blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 03:57:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272677 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16724 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  From a generic Degree to a leading Poker Practitioner
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: From a generic Degree to a leading Poker Practitioner  (Read 72878 times)
JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2013, 11:09:39 AM »

On the work grind

Hey, apologies I haven't been able to report much on poker recently.

University work has took a strong priority at the moment, with an on going group consultancy project for a wine company. As well as this I have an analytical cluster analysis essay in for 7 days time.

The real life work front however has sped up. There seems to be possible prospects on the horizon for when I leave University, which is great process.

On top of this I've been speaking to pleno, and may have an on going project I can work on as of when I have some spare time, again would be a very nice project to add to my personal CV and with it hopefully completed by the end of my degree, should set me up perfectly as I search for work within the 'real world' so to speak.

JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 13, 2013, 02:28:25 PM »

Steady progress

My life has mainly consisted fo rushing to get essays done in time for a hand in date on Friday, including topics about stats, my placement and the consultancy project previously mentioned.

I'm really enjoying the reflection on my placement at Dusk Till Dawn. It makes me realise how fortunate I was to be in a position that I really enjoyed, at a place that I absolutely love for an entire year, getting to know a tonne of faces in the industry. Without it, I wouldn't be writing this diary (for better or for worse, you decide).

I always wonder about the poker/real life content of a diary on here. I suppose it will take shape over time, but there's very little to report on the poker front with all the work going on, so it's left me leaving a bit bare.

However, pretty hyped as tomorrow I will be going to the Newcastle vs. Anzhi game at St. James. Should have my essays completed by then, so it's a perfect excuse to relax before the girlfriend makes her way over here from Poland. Also means I will see one of the all time greats in action (I think?), Sammy Eto'o who currently plays for the Russian outfit.

VBlue

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 13, 2013, 02:34:06 PM »

FML - only just realised your are called JGill and not Jill.  Thank God I didn't start flirting.  That pic of you is small on my PC and could have been a chick with a short hair-cut.  Honest.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 03:07:39 PM by VBlue » Logged
JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 13, 2013, 03:05:22 PM »

FML - only just realised your are call JGill and not Jill.  Thank God I didn't start flirting.  That pic of you is small on my PC and could have been a chick with a shot hair-cut.  Honest.
ahaha, it's cool. Now and then I get told I look like a lesbian with short hair, I get it all the time :p

millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 13, 2013, 03:08:43 PM »

FML - only just realised your are call JGill and not Jill.  Thank God I didn't start flirting.  That pic of you is small on my PC and could have been a chick with a shot hair-cut.  Honest.
ahaha, it's cool. Now and then I get told I look like a lesbian with short hair, I get it all the time :p

Brags itt

JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2013, 03:40:35 PM »

Brags itt
That thinly veiled?

JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2013, 12:24:40 PM »

It's been a while...

It's been a while since my last post due to the uni hand-ins, followed by my gf who arrived on Friday.

Really nice to have some time to chill out. Sadly the dissertation has to remain inn the forefront of my mind, where the thought of cluster analysis is killing me at the moment.

Playing Day 1a of the Newcastle GPS (tomorrow), really excited for this opportunity. Morale is high, I feel like I've been away from the tables long enough to avoid judgement being cloudy, and at the same time it hasn't been too long since I last played. I really enjoy having a break, even if it is just a week before playing. Really makes me feel like it matters a lot for me to be able to focus 100%, as supposed to playing so much that I eventually feel that I'm just splashing about a little - something that I definitely need to avoid.

I'm sure I will be seeing plenty of recognisable faces on the toon, feel more than welcome to come and say hi.

VBlue

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2013, 12:34:19 PM »

It's been a while...
my gf who arrived on Friday.

Further confirmation obv.

GL in Newcastle
JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2013, 10:32:06 AM »

Baggin' em up

Played Newcastle GPS yesterday, and was very happy overall with how it went. An unusually small field (65) due to obvious travelling distances for players. Throughout the tournament had plenty of notables including mondatoo, Ben Jones, Jamie Dale, Ross Boatman and others.

A few semi interesting hands, but nothing incredible. Very happy with how disciplined I remained throughout the day, nothing needed to be forced and picked up the odd small spot to keep my stack ticking over. However later on I had Umar Khan (DTD reg) on my table. I know how aggro he is and typically over values some hands, and bets them all. It resorted in me calling him down 3x, won 2, the other time he had dem aces. Since he had the table covered for the majority of the tournament, I tried to play small ball vs him in general.

Hand #1

Background: I'd played fairly tight for the 4 hours or so I had been on mondatoo's table, as had he, we weren't getting into silly spots.
Stacks: I had about 100k, he had me covered (just).
Blinds: 500/1000/100
Hand: He opens UTG to 2k, I'm UTG+1 with AK, make it 4.6k. Folds all the way round, he clicks it back to about 10k (I think).
I feel we are deep enough to peel, but there are never any flops that I love, it's the 1st time he's 4 bet. He knows I shouldn't be 3betting light, so I find a fold.

Hand #2
http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=60659.0
Marginal spot I think, could have gone either way.

As it got later the table got tougher, and I was happy to see the end of the day as it shouldn't be this tough come Day 2.

Thankfully I bagged up 110k (7/25/65) for the day, could have been a cheeky 38k more should I not chop AK vs AQ following a 3bet jam and I find a fold. Blinds 800/1600/200 on Saturday.

going to have a long couple of chilled days today and tomorrow.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 02:19:26 PM by JGill_DTD » Logged

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2013, 02:30:40 PM »

I hadn't been at the table for that long, at that point it was still your table  Tongue

Wpwp, see you Saturday.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 02:58:19 PM by mondatoo » Logged
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2013, 04:10:54 PM »

I feel we are deep enough to peel, but there are never any flops that I love

A22?

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2013, 04:53:37 PM »

Gllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2013, 07:59:24 PM »

I feel we are deep enough to peel, but there are never any flops that I love

A22?

When I say this, I feel like if such a flop happens then I'm probs winning the absolute minimum or being put to a tough decision for a chop or for him to have AA, in which case I'm like lol 1 outer

I'm never really comfortably winning chunks in this hand

flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2013, 07:19:47 PM »

gl today pal,  nice play on live stream.

Your only on this Planet once.......... so enjoy
JGill_DTD

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 24, 2013, 01:41:05 AM »

Day 3 wiiiiiiii

Loving life, chipleader on 1.46mil going into Day 3, 15 left, £38k up top.

Too much to write but yeah, so sick I've ran this deep already, hyped for tomorrow

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: