blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 07, 2024, 11:05:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272669 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  smashedagain
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 ... 62 Go Down Print
Author Topic: smashedagain  (Read 159275 times)
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #615 on: September 05, 2012, 03:21:28 PM »

just one question herbie and be carefull how you answer this are you a scunny utd fan?

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #616 on: September 05, 2012, 04:15:32 PM »

just one question herbie and be carefull how you answer this are you a scunny utd fan?

Harsh

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #617 on: September 05, 2012, 05:30:35 PM »

i follow them as my local team but I am not a big fan  mate. A lot of my friends are and as Scunthorpe is such a small place everyone knows everyone just about. Quite a few do have banning orders but there is not a large "firm" as such.
Having said that when I first met Catherine she was a season ticket holder and as she was pregnant I went along with her to all the home matches. Sadly these days Ladbrokes would not let here have the majority of home matches off so she gave it up. I really enjoyed that season seeing some old faces who always started the conversation with "what are you doing here?".
You could stand up at Scunthorpes end at the time but Catherine wanted to sit down so I insisted on choosing the seats and that was the ones occupied by the Scunthorpe Ultras ( a term used in the loosest sense of the word ) down the side of the ground in closest proximity to the away fans. All season long there was never any trouble but the banter between the two sets of fans was hilarious. We had an awesome season gaining promotion and was a real good time for the club initially under Brian Laws then again under Nigel Adkins.

If you are wondering why I choose Leeds to support, this was basically due to the fact my early years were spent in Germany and in the 70's Leeds were indeed mighty. Today I follow the Leeds results but only with the same passion as I follow Scunnies.

That has got me thinking. I do things with 100% passion and once the day comes to decide I have had enough I just walk away. This happened with my match fishing having had quite a successful time amassing tens of thousands of £ worth of gear and the best day of my life happened in fishing ( Catherine hates me saying it but the birth of the kids is only 2nd and 3rd ).

Maybe the day to walk away from poker is drawing close Wink

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #618 on: September 05, 2012, 06:03:50 PM »

in the 70s i used to be a keegan fan living up here i didnt get to see any football apart from lossiemouth (which is why i hate elgin city as they were our local rivals) so i didnt really follow anyone but loved scunthorpe due to them being keegans first team when keegan moved to southampton around the time i started secondary school i choose southampton as my big team from south of the border and started traveling too see aberdeen but still followed scunny it was only after my accident did the fact they were called the irons come to give me a 2nd reason for supporting them was quite funny a cpl of season back when the irons were my big team and the saints were below them, i have managed them to the ECL final from league two (runners up i am afraid) in an old edition of Football manager

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #619 on: September 05, 2012, 06:05:45 PM »

Maybe the day to walk away from poker is drawing close Wink

i am never going to walk away from poker (even if i could) its something i can compete on a level footing (no pun intended) with everyone else and although i will never be a world beaater i am a plucky amateur

strak33

View Profile
« Reply #620 on: September 05, 2012, 07:00:26 PM »

Herbie at the next DTD 500 in this?

http://www.woodhouseclothing.com/acatalog/CP_Company_Caps_&_hats_cp90417001288895.html
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #621 on: September 05, 2012, 07:04:03 PM »

He'll still be the guy in the bright hoodie

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #622 on: September 05, 2012, 07:04:22 PM »

Scunthorpe are called the Iron but everyone thinks it is the irons. My dad was born and bred in Scunthorpe although he did join the army / boys service at a ridic young age. He attended Doncaster Road Boys school along with Tony Jacklin. The Old Show Ground was on Donny Road and this is where keegan played for a few seasons before moving on to Liverpool. He of course was following the same path as Ray Clemence who had also started out with us. I actually got to see Keegan play for Hamburg in Junior school as part of a reward for winning an inter schools tournament. I wish I could find a picture in my football kit with the rest of the team. I still remember that teacher clear as day and it must be 34 years plus ago. Gonna search it out now Smiley

Is there such thing as the male menopause?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 07:35:23 PM by smashedagain » Logged

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #623 on: September 05, 2012, 07:14:01 PM »

Ha ha. I do actually have an awesome leather jacket made by CP company so you can imagine from the price of a balaclava how much it actually set me back. I think tighty caught me in it once when I called in to Dtd and may have also been sporting a bucket hat lol.

Amazing how things come back round. I have Fila, Tacchini and casual 80's stuff that I wear these days that I had similar pieces of 20-30 years ago. In the 90's it became all Paul smith n Ted Baker but I love the retro stuff. Going to school in Lyle n Scott or Pringle jumpers (could not get away with the Faldo ones tho), Farrah trousers with slits up them and Adidas shoes.... I have tried no end of times to find pictures of Adidas shoes but to no avail.

Yes I did have the silly wedge and then the perm at the back lol. Defo not got any pics of those hair cuts tho

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #624 on: September 05, 2012, 07:34:36 PM »

As I seem to be the butt of the Jokes with the RSQ crowd, it's a quiz where the idea is to give unique answers. I just remember a question they asked last year.  Name an item of clothing you would see worn at a football match. I answered CP company jacket and it was marked wrong.

Here are two of the answers I gave last night which I am particually proud of despite not being given as correct. Remember the idea is to come up with a unique answer nobody else has.

1. Name a GBR gold medalist at London 2012....... My answer  LORD COE

2. Name an oil used in cooking ..... My answer  TINF

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #625 on: September 05, 2012, 07:40:26 PM »

As I seem to be the butt of the Jokes with the RSQ crowd, it's a quiz where the idea is to give unique answers. I just remember a question they asked last year.  Name an item of clothing you would see worn at a football match. I answered CP company jacket and it was marked wrong.

Here are two of the answers I gave last night which I am particually proud of despite not being given as correct. Remember the idea is to come up with a unique answer nobody else has.

they gave you lord coe as correct and i was annoyed they they marked my cooking oil as wrong ffs what you fry your chips in cooking oil from aldi

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #626 on: September 05, 2012, 07:58:20 PM »

they gave you lord coe as correct and i was annoyed they they marked my cooking oil as wrong ffs what you fry your chips in cooking oil from aldi
Yes I agreed. They can be quite harsh with the marking Smiley

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #627 on: September 05, 2012, 09:13:00 PM »

Best diary on blonde IMO
craigbetts

View Profile
« Reply #628 on: September 05, 2012, 10:23:46 PM »

Diary is picking up with talk of terrace fashion from the 80's, fila, tachini(SP), Farah and old skool adidas trainers are all fair game now. Music of this era was pretty red hot as well, add in italia 90.... please transport me back to these fun filled times.

"We're not here to take part, we're here to take over"
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #629 on: September 05, 2012, 10:29:30 PM »

But you two are both old too Smiley

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 ... 62 Go Up Print