blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 22, 2024, 05:58:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272716 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Always an ace
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Always an ace  (Read 2679 times)
skolsuper

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2012, 10:42:59 AM »

If sean had come on and posted that he 4b to 125 and villain folded, I guarantee everybody would have said "make it smaller". Stop being results-based dave.
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2012, 11:08:03 AM »

Who cares about theory when we are up against a 60/40/2 (the but is never going to 5b jam bluff/light in this spot, whatever we do).
All we care about is getting as much money in as possible in before our villain gets cold feet.

In this particular hand I agree with Honeybadger, but in general, Dave's advice is strong.

Bet big, bet often and, most importantly, bet fast.

Fantastic point. Less time he has to "think" the better. 4ball quickly and he'll have called before hes realised his money is in the pot

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2012, 08:00:43 PM »

If sean had come on and posted that he 4b to 125 and villain folded, I guarantee everybody would have said "make it smaller". Stop being results-based dave.

WWJMKD?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2012, 09:22:23 AM »

I guarantee you I wouldn't have, my very first reaction on reading the description of the villain was that I would make a HUGE 4bet here.

There is nothing to induce but a call from mr. tilt or a 5b from the 3better IF he has a good hand (which we'd get regardless of our sizing, and I don't think it makes much difference in this game) If Mr. Tilt is overcalling a 3bet and is over-overcalling a 4bet, I really cant see that an extra 30quid is going to discourage him, but he's almost certainly fit-or-folding the flop (so the more money we get in pre-flop the weaker he commits himself post-flop and the more money we make when he chk-folds - I realise in his current mental state he prolly won't need to over-qualify to stack of post flop, but he's going to have a weak enough range that misses the flop and chk/folds a decent %)

Obviously none of this is theoretically optimal

claypole

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2012, 10:26:21 AM »

The fact lilDave is up and posting at 9am makes this thread even better
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2012, 11:19:36 AM »

The fact lilDave is up and posting at 9am makes this thread even better

been awake pre 8am three days running. So far today I've been to two meetings, had breakfast, opened a new bank account and had time to disagree with James Keys Cheesy

#mugglesgonnamuggle

Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: