blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 10:20:10 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272669 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  smashedagain
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 ... 62 Go Down Print
Author Topic: smashedagain  (Read 159274 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: July 14, 2011, 02:57:22 PM »

A bunch of us went to é at Jaleo in the Cosmopolitan last week and it's a private restaurant within the restaurant. It's a table for 8 that's like a semi circle and the chefs prepare all 24 courses as you watch. It was a pretty special experience although for $400 a head it should be!!

I think some of the stuff was a little too refined for the palates of Alex and myself but on the whole it was an incredible experience. I probably wouldn't return but it was worth doing just to try it out and see what it was all about. Some of the dishes were just a bit too fancy and others were really good.

Cos and Sunny could probably put together a better TR than me for the meal anyway as I'm a bit of a caveman food wise and just muller whatever is put on my plate!!

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 14, 2011, 03:09:58 PM »

A bunch of us went to é at Jaleo in the Cosmopolitan last week and it's a private restaurant within the restaurant. It's a table for 8 that's like a semi circle and the chefs prepare all 24 courses as you watch. It was a pretty special experience although for $400 a head it should be!!

I think some of the stuff was a little too refined for the palates of Alex and myself but on the whole it was an incredible experience. I probably wouldn't return but it was worth doing just to try it out and see what it was all about. Some of the dishes were just a bit too fancy and others were really good.

Cos and Sunny could probably put together a better TR than me for the meal anyway as I'm a bit of a caveman food wise and just muller whatever is put on my plate!!
yes i read about this. sounds great and i much prefer doing this than a night club and drinking to excess. one of the better ways to spend $400 in vegas i think

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 14, 2011, 03:11:39 PM »

yes i read about this. sounds great and i much prefer doing this than a night club and drinking to excess. one of the better ways to spend $400 in vegas i think

I could think of better...

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 14, 2011, 03:43:52 PM »

I introduced the beautiful one to the way I like to do Vegas this year.... 2011 was all about 5 star dining and 1 star drinking!!

Dinner @ Cut in Palazzo then a cab down to O'Sheas or Fat Tuesdays at the IP Cheesy

Don't worry Milligan the OG saw more than $400 from me this summer sigh......

millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 14, 2011, 03:47:00 PM »

I introduced the beautiful one to the way I like to do Vegas this year.... 2011 was all about 5 star dining and 1 star drinking!!

Dinner @ Cut in Palazzo then a cab down to O'Sheas or Fat Tuesdays at the IP Cheesy

Don't worry Milligan the OG saw more than $400 from me this summer sigh......

Haha, Beasts gonna beast.

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 14, 2011, 06:11:09 PM »

hmmm

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #261 on: July 14, 2011, 06:33:34 PM »

Hope it's OK news mate

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 14, 2011, 08:49:18 PM »

sigh not good news. could have 5 mins could have 5 years. defo secondary cancer of some sort but have to wait more results. she is in lots of pain so all about the quality of life from here on in i think.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 14, 2011, 08:57:47 PM »

Sorry to hear that mate, thoughts are with you both.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 15, 2011, 01:09:09 AM »

Terrible news Jason, hope they get the pain under control, and its nearer 5 years than 5 mins. Thoughts with you, your mum and the family.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 15, 2011, 08:05:05 AM »

Ty all. I am 41 and if I am being totally honest have not been close to my mum until the boys were born in the last 4 years. I have a bit of sibling rivalry with my sister and my mum tends to spend most of her time looking after her kids who are 8 and 6. I fell out with my sister 7 years ago and ain't spoke since but love my niece and nephew and infact I looked after my nephew every Friday for the first year of his life. I don't have a problem with my mum helping my sister at all because she got divorced a couple of years back and this year was made redundant from her position of financial director when new owners took over the company she had 15 years with, so now she commutes an hour a day now to a new job.

Cancer is a horrible disease and I am a little biased because I have lost so many friends and relatives who have under gone the horrible treatment only to die anyway. Once you get diagnosed and they start the chemotherapy and radio then that seems to be game over to any quality of life in my opinion. I believe this so much that should I ever get cancer ( the chances are quite high) then I will really on my will power to fight the cause.

I have had 9 months to come to terms with my mums illness and never really show my emotions but yesterday everytime I look at the 3 boys I well up thinking they ain't gonna have a nanna for years to come.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 15, 2011, 10:57:14 AM »

I understand almost exactly what you're going through Jase and my thoughts are with you.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 15, 2011, 11:18:44 AM »

Jase, I understand that you're biased about cancer and treatment etc, but if it could be treated with will power alone, then I doubt anyone would ever die from it.

Plenty of people receive treatment and recover, to lead a normal life.

Each case is obviously different, but surely if you were to ever get cancer, and the doc said treatment could cure it, then that would surely be better than relying on will power?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 15, 2011, 11:23:26 AM »

I understand almost exactly what you're going through Jase and my thoughts are with you.
thanks both. yes my views are both biased and selfish. dont really know where to turn and used to think get a life to people who used the word cathartic. but for now i dont mind putting my thoughts down here.
 although its not my diary lol

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 15, 2011, 11:58:47 AM »

We lost Dad's mum and his only brother to cancer in the space of 6 months a few years ago. Such a  devastating disease, thoughts with you all and hope that they can ease her pain as much as possible.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 ... 62 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: