blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 02:01:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272674 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  I hate Ronaldo
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I hate Ronaldo  (Read 6261 times)
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 05, 2006, 03:40:10 AM »

Rod, good post but I dont buy the "all he did was defend his team mate" one bit.

The pre match wind up, the winking, the admission of wanting to leave England - that's not defending your team mate.

To me this is clear cut, he is not a good professional.

Right - say a German had stamped on Beckham? Would everyone be expecting Hargreaves to defend the German? Or to be complaining at the ref that his teammate was assaulted? Can you imagine the abuse Hargreaves would take if he sided with a German teammate?

Pre-match wind up - not nice, but it happens all the time.

The wink - about 2 minutes after the stamp... no-one knows what it was over apart from Ronaldo and whoever he was winking at. Seized on by moral authorites like Alan Shearer and Ian Wright, to help the agenda of blaming everything on Johnny Foreigner.

Admitting to wanting to leave... sorry? This marks someone as unproffessional? You'll want Gerard sacked then.

Seriously, the vilification of Ronaldo is well out of order. Add it to the ref who was forced into retirement after the Euro championships and we're starting to see a nasty pattern.  Time for FIFA/UEFA to put the spotlight on the English press I think.

Rod, we cannot seriously blame the press for a lunatic who threatens to kill a referee! The Papers writing tripe and people reacting to them by threatening to kill a ref are miles away from each other.

You could be correct about everything you say about Ronaldo but IMHO it is more likely he tried some nasty gamesmanship that went a bit too far. Just my opinion.
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2006, 03:43:29 AM »

I guess Ronaldo's middle finger to Benefica fans in the Champions League this year wasn't him inciting the bitter rivals of his ex club Sporting Lisboa?

Of course, he was trying to defend himself!

Baron if were going to go by Track records:

Wayne 'the Granny hooker humping, slapping colleen in a night club infront of all his mates' Rooney is fekked!

As I've said before I KNOW Rooney is guilty of a sending off offence. My comment above was only to show Ronaldo's character. I agree with everything you say about Rooney.
mex

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2006, 01:26:42 AM »

not bothered about the rooney incident so much, but ronaldo dived on the floor when challenged 8 times a game min, infact in one game he completed more dives than passes!! (but not poofy step overs), he waved his had in the air for bookings 4 times in the England game, apparently a yellow card offence according to Fifa, also by stepping between Rooney and The Ref after the ref had called Rooney foward ialso commited an offence.

The guys ability to to play football is marred by the fact he looks to gamesmanship more often than skill.

His career now will dive too, these falling over tendancies will go with him to his new club and he will be hated there too.

iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/mexico66.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204"></iframe>
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: