blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 06:54:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272676 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16724 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Couple of interesting hands
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Couple of interesting hands  (Read 2093 times)
shipitgood

View Profile
« on: December 05, 2014, 02:17:36 AM »

Hand 1: 20nl.

We have   OTB (£40)

UTG+1 (£40) 3 xes, we bet to £2.20. BB (£8.36) calls, bit annoying!, UTG + 1 calls.

Flop;     three clubs   (£6.70)

Checks round. Didn't really like continuation betting with shortie in there.

Turn;  

BB Chek, UTG + 1 bets £3.80. We call?? Shortie folds.

Pot £14.30

**Raising here? Thoughts on raising turn versus calling?

River  .

Villian bets £7.15.

I don't know much about the player - they are not a cash player as far as i'm aware. They play a lot of MTT's and are a winning player.

They could have 77 or JQ here, I think they have more 77's than JQ's though, where as I have a lot more JQ's here.

I don't think they play either of these hands (bet sizing etc) the way they have played the hand.

I overbet jam the river, they fold.

Hand 2 - Thoughts on bet sizing Flop and Turn? -50nl hand- We have £105 at the start of the hand.

We have  in the SB

UTG 3 xes to £1.50

UTG Calls, we call, BB folds - pot; £5

Flop;    two spades

UTG bets £2.50, UTG+1 folds, we raise to £6.50, prob 2 small?

Turn; 

We bet £8.50, Call.

River, 

We bet £32.50, he raises.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 02:31:51 AM by shipitgood » Logged
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 07:54:44 PM »

Hand 1, ive been looking for a few times and still trying to get my head around it. Dont like the 3 bet, probably just fold. competant player as you think opens UTG, K9 just gets us into so many bad spots. We are often dominated by his opening range, and any straights we hit also make AK the nut straight.
By the river we literally rep nothing by check jamming, like dont now what we can have? We cbet all over pairs and flopped sets, and when we check call turn, can we ever have a 7? Dont think we can get anything to fold the river at all v someone half decent.

Hand 2 seems standard, apart from the river sizing? Looks like its a pot size bet yeah? Seems huge to me, but i dont play loads of cash. Betting so big means he will fold out any marginal hands that we might get to call. Obviously loving he raises but i think, id be better more 50% pot on the river.

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
WotRTheChances
MinRaiseFTW, WotRTheChances, Quelles_Sont

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2014, 08:41:39 PM »

Hand 1 - not huge fan of the 3-bet, i'd probably do it some amount of the time though and it's not too bad a hand to choose, assuming we aren't going to peel btn in this spot, which i'd certainly do vs a number of players if i don't think they're really good.
Even so i don't like the sizing, maybe it's just me, but so many people make it like 3x-4x (sometimes even bigger, as a default) in position. I'm way happier just going like 0.60 -> 1.50 or 1.65 or something in that range, it just fits in a lot better with my overall strategy for 3-betting IP. I guess this is a 200bb spot, so i'd lean closer to 3x, maybe just exploitably make it bigger with big hands against people who aren't going to expolit that.

Anyway, i like the check back on flop, like the just call OTT. Pretty much hate the river jam, basically repping nothing and villain can have alll the good hands.

Hand 2 i just fold pre, UTG opening and UTG1 flatting, both will have pretttty strong ranges, not like 45s flops incredibly on the whole and we're OOP not closing the action pre.

Obv flop is incredible though, raise is fine, would probs make it 7-8, but not a huge deal. I'd bet a little more ott and little smaller otr, but big otr is the way i'd go
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2014, 10:22:23 PM »

Hand 1 - definitely fold pre. You should be 3bing a tight range against an early position opener, and a hand like this is basically so bad that it doesn't make sense as a hand to 3b for balance purposes when there are so many better ones to choose. Like the flop check, like the turn call, really don't know why we're jamming river for the same reasons as thigh said. I don't think we really rep that much and I think villain can have basically everything. I'd be making it around 3x pre as a 3b too.

Hand 2 - This is a fold pre, and it's nowhere near close. 45 looks pretty, but it really is a rubbish hand to be playing oop against two supposedly strong ranges, so again I agree with thigh. As played, I'd raise flop to more, bet more on the turn, and bet less on the river.

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2014, 09:27:15 PM »

Hand 2 - This is a fold pre, and it's nowhere near close.

I'd fold. But it definitely is close.
KingPush

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2014, 09:43:26 PM »

Hand 1- fold preso as played never raising river unless you have a read just cis we block diamonds. People shouldn't really be bluffing here either.

Hand 2- fold pre. As played I like check call turn check raise river unless you're OK with bet calling turn. Shoving river as played.
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2014, 07:09:29 PM »

Cheers everyone.

There was a post by lambert180 a while back, and most people were saying to call the turn (when a flush draw) came in.

It's really interesting most people want to call the turn> Raising.

The turn card was just so good for us to raise / and jam most rivers for value / as a bluff.

shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2014, 07:19:01 PM »

I suppose raising the turn does look a bit FOS after checking the flop.
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2014, 09:24:19 PM »

What hand do you 3b pre, check the flop, and then raise the turn with for value?

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: