blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 16, 2024, 05:46:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272685 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Degenerate Diaries: The Chronicles Pt. 2
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 184 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Degenerate Diaries: The Chronicles Pt. 2  (Read 371647 times)
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2011, 06:29:35 AM »

Bit gutted you are not dealing anymore, you were by far the fastest dealer in there and were always pushing the action which I believe all good dealers should do.

In case you  don't know who I am. I'm the fat lad who usually wears a black hat with any combination of White lettering on it.

Nice start to the diary. Probs the same title as I would have used.

Get a haircut.

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2011, 06:56:46 AM »

What do you think are the chances of being the first DTD dealer to make the transition to successful player?

Neil, you're too good.

I don't get it

Sean, great start. You can have the 2nd best diary on blonde if you want.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2011, 07:49:46 AM »

What do you think are the chances of being the first DTD dealer to make the transition to successful player?

Neil, you're too good.

I don't get it

Sean, great start. You can have the 2nd best diary on blonde if you want.
Yeah GL with this Sean, Alex is right it will be very hard to beat Cos's diary!

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
Mitch

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2011, 08:46:59 AM »

Neil, you're too fat for a land mammal, but I lol'ed.

zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2011, 10:34:21 AM »

When you used to deal and you'd take a peak at people's mucked cards did you know that one day you'd be playing against them?

I hope this is isn't true. As long as it's not, I wish you the best of luck.

Just to defend my credibility right off the bat, it is obviously not true that I looked at players' cards (unless prompted to by the player.)

There was a pretty funny story of a dealer looking at someone's cards once, though. The player in question was Ali "Bad Beat" Ayub. For those of you who don't know him by name, will certainly know him by his non-stop loudmouthed nature. On AQTTK, two players had moved all-in after he'd been the aggressor for the first two streets. He tanked for a while, constantly complaining that he had AT and agonising over what he was meant to do. Eventually, he folded and one player showed QQ. As he stood up to soak in his own applause, the dealer flipped his genuine hand to reveal 93o. I've never heard Ali so quiet. One of the great poker moments.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2011, 11:13:35 AM »

"He tanked for a while, constantly complaining that he had AT and agonising over what he was meant to do. Eventually, he folded and one player showed QQ. As he stood up to soak in his own applause, the dealer flipped his genuine hand to reveal 93o. I've never heard Ali so quiet. One of the great poker moments."

Haha - good.  Hate nobs who slow the game down just for their own vanity.

Good start to the diary - looking forward to it to add to Alex's for my daily read.
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2011, 02:38:41 PM »

gl mate - get the lot

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2011, 03:19:31 PM »

When you used to deal and you'd take a peak at people's mucked cards did you know that one day you'd be playing against them?

I hope this is isn't true. As long as it's not, I wish you the best of luck.

YESSSSSSSSSSS scandal straight away. Now you have to come and defend yourself. Haha let's see how you like this.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 05:33:59 PM by cambridgealex » Logged

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2011, 05:31:47 PM »

good start mate and so pleased you started this. in case you did not know who i am, lol who am i kidding you dealers recognise talent

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2011, 09:01:25 PM »

So I'm still trying to work out whether it's a curse or a blessing that I manage to run good whenever I try something new. This is the case for poker, and for a few things in life in general. My earliest memory of this is when I was playing for my local football team's under 11s squad. There were a handful of us fighting for a spot in the A team, and we were playing in a pretty important game. A win would save us from relegation. We were tied at 3-3, and were getting very close to the end of the match, when for some reason their goalkeeper completely mishits a drop kick and slips over. It falls to my favourite left foot at the half-way line, and I just smacked it as hard as I could. Somehow it made its way between the posts, under the bar, and over the scrambling goalkeeper. I looked like a genius and immediately landed a spot in the A team. This was to last about 3 weeks; until the boss realised that I was actually incredibly shit at football. It's totally my style to try something once and give up forever if I don't immediately succeed = gg football career.

Maybe this is what I love about poker. Maybe this is what we all love about poker. We all hammer one from the halfway line sometimes, and if it doesn't go in then we can just chalk it up to variance. We don't have to blame ourselves, and our boss (probably) won't cut us from the team. How blissful is ignorance. Gosh how I love to be pseudo-philosophical.

Roadtrip all the way to Vegas Birmingham tomorrow, with the cambridgealex. This has become an almost regular occurrence: 45 minute car journey in which we discuss how nobody else in the world can claim to be excited at the prospect of going to work, be a nit for several hours, merge some ranges, make enough money to cover petrol and a McMuffin before bed, 45 minute car journey home in which I swear to myself I'll get a real job and make my parents proud... Looking forward to it! Trip report to come for your amusement.
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2011, 09:23:45 PM »

what makes going to birmingham so much more profitable than frying fish locally.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
zerofive

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2011, 09:38:45 PM »

They very rarely open a £1/2 game at Gala in Nottingham, so this way I get to fry my fish twice as quickly. Also, for some reason they seem to come with an incredible amount of gamble in Birmingham. Granted, this is where I lost the second biggest pot of my career because I'm not good enough to fade five outs on the river, but the tables there are super easy and super generous.

I mean I'm really only going as a favour to Alex, but that would hardly answer your question. Wink
craigbetts

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2011, 10:21:58 PM »

Nice start to your diary. What have been your poker highlights thus far? Where can you see yourself in 3 years time?

"We're not here to take part, we're here to take over"
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2011, 10:26:36 PM »

who in your opinion from years of dealing is a better cash player than keith johnson and a better tourney player than me?

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
craigbetts

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2011, 10:29:17 PM »

who in your opinion from years of dealing is a better cash player than keith johnson and a better tourney player than me?

Vaidas imo!

"We're not here to take part, we're here to take over"
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 184 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: