blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 06:12:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272713 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  50/1 dtd three bet pot
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 50/1 dtd three bet pot  (Read 873 times)
rbolt2

View Profile
« on: March 25, 2012, 04:49:33 AM »

Effective stacks are around 150 bbs,

utg+1 opens to 4

folds to hero in the cutoff i 3 bet with   to 12, folds to villain who calls.

Flop:  

Villian check, I bet 15 he calls,

turn  

Villain check

At this point I was going to check it back but it seems like a good card to lead again

Hero bets 30, villain jams all in for 110, hero folds.

Thinking I should have checked back the turn, anyone have any comments, I don't really like the 3 bet that much.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 05:00:54 AM by rbolt2 » Logged
PeeJay

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2012, 06:54:43 AM »

3betting isn't the worst play in the world. In 50/1 call happy games at DTD, I'd be far more inclined to flat pre and keep your 3betting range weighted far more towards value because nobody will take notice and still pay you off. 3 betting is going to bring you some tricky spots in terms of stacks sizes with the 100 cap now in effect.

Good card to rep on the turn ofc. Need a plan before you bet though. You have to call like £80 into £110 ott so aren't getting the right price to make it profitable long term and villain can also show up with some dominating draws here sometimes. Probably bet bigger on both post flop streets tbh
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2012, 08:11:49 AM »

I'd be tempted to go for a super unbalanced bet/call 50 on the turn. Vs most 50/1 players this'll scare em off most of their range and if they don't find their balls, or have turned aces up, get there!

Don't like the 3b pre at all, speshly vs an ep opener. Also, much rather have k9 cc if you're going to get out of line.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
stato_1

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2012, 08:41:49 AM »

I'd be tempted to go for a super unbalanced bet/call 50 on the turn. Vs most 50/1 players this'll scare em off most of their range and if they don't find their balls, or have turned aces up, get there!

Don't like the 3b pre at all, speshly vs an ep opener. Also, much rather have k9 cc if you're going to get out of line.

All of this. Love how Alex describes K9cc as getting out of line, you should see some of the garbage he back-raises with on the button!
tufat23

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2012, 03:32:08 PM »

pretty ugly 3bet pre. turn bet is too big.
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2012, 03:37:30 PM »

if ive read it right your getting 2:1 (you gotta call 80 into 84)?

I mean its not the greatest of calls but i think in a game like this I probs do it anyway

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2012, 03:39:50 PM »

turn bet is too big.

£30/£58? Seems too stnd to me. Chking back is better than 30/fold imo but I quite like the idea of betting huge and calling.

DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2012, 03:54:51 PM »

Reads on the opener would help but readless I don't like the 3bet with this type of hand - actually I'm not really 3betting much at all readless vs an UTG+1 opener playing 150bbs in at full ring live cash. I wouldn't expect him to be opening a particularly big %age of hands and vs a tightish range most of the value in 89s here is in stacking overpairs which you don't need to be in a 3bet pot to do because randoms playing live cash never fold overpairs. Happy to flat and play fairly fit or fold vs his range.

If you are going to 3bet though you can definitely make it bigger and he's not gunna fold much hence why having a 3betting range greatly weighted to value hands is going to be a good idea.

As played definitely bet the turn. You just eliminate any chance of winning the pot unless you get there when you check back this turn. I'm barreling with the intention of jamming river expecting him to peel one more with a hand like 99-JJ and fold rivers. Also if he peeled and just c/called with a broadway club combo I'd expect him to freeze up, peel turn and c/f river quickly.

Gotta fold turn unfortunately, getting 2.44 you need just over 3 to 1 to call. My line would be 45/call.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 03:56:53 PM by DMorgan » Logged

Patonius2000

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2012, 04:03:58 PM »

3b pre is bad, bet big/call ott.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: