blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 09:56:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272714 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Advice please for satelites for EPT seats.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Advice please for satelites for EPT seats.  (Read 1757 times)
Skgv

View Profile
« on: November 25, 2013, 09:46:25 PM »

I never play satelites so any suggestions what sort to play that offers where the value is best in your opinions would help please? Is it best to play EPT sats just on pokerstars ?
All advice welcome , thanks
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 10:25:00 PM »

Where else would you play EPT sats? Winamax is the only other site that I know runs them. Once a week on Sundays. The Stars ones are pretty solid and reggish in my experience. You can game select and pick ones that have less regs. EPT is just another tournament though, despite what Poker Stars want to have you think. Plenty of good tournaments with nice sats every week. GL in whatever you play.
Skgv

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 10:41:17 PM »

Where else would you play EPT sats? Winamax is the only other site that I know runs them. Once a week on Sundays. The Stars ones are pretty solid and reggish in my experience. You can game select and pick ones that have less regs. EPT is just another tournament though, despite what Poker Stars want to have you think. Plenty of good tournaments with nice sats every week. GL in whatever you play.
thanks for making the time to reply ! I don't play hold em online so I wouldn't know who is a reg or not but what buy ins would be the best if I have no reads or notes on anyone ?
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 10:59:53 PM »

My actual advice would be to forget EPT sats and play sats for other stuff, or just play regular tournaments and use the money you win to play an EPT.

If you really want to play EPT sats then the ones midweek tend to be less reggish (except Tuesdays?) and of course the rebuys mean you pay less rake. However the turbo 3x rebuy ones are a total crapshoot and I don't understand why Stars persist widely with this format. Others may have an opinion on this. Also beware that if you play for a package you will also be playing for a very overpriced hotel room.

Summary: I think EPT sats are toughish and the packages are poor value.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 11:13:49 PM by bergeroo » Logged
Skgv

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 04:40:53 PM »

My actual advice would be to forget EPT sats and play sats for other stuff, or just play regular tournaments and use the money you win to play an EPT.

If you really want to play EPT sats then the ones midweek tend to be less reggish (except Tuesdays?) and of course the rebuys mean you pay less rake. However the turbo 3x rebuy ones are a total crapshoot and I don't understand why Stars persist widely with this format. Others may have an opinion on this. Also beware that if you play for a package you will also be playing for a very overpriced hotel room.

basically by the lack of replies an a lot of people reading but not adding anything I assume it's just best to buy in direct !
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 05:56:07 PM »

The ones that run on .FR are meant to be good.

I was going to say what Bergeroo said that ones on .com are pretty tough/reg infested.
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 05:59:30 PM »

Things don't have to be labelled a satellite in order for them to work like a satellite in your mind.  Lots of people for instance just play sides, and treat any decent payout as a satellite into the Main event.  Or you could back a 20/1 horse for enough ££ to "award" a seat.  Tier by 10 and let it ride twice... all satellites really.

I've played some really hyper-turbo satellites that were quite enjoyable, always fun watching someone spending £600 and still not winning a seat to the £500 event..  However, others were complaining that the satellite structure was too fast...(errr... it's a satellite, did you want 30k, all the levels and an hour clock??)  and I've played a really slow satellite which was so painful to sit in, a 20/1 horse sounded like a great idea by comparison.

As to which ones are best, can't help there Sad  But anything offering a couple of seats as an overlay would be a good place to start.

Skgv

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2013, 06:30:33 PM »

Things don't have to be labelled a satellite in order for them to work like a satellite in your mind.  Lots of people for instance just play sides, and treat any decent payout as a satellite into the Main event.  Or you could back a 20/1 horse for enough ££ to "award" a seat.  Tier by 10 and let it ride twice... all satellites really.

I've played some really hyper-turbo satellites that were quite enjoyable, always fun watching someone spending £600 and still not winning a seat to the £500 event..  However, others were complaining that the satellite structure was too fast...(errr... it's a satellite, did you want 30k, all the levels and an hour clock??)  and I've played a really slow satellite which was so painful to sit in, a 20/1 horse sounded like a great idea by comparison.

As to which ones are best, can't help there Sad  But anything offering a couple of seats as an overlay would be a good place to start.
I just buy in for any tournment I play live as dont play hold em online . So I'm a rookie into how pokerstars as a site works so I thought I d try an gain some info as people always saying they won a seat or a package via a satellite an I'm going to buy in for Prague anyway as I normally try to win in cash to pay for tourney buy ins. They just made it sound so easy I'd thought maybe it's worth a spin up ? But thanks for info !
pvas2

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2013, 08:02:54 PM »

Exactly this. I only play the 500 euro sats if I can get in to them on a Sunday for under 200euro. Often there is very little value and there are a few really strong sat regs that take most of the equity out of them anyway. Some of the 215 double chance ones can be decent though. I'd just try for the PCA instead and play a mega!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: