need soneone who restricts every account to pennies and shrinks market share every year.   Sure there are a few who have worked at ladbrokes over the years who could run them into the ground.

Imagine the state they would be in relative to betfair and bet365 if they didn't have 8000-10000 FOBT's to cover all their expenses every single week with zero risk.  How about trying to run your online sports betting business and paying some decent professionals some decent salaries given the amount of money at stake and not trying to do it constantly on the cheap with spreadsheets and £20k a year spotty loltraders straight out of university who are clueless.  Surely this method isn't working after 10 years right?  If you get your prices right quite incredibly the people whose accounts you lose money to will actually stop betting with you naturally without you having to close them.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 11:21:32 AM by arbboy » Logged
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #119687 on: July 21, 2016, 11:32:21 AM »

They are just about the only Firm who have never restricted Fred in any way. We have placed more bets with WH (1,064) than with any other Firm, & we've returned over 8% ROI.

I like their website, & it's quite a surprising in some ways that they have declined so badly (Online) in the last 2 years, but their share of the overall Online sports betting wallet has declined significantly. Which, when you compare the usability of their Online site compared to Coral & Ladbrokes, must say a great deal.

I hope they straighten themselves up.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #119688 on: July 21, 2016, 11:53:05 AM »

I just wanted to mention something that happened here whilst I was away in Vegas, & did not have time to comment.

We had a monster bet on Andy Murray to win Wimbledon, & I really really did not like it. Not because I did not think he would win - I know nothing about Lawn Tennis - I just don't like bets of that size, I don't like our bets to be so big they hurt if we lose. I much prefer the £20 & £30 affairs.

As Wimbledon progressed, of course, I warmed a little to the bet......

Then, this morning, Tighty wrote to me to do some housekeeping with the various Accounts we have. It included funding Coral & Matchbook, withdrawing £500 from Ladbrokes, as we are less & less able to get meaningful bets on with them, &, crucially, withdrawing £1,000 from BMU (with whom we had the Murray bet) as the account had ballooned to nearly £2,000.

At which point, I was rather liking that Murray bet. Wink

PS - Thanks Argue. But no more £200 EW jobbies please. Unless they win, obv. You & Chomps give me heart attacks when you boys bet the shop. The profits are nice though. Think that's called cake & eat it.   

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
WellChief

View Profile
« Reply #119689 on: July 21, 2016, 12:04:31 PM »

Long time reader, lurker, and benefactor I thought I'd put up some thoughts on the Men's US open Tennis:

My first recommend would be Marin Cilic at 50/1.  I feel this price is too big and out of line with some of the others in the market, i.e. Nadal at 20's (although that is probably just smart pricing my the bookmakers, an average punter would bet on him at any big price) and Nishikori being around half the price.  Felt he was very,very impressive at wimbledon and unfortunate not to beat federer in straight sets. I don't feel he bottled it as such, Federer just played ridiculously well on some key points and it was just one of those things.  His form at US open is great, having won it two years ago and semi-final last year (hammered in straight sets to Djoko but was carrying an injury).

Would recommend £20 E/W at 50/1 (Billy Hills)

Would also recommend Andy Murray and Djokovic E/W at their top prices (7/2 and evens), for obvious reasons.  This could wait till nearer the time, I find with Murray especially you can really tell if he's on his game or not on the particular surface in the tournament preceding the slam, and somebody is bound to be laying 7/2 before it.  Not heard anything else about Djokovic's mystery 'injury' at wimbledon but can see how he gets on in his next hard court tournament first!
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #119690 on: July 21, 2016, 12:12:39 PM »

hello George, welcome along

Bet Type: Single
            US Open 2016 - Men's Outright Winner Outright Winner
                Cilic, Marin 50/1
                OddsReduction: [2]; WhichPlaces : [2]
        Possible Payout (inc. stake) 1,540.00 GBP
    2 bets @
    20.00 GBP

Total Cost: 40.00 GBP
    Total Possible Payout (inc. stake): 1,540.00 GBP

you can let us know about the shorter priced ones nearer the time

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #119691 on: July 21, 2016, 01:14:56 PM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07kld9t

Radio 4 consumer show on now regarding online betting accounts being closed.  Might be worth a listen.  Occurring sometime between now and 1pm live.  Obv iplayer if you missed it live should work.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #119692 on: July 21, 2016, 01:19:11 PM »

http://www.oddschecker.com/greyhounds/hove/19:22/winner

Some serious price movements on the jolly in one of the big races at Hove tonight.  Hard to see this mutt going off odds against.  Hills and bald have took some seriously evasion action already so must have been filled in by some serious faces in the shops i would suggest taking the 6/5 for whatever you can get on.  All cash done so far on betfair (small) has been done odds on.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #119693 on: July 21, 2016, 01:23:24 PM »

http://www.oddschecker.com/greyhounds/hove/19:22/winner

Some serious price movements on the jolly in one of the big races at Hove tonight.  Hard to see this mutt going off odds against.  Hills and bald have took some seriously evasion action already so must have been filled in by some serious faces in the shops i would suggest taking the 6/5 for whatever you can get on.  All cash done so far on betfair (small) has been done odds on.

it 6/5 bet365 only and moved odds on everywhere else quicky, so i can't get on

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #119694 on: July 21, 2016, 01:28:40 PM »

Radio 4 consumer show on now regarding online betting accounts being closed.  Might be worth a listen.  Occurring sometime between now and 1pm live.  Obv iplayer if you missed it live should work.

Strewth, "You & Yours" & Winifred Robinson, nothing grates me more, it's generally nit-picking odious patronising claptrap.

PS - The Online Bookies Account piece is on right now.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #119695 on: July 21, 2016, 01:28:49 PM »

Radio 4 consumer show on now regarding online betting accounts being closed.  Might be worth a listen.  Occurring sometime between now and 1pm live.  Obv iplayer if you missed it live should work.

Just starting now.  Caen Berry is a well known arber who posts you tube videos for arbing and comes across as a money saving expert arbing type who knows little about the game, probably couldn't price up a coinflip and loves the sound of his own voice.  Probably won't be the best balance of arguments.

If you want a laugh watch his greyhound trading video where he talks about nicking £1.10 'risk free' on a dog race!  Obviously no mention that the market could just as easily go totally against his initial bet and he would have to lock in a £1 loss.  Then just before the off he manages to 'lock in' another 10p!!!!!  profit on another dog.   These types deserve to be paying the betfair premium charge and who is was designed to punish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idTm9s5J3ss
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 01:51:54 PM by arbboy » Logged
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #119696 on: July 21, 2016, 01:41:14 PM »

an arber that loves the sound of his own voice? cant be many of them around Smiley

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #119697 on: July 21, 2016, 01:43:26 PM »

Wink
an arber that loves the sound of his own voice? cant be many of them around Smiley

Not in 2016.  Maybe in 2006 when you could actually get on to make arbing worthwhile Wink
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 01:45:17 PM by arbboy » Logged
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #119698 on: July 21, 2016, 01:52:57 PM »

Sign of the times.

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #119699 on: July 21, 2016, 02:08:26 PM »

Ha, in like a shot.

Wink

Pages: 1 ... 7976 7977 7978 7979 [7980] 7981 7982 7983 7984 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: