blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 04:00:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272669 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16722 Members
Latest Member: TheDoubleTop
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 1281 1282 1283 1284 [1285] 1286 1287 1288 1289 ... 2344 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3618637 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19260 on: August 26, 2012, 08:59:52 AM »

Lol, thanks Jase. I think.

I am a bit of a Bridge Geek, which I guess is deemed as rather sad by some, but I'm very familiar with most of our major bridges, & recognized it instantly.

I'm trying to get balance in my life, see, but maybe I've just made the case for the prosecution....

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #19261 on: August 26, 2012, 11:10:33 AM »

I am a bit of a Bridge Geek, which I guess is deemed as rather sad by some, but I'm very familiar with most of our major bridges, & recognized it instantly.

I'm trying to get balance in my life, see, but maybe I've just made the case for the prosecution....

A very expensive piece of electioneering leaving something of a white elephant behind.

http://www.davidsimmonds.com/index.php?action=download_resource&id=4&module=resourcesmodule&src=%40random4767836fd9d18

Had a large cost in terms of lives lost in construction too I believe

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #19262 on: August 26, 2012, 11:21:45 AM »

A very expensive piece of electioneering leaving something of a white elephant behind.

http://www.davidsimmonds.com/index.php?action=download_resource&id=4&module=resourcesmodule&src=%40random4767836fd9d18

I don't know how many died but my mates dad did for sure.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19263 on: August 26, 2012, 11:34:45 AM »

I was not aware of that, but it does not surprise me - Construction is a very dangerous industry in which to work.

Stats can be so misleading, but deaths in the UK Construction Industry continue to run at an average one per week. Construction Industry fatalaties are rarely mentioned in the Media, whereas average annual fatalities in the Coal Mining Industry - which I believe average one tenth of those in Construction, though with a smaller workforce - always seem to make the headlines. And quite right too, every fatality at work is a truly dreadful thing, no matter what the trade.

For Premiership Bridge Geeks, the story of the constyruction of the bridge is here, great read it is too......

http://www.humberbridge.co.uk/media/Engineering_The_Humber_Bridge_e-book.pdf

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #19264 on: August 26, 2012, 12:41:17 PM »

As I recall it from my studies, the.construction was beset by problems of.poor geological work and the overspend was huge.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #19265 on: August 26, 2012, 12:55:41 PM »

I love the Humber bridge.  Such a beautiful bridge when looked at close up.  I was living in Hull when it went up, have walked over it, cycled over it and driven over it.  Always recommend people visit it if they are in the area.  Best view is looking from underneath it just to get the scale of the thing.

Went over it for the first time in ages a couple of months ago. Will be taking the same route again given the chance.  The linked study has a minor error btw. You can zip down the A15 towards lincoln/peterborough which is a way less crowded and more pleasant drive than the A1.  The A15 is also worth a visit to admire the work of roman road builders.  It is arrow straight, barring one kink, for about 20 miles.  Don't know what they were thinking when they put the kink in. 

When top gear went to the glorious new tall French bridge, that Clarkson said they'd never build such a thing in the UK.  I thought of the Humber bridge then.  

The price of a crossing was half price when I went over it.  So if you are travelling to or from anywhere close in the near future, now is the time to give it a go.

Fk the haters as the kids say.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #19266 on: August 30, 2012, 11:56:03 AM »

We've a new addition.  Introducing Fib

Click to see full-size image.

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #19267 on: August 30, 2012, 11:58:10 AM »

Another male into the house and I'm well outnumbered now.  So far so good and I'd like to think it'll carry on that way, but just in case...any tips when dealing with two male dogs? 

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #19268 on: August 30, 2012, 12:14:52 PM »

Another male into the house and I'm well outnumbered now.  So far so good and I'd like to think it'll carry on that way, but just in case...any tips when dealing with two male dogs? 

U pls Don't undress infront of them. It may make them ****
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19269 on: August 30, 2012, 02:38:57 PM »

Just make sure they both know that you're the boss and Jack is second in command. Then let them decide their own pecking order.

They might have a bit of a showdown when the youngster starts feeling manly, but it's best to let them get it over with.

If they do there will be a lot of horrible snapping and snarling, but it's rare that they do each other any real damage.

PS- I haven't forgotten about the bird feeders, it's just that my life is manic at the moment.

xx

The older I get, the better I was.
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #19270 on: August 30, 2012, 07:49:33 PM »

Are you not selling a horse shit sandwich Tom ?

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19271 on: August 30, 2012, 08:18:04 PM »

No spare bread Lee 

The older I get, the better I was.
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #19272 on: August 30, 2012, 08:36:32 PM »

No spare bread Lee 

All you need is van diesel. Find that picture, create a thread and youll be sold out by midnight.
Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19273 on: August 31, 2012, 09:04:39 AM »

Just make sure they both know that you're the boss and Jack is second in command. Then let them decide their own pecking order.

They might have a bit of a showdown when the youngster starts feeling manly, but it's best to let them get it over with.

If they do there will be a lot of horrible snapping and snarling, but it's rare that they do each other any real damage.

PS- I haven't forgotten about the bird feeders
, it's just that my life is manic at the moment.

xx

Went to buy one yesterday but thought I'd see what had been put on here about them. My eldest boy has declared a passing interest in the birds that land in the bird bath inherited from
the previous owner of my new house, so I'd like to get a feeder. Was thinking summat simple like this-

But just wondered whether peanuts or the wild seed stuff would be better for the birds???
tx,
Mohican

Cymru am byth
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #19274 on: August 31, 2012, 09:24:03 AM »

I went with peanuts first, because the birds used to hoover them when I lived in Ireland.  The birds over here won't touch 'em though, not even the pigeons.  At least not the ones around our house.  Sigh.  Have since gone with seed and fat balls and they love them...even the damn pigeons. 

Pages: 1 ... 1281 1282 1283 1284 [1285] 1286 1287 1288 1289 ... 2344 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: