blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 08:34:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272697 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16948 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Reece goes away for Christmas. Again.
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 152 153 [154] 155 156 157 158 ... 177 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reece goes away for Christmas. Again.  (Read 406514 times)
The_nun

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk

View Profile
« Reply #2295 on: August 17, 2015, 09:41:18 AM »

We surprised visited Reece & Co yesterday on his holiday. We located them in the pool as Stacey had mentioned on the phone that was where they were intending on going in the morning.

Reece's face was a picture, unfortunately I couldn't take photo's as he was in the swimming pool and cameras are no longer permitted due to obvious reasons.

He stayed swimming for about half an hour, with his line being back in that is really about the most we like him to be in water.

Got a few pic's.

He went to the shooting range, the boy did good hitting his targets a few times. 

The_nun

View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: September 02, 2015, 06:20:18 PM »

All is going well with Reece. He is now down to 4 nights on and 3 nights off TPN and retaining the gained weight. Hovering around 28kg  +. Vitamin levels remain excellent too.

He returned to school today so lets see how that goes, last year at Jnr's.

He is very much growing up now, finding his boundaries which can result in Xbox ban's but apart from minor things we are very lucky with him, he is so very polite and thoughtful and adores his sister.

Reece and I now share a little extra closeness or maybe it is best described as The understanding club of which only Reece and myself are the sole members in our family. This is the result of me having to have quite major surgery a week last Monday  on my tummy area / bowel / Ovaries plus some more parts that are no longer, which is the result of various Ultra Scans and MRI scans. When Reece walked into see me post op he looked at me in the eye and instantly it was like a new bond, he knew what I was feeling, exchanged a few words then kissed my cheek and this immense understanding crossed between us, hard to explain in words.

Once again Darren has been there coping in this fantastic patient and calm way he has. I am so lucky to have him as my husband and best friend.

Anyway life is for living folks so don't let minor troubles hold you back..... get out there and do what ever makes you happy.

Kev B

View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: September 02, 2015, 06:24:00 PM »

Happy to hear Reece is on the up.

Sorry to hear you've not been well and had to have an op Maureen. Get well soon my lovely. Love Kev Joo and family.

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2298 on: September 02, 2015, 06:28:10 PM »

Reece and I now share a little extra closeness or maybe it is best described as The understanding club of which only Reece and myself are the sole members in our family. This is the result of me having to have quite major surgery a week last Monday  on my tummy area / bowel / Ovaries plus some more parts that are no longer, which is the result of various Ultra Scans and MRI scans. When Reece walked into see me post op he looked at me in the eye and instantly it was like a new bond, he knew what I was feeling, exchanged a few words then kissed my cheek and this immense understanding crossed between us, hard to explain in words.

In a strange way, I think that's wonderful for both of you.

Great post.

The older I get, the better I was.
Redsgirl

View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: September 03, 2015, 01:35:55 PM »

Sorry to hear you haven't been well Maureen.
I'm so glad you have Darren to look after you, he sounds like a wonderful man, which of course is entirely right for a wonderful lady  Smiley
I'm sure you'll bounce back as well as Reece does, he looks amazing to say all he's been through recently.
Don't rush it though, take your time and get well soon!  X

If a man speaks in a forest and no woman is there to hear him, is he still wrong?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2300 on: September 03, 2015, 01:40:07 PM »

Sorry to hear you have had some problems, Maureen, but it sounds like Reece, in a way, repaid some debts.

Has he got a nice new school uniform for the new term? If "yes", photo please.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
The_nun

View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: September 03, 2015, 05:24:15 PM »

Thanks all,

I am getting there but I try to run before walking as I feel I can do more than I really am ready to do.

I did not see him spruced up for school and hope Stacey took the photo. If so I shall post it as soon as I get a copy.

The_nun

View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: September 09, 2015, 02:15:32 PM »

Sorry for got to ask if there is a picture of return to school day , on the to do list.

Reece has been back in hospital for the best part of his weekend,  all's well it was a false alarm thank goodness. Went back into School yesterday only to be sent home again. I have said to Stacey he really needs to have 2 days at least home tutoring put into place regardless of if he is in school or not. That way he will be guaranteed at least some education as he is missing out on his right in my opinion but we are not in a financial situation that allows us to pay for private tutors so hope that we can maybe get this for him some how via the relevant department. Also the school is not happy with him missing so many days but we, along with his community team seem to think it is more their attendance figures they are concerned about.  Anyway he is doing well so really that is all that matters at the moment.

Darren and I are sneaking off for a 2 night break to a caravan park in Wales, it is a countryside one set in nice peaceful surroundings so we are really looking forward to going in the morning. I will not be able to do much,  which will be a test for me as I love walking,  but just getting away will be great.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2303 on: September 09, 2015, 02:26:46 PM »

Sorry for got to ask if there is a picture of return to school day , on the to do list.

Reece has been back in hospital for the best part of his weekend,  all's well it was a false alarm thank goodness. Went back into School yesterday only to be sent home again. I have said to Stacey he really needs to have 2 days at least home tutoring put into place regardless of if he is in school or not. That way he will be guaranteed at least some education as he is missing out on his right in my opinion but we are not in a financial situation that allows us to pay for private tutors so hope that we can maybe get this for him some how via the relevant department. Also the school is not happy with him missing so many days but we, along with his community team seem to think it is more their attendance figures they are concerned about.  Anyway he is doing well so really that is all that matters at the moment.

Darren and I are sneaking off for a 2 night break to a caravan park in Wales, it is a countryside one set in nice peaceful surroundings so we are really looking forward to going in the morning. I will not be able to do much,  which will be a test for me as I love walking,  but just getting away will be great.

Caravans are sooo romantic.

The_nun

View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: September 09, 2015, 02:30:42 PM »

;

The very thought.

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2305 on: September 09, 2015, 02:46:46 PM »

;

The very thought.

I said romance, not bumping uglies.

You women are all the same.

The_nun

View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: September 18, 2015, 08:43:13 AM »

Little update.

Reece continues to gain weight (and muscle for the first time ever). He is over 29 kg now which is great news seeing as he has dropped the three nights off TPN and only has it 12 hrs over four nights.

Stacey is visiting potential secondary schools to choose a good one for him for next year. Problems being the best local one has mega loads of steps, although he is fine with steps we don't want him draining all his energy transfering from class to class.

The other schools are too far really for him as it would entail longer days due to traveling.

I was given the all clear this week from my biopsies , although I was told in no uncertain terms recovery will be a long job due to extent of surgery.

I can cope with that. Which is more than I can say for my brother of 57 who was yesterday diagnosed with bone cancer in three places.

Never straight forward in life is it.

I want to return to work as soon as they let me which is looking like November time. I will have a new position in Delay Attributions due to me being permanently medically restricted from my Guards roll.

This will suit me fine and I really am pleased to remain employed by Northern.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Redsgirl

View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: September 18, 2015, 10:35:48 AM »

Little update.

Reece continues to gain weight (and muscle for the first time ever). He is over 29 kg now which is great news seeing as he has dropped the three nights off TPN and only has it 12 hrs over four nights.

Stacey is visiting potential secondary schools to choose a good one for him for next year. Problems being the best local one has mega loads of steps, although he is fine with steps we don't want him draining all his energy transfering from class to class.

The other schools are too far really for him as it would entail longer days due to traveling.

I was given the all clear this week from my biopsies , although I was told in no uncertain terms recovery will be a long job due to extent of surgery.

I can cope with that. Which is more than I can say for my brother of 57 who was yesterday diagnosed with bone cancer in three places.

I want to return to work as soon as they let me which is looking like November time. I will have a new position in Delay Attributions due to me being permanently medically restricted from my Guards roll.

Whoa, what a mixed bag that post was Maureen.
I'm so pleased you got the all clear, but very sorry to hear your brother's news.
What a roller coaster ride this must be for you.
Sending love and best wishes as always xx

If a man speaks in a forest and no woman is there to hear him, is he still wrong?
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2308 on: September 18, 2015, 11:02:56 AM »

Little update.

Whoa, what a mixed bag that post was Maureen.
I'm so pleased you got the all clear, but very sorry to hear your brother's news.
What a roller coaster ride this must be for you.
Sending love and best wishes as always xx

What she said.

We can only play the hand we're dealt Maureen. You've had crap cards but I'm backing you to make the final.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: September 18, 2015, 11:07:10 AM »

Lost for words, really, but Tom & Little Tom-ess said it so well.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 152 153 [154] 155 156 157 158 ... 177 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: