blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 06:16:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272713 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Fun board run out
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fun board run out  (Read 1483 times)
zerofive

View Profile
« on: March 16, 2012, 01:50:18 PM »

1/2 game. Villain is a bit of a nit, not seen him showdown in any significant pots so we're in the dark a bit here. I've been playing pretty tight, but I'm not sure how much attention he's been paying to me. I think we're both just happy to nit up and take money off the fish in the blinds. Stack sizes not super important.

Pre: One limper in MP, iso the hijack to £10 with . Villain calls on the button, folds round.

Flop (£25)

Bet £15 he calls.

Turn (£55)

Bet £36 he calls.

River (£127)

Huh?? Check fold?
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 08:45:40 PM »

I just hate the idea of not being able to value bet here!

Bully87
Just a 50NL Fish

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 09:10:50 PM »

Gross hand to be in by the river. Would be a lot easier to play if the villain had shown any streak of aggression.

Never turning up with anything worse and you cant get him to fold much anything except K9o unless he's a complete nit and folds KJ/AK.

C/fold save dem pennies.
Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 12:31:05 AM »

Barring a really specific read this is not even close to a value bet. Just cos you have two pair doesn't mean you have a good hand - relative hand strength vs absolute hand strength etc.

Check-fold the river.

Bet a lot bigger on the turn btw.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 12:41:10 AM by Honeybadger » Logged
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2012, 03:03:56 AM »

Barring a really specific read this is not even close to a value bet. Just cos you have two pair doesn't mean you have a good hand - relative hand strength vs absolute hand strength etc.

Check-fold the river.

Bet a lot bigger on the turn btw.

Yh what I meant was, I really hate the fact I flopped TWO PAIR and now can no longer bet my hand for value Sad

Makes me sad

DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2012, 09:34:27 AM »

I'd like a bigger bet on the flop since this board smacks his peeling range pretty hard. Same on the turn probably 45ish. River is a very easy c/f when you think about what hands he can have.

His flopped pair+gutter hands fold the turn, he has barely any Ax combos that aren't clubs or 2 pair. AcQx is the only one I can think of and in the absence of reads to the contrary I don't see any reason to believe that he's going to turn flopped pairs that he stationed the turn with into bluffs on river.

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2012, 10:43:47 AM »

yh like it's actually very hard for him to not be winning right now.

If this was a very good thinking player, you're going to be kind of under it here as he we don't have MUCH of  c/c range so he cant start turning KQ and AJ/AT into a bluff how but we really cannot ever call vs nearly anyone with the majority of our range as they are going to VB pretty well if they are capable of this kind of trickery

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2012, 03:00:59 PM »

I like bigger bets on the flop and turn. Although its exploitable, it doesn't really matter, he needs to play with us a fair bit to realise the difference between 15 and 19/21 on this flop.

Making it 18 on the flop makes the pot bigger, allowing a bigger turn bet, meaning our opponent is more likely too define his range on the turn too. Such a dirty board run out, run better.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2012, 01:02:12 PM »

Because of how sopping wet the board is I'd pot bet this on both streets, you're only getting called by worse hands OTR bar like KQ (?!) or AQ.

River?

- sigh
- check/fold
- hate life

Hope you did c/f river chief Wink
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: