blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 09, 2024, 01:19:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272672 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Positivity and Positive Thinking
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Positivity and Positive Thinking  (Read 1181 times)
mjrevie

Hulkamania is alive and kicking!!

View Profile
« on: April 03, 2006, 12:30:19 PM »

I've decided there is too much negativity in the world, especially from people who dont understand what true tragedy is. Illness, uncontrollable debt, loss of a loved one - the inevitability of encountering one of these things means that at some point in time, we shall all feel down and sad.

But I'm fed up with people moaning about tiny little things. I'm annoyed with things such as 'i've not seen aces in weeks', 'i get paid a pitance' or 'of all people, why with my best friend!!?!?' been given a negative spin. People should turn these around and look at the positives - 'this gives me a chance to develop my stealing and bluffing game', 'well its not too bad, i get paid more than firemen who risk their life on a daily basis' or 'well at least i know you've not caught anything, you dont need to go to the clinic'.

A period of positivity and positive thinking is entering this blondites life. Some people around you feed you positive energy, and some people around you drain your positive energy from you. We dont appreciate how much we've got until we think we've hit rock bottom - then reliase that our rock bottom is someonelses happily ever after.

Smile - Its easier than frowning!!
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2006, 12:41:20 PM »

'of all people, why with my best friend!!?!?'

'Who am I going to go down the pub with now, you heartless cow?' Smiley

Smile - Its easier than frowning!!

"People come up to me and say, 'What's wrong?' Nothing. 'Well, it takes more energy to frown than it does to smile.' Yeah, you know it takes more energy to point that out than it does to leave me alone?" - Bill Hicks.

I just think that many of these people who complain about things in their life have not made the required sacrifice to Badbeatius - he's not just a poker god, you know.

ALL HAIL BADBEATIUS.
mjrevie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2006, 12:48:44 PM »

'of all people, why with my best friend!!?!?'

'Who am I going to go down the pub with now, you heartless cow?' Smiley

Actually it was her best friend. These werent my moans, these are other peoples moans that people think i'm interested in/want to hear. Like I care if you havent seen aces in weeks - your not meant to see them every hand. People moan moan moan and dont have enough positive thinking.

I think I need to perform a task every day which spreads the positive thinking and give positive energy to others.

Task for today - Bring a small ray of sunshine to a strangers life (At this point, yet to be defined - suggestions welcome)!!
Timescale - Midnight Monday 03 April
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2006, 12:51:27 PM »

Task for today - Bring a small ray of sunshine to a strangers life (At this point, yet to be defined - suggestions welcome)!!

Transfer some $$$ to ByronKincaid on Poker Stars? Cheesy
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2006, 03:04:08 PM »

mrjrevie,

I'm with you all the way. Sod "glass half-empty", it's half-full.

I think I love you.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
mjrevie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2006, 03:25:31 PM »

Timescale - Midnight Monday 03 April

Task accomplished on way back from late lunch!

Accomplishment - Gave a handful of grapes (red, seedless) to cute (but older) secretary in neighbouring department.
Result - Strange look, then acceptance, then smile, then thank you. Linzi is no longer classified as a stranger.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2006, 03:55:16 PM »

Accomplishment - Gave a handful of grapes (red, seedless) to cute (but older) secretary in neighbouring department.
Result - Strange look, then acceptance, then smile, then thank you. Linzi is no longer classified as a stranger.

As this achievement obviously involved a certain degree of self interest....cute AND older......does it count?

tomorrow, buy me a Ferrari!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
mjrevie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2006, 04:34:04 PM »

Buying you a ferrari would not give you any positive energy. You haven't earned it, deserved it or worked for it. You wouldn't cherish, appreciate the toll and suffering it caused you to get it and as such you wouldn't value the gesture.

Instead, if I could somehow provide you with some positive energy, you may decide to enter an online tournie tonight, take 1st prize and then buy yourself a Ferrari (ok a toy ferrari, but you get my point).

Go forth and Conquer!!!!
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2006, 05:21:59 PM »

thank you, going forth as of now!

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2006, 07:27:42 PM »

go forth and multiply?

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2006, 12:55:53 AM »

its positive thinking that precipitated my depression.

i wanna be deppressed.

i want to be agoraphobic.

i want the nhs to pay for my medication and treatment.

dont mind me, my copy of the sound of music broke when i fell on it after buzzer the fish drew out on me again, can i borrow yours? or your spare.
Sunday8pm

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2006, 01:28:27 AM »

mrjrevie,

I'm with you all the way. Sod "glass half-empty", it's half-full.

I think I love you.

You should have that as your signature Tikay, i hear you say it all the time! too true though Cool
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: