blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 08:59:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272654 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  The DTD Grand Prix 29th-31st Oct 2010...Record Breaking Comp?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 21 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The DTD Grand Prix 29th-31st Oct 2010...Record Breaking Comp?  (Read 46610 times)
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2010, 11:40:17 AM »

I think a lot of us would rather the buyin was around the £100 mark with double the guarantee. But I think £50/£40k is prob better for DTD as it limits their losses a little bit.

Very ambitious! I hope it does well and I will certainly make an effort to play. I do worry about the Friday leg though...

Blue text
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2010, 06:23:14 PM »

I've heard the ept are soind a 100 pound 100k guarantee? Dunno if it's true or not but if it is this comp won't be a record breaker sadly

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2010, 06:47:17 PM »

Will they be holding it on the titanic george?

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2010, 06:49:39 PM »

Will they be holding it on the titanic george?

whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
NigDawG

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2010, 03:53:30 AM »

I heard that the £100k gtd EPT comp is not strictly a freezeout fwiw

what does that mean?

it's a 100+20 fo with 1/2 the vig going to charity isn't it?

i heard you're going to be able to buy back into the tournament once you bust but it's not a standard rebuy as such. might not be the case it was just something i heard, but would make more sense for them to guarentee a £100k this way

Christopher Brammer
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2010, 12:01:03 PM »

as in you can buy in on a later starting day?

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Newportlad

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2010, 07:55:48 PM »

Was planning to go to this, then realised that it clashes with the Ryder Cup.

SirPerceval

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2010, 08:54:49 PM »

I'm playing this.

I think there will be a big difference in the number of runners on the Friday and Saturday. If so, then will the Friday players be at a disadvantage with less chips in play?
Tractor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2010, 10:05:54 PM »

Noooooooo!

Can i please ask where most of you purchase your crack from?

Dapper Street Menswear
Newportlad

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2010, 10:18:52 PM »

Noooooooo!

Actually, it doesn't.  Got my days mixed up again. It DOES clash with the NFL game at Wembley though, that i'm going to...
BAM

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2010, 10:59:15 PM »

I'm playing this.

I think there will be a big difference in the number of runners on the Friday and Saturday. If so, then will the Friday players be at a disadvantage with less chips in play?

sigh did you flunk algebra?

Tractor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2010, 07:20:17 AM »

Noooooooo!

Actually, it doesn't.  Got my days mixed up again. It DOES clash with the NFL game at Wembley though, that i'm going to...

wiiiiiiiiiiii!

Can i please ask where most of you purchase your crack from?

Dapper Street Menswear
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2010, 05:43:39 PM »

Rob Yong’s £40K GTD Grand Prix Update

Well, we launch our marketing campaign this week for our first attempt at breaking the record poker field by getting 800 runners into our Grand Prix event on the 29th – 31st October. We have 31 runners bought in through our online card room so far, so just 769 short of our 800 runner guarantee! I am not panicking yet, although I won’t be looking forward to the “I told you that was a crazy idea” comments should the event prove to be a flop.

Speaking to customers at the club, the event seems to be have been received very well, although I have been politely asking them to hurry up and register so we can get a to a respectable confirmed total as soon as possible.

Dusk Till Dawn will have been open almost 3 years to the day when we try and break this record, and it would be fantastic to do so, especially after winning the British Poker Awards a couple of weeks ago. It has been a well documented struggle with unforeseen hurdles but getting an award is great recognition for everybodys hard work connected with the club, and to host the biggest ever poker tournament in 5 weeks time would be amazing for us.

I will keep our members regularly updated with how the Grand Prix is progressing, and please forgive me for a few gentle reminders now and then in the club. I don’t mind asking for a bit of support on this one, as it’s like a personal idea, rather than a business one, to host this tournament.

Of course, it’s highly likely setting a guarantee of 800 runners will result in a pretty big overlay, something Dusk Till Dawn has been known to do pretty well on more than a few occasions. However, we also see the overlays as going directly back into our members’ pockets, and therefore the poker community. As we know, poker money has a habit of being recycled at the tables, so they are not totally bad news. I also really want us to continue pushing the boundaries in the poker industry going forward, so a few accidents along the way are inevitable!

£50 for a 1st prize of £13,000, the option of playing day 1 on either Friday or Saturday, plus a great structure…………… I really need your support on this one as the “reasonable buy-in with a large prize pool” is a concept that I would like to develop, as well as breaking the record of course!

Cheers,

Rob

Dusk Till Dawn

For full event details as well as how to register, please visit www.dusktilldawnpoker.com/grandprix

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2010, 05:51:35 PM »

Have registered for the sat. I reeeeeally think you need try and put the start time back on the Friday a bit and play later if logistically possible. I would have regged for the Fri if I could, but its pretty much impossible for me to be at the club before 5pm.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2010, 05:55:56 PM »

Have registered for the sat. I reeeeeally think you need try and put the start time back on the Friday a bit and play later if logistically possible. I would have regged for the Fri if I could, but its pretty much impossible for me to be at the club before 5pm.

+1

Haven't reg'd yet but probably will. Really hope this goes well for you.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 21 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: