blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 14, 2024, 07:08:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272679 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16724 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  WRRU's RSQ
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WRRU's RSQ  (Read 14771 times)
willrobrobu

View Profile
« on: July 04, 2014, 10:31:41 AM »

The reveal will take place in about a week, either side of world cup final, so will make deadline a week today friday 11th july at midnight . i've never done one of these before so comments on any of the questions being terrible will be listened to...i tried to include a mixture of luck and skill. one or two slightly tougher q's but you can always pass one of them. i hope everyone can name at least one guillermo del toro film!

Ruleses

Your score is the number of people who give the same correct answer. The answer most commonly given is called the sheep, with the corresponding sheep score.

You are not allowed to do research such as using Google to come up with answers except for question 10, and you are not allowed to ask others for help with your answers.

If you give an incorrect answer, you will receive the sheep score + 5 points

You MUST pass on one, and only one, question and you will receive a score of 0 for that question.

answers in a PM to me please

1. scotland is a nice place, i went there for christmas. name a team that competed in the 2012-2013 scottish premier league

2. i’m crap at them, but mixed games are fun. name a game type included in the wsop ten game mixed event

3. name a past or present member of the rolling stones

4. i recently went on a cycling holiday around brittany. lots more people will be wearing lycra too soon in the tour de france. name a winner of the tour de france

5. rank these four men in terms of idiocy, with 1 being the most idiotic:
ashley cole, george bush, adolf hitler, homer simpson

6. i’m thinking of heading from bristol to cardiff for the gukpt later today. cardiff is a welsh city. name a welsh city…

7. name a film that imdb lists guillermo del toro with a writing or directing credit

8. name one of the top ten most watched one-off events on bbc/itv (not regular tv programmes but ‘world events’). my source for this is final, other sources will be ignored

9. in anticipation of the wsop main event, name a pocket pair that has been the ultimate winning hand in said main event

10. rank these four women in order of attractiveness, with 1 being the most attractive (google permitted):
audrey tautou, ophelia lovibond, carrie brownstein, ann widdecombe
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2014, 10:37:59 AM »

Question 5 is an interesting spin
Redsgirl

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2014, 10:39:09 AM »

Are you on drugs?

If a man speaks in a forest and no woman is there to hear him, is he still wrong?
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2014, 10:39:21 AM »

And I see you liked that spin so much you threw question 10 in too.

In general, it looks ok, in comparison.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2014, 10:46:00 AM »

lol

good effort, well done

on Q5 and Q10 we are meant to choose an order of idiocy and attractiveness that no one else chooses then?

by doing so we'd then get the least points

so really you might as well just give us 4 numbers and ask us to put them in an order 1,2,3,4 or whatever

it doesn't matter what we think, which is what i think you would like to hear....

the subject you choose is irrelevant, isn't it?

this is why these type of questions aren't used in an RSQ

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2014, 10:50:19 AM »

lol

good effort, well done

on Q5 and Q10 we are meant to choose an order of idiocy and attractiveness that no one else chooses then?

so really you might as well just give us 4 numbers and ask us to put them in an order 1,2,3,4 or whatever

it doesn't matter what we think, which is what i think you would like to hear....

It was too early for me to type this, but it's what I meant
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2014, 10:51:18 AM »

Question 9.

Would it be better to name a winning hand from the Main event? Rather than a pair??

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2014, 10:56:49 AM »

could you also name the source for Q8 please? (standard to do so)

this often gives an entrant a flavour of the type of answer that might be required

for example...if your source is the Sunday sport, fine but is rather different than if you say the source is the Economist. The milieu is important

(yes, i put far too much thought into these things)

My eyes are open wide
willrobrobu

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2014, 11:01:38 AM »

lol

good effort, well done

agreed q5 and 10 are largely random although there will be a degree of levelling one another. did say at the start mix of luck and skill. can change these or one of them at least if there are objections?
willrobrobu

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2014, 11:01:59 AM »

Are you on drugs?

yes actually
willrobrobu

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2014, 11:02:35 AM »

Question 9.

Would it be better to name a winning hand from the Main event? Rather than a pair??

why?
willrobrobu

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2014, 11:06:03 AM »

could you also name the source for Q8 please? (standard to do so)

this often gives an entrant a flavour of the type of answer that might be required

for example...if your source is the Sunday sport, fine but is rather different than if you say the source is the Economist. The milieu is important

(yes, i put far too much thought into these things)

source is BARB and collated elsewhere. didnt want to say exact source as felt it would give googlers an unfair advantage
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2014, 11:06:33 AM »

lol

good effort, well done

agreed q5 and 10 are largely random although there will be a degree of levelling one another. did say at the start mix of luck and skill. can change these or one of them at least if there are objections?

i don't think you should change any questions. we can enter, or not, play the hand we are dealt.

just giving some feedback as to the difficulties the questions pose within an RSQ

i always fancied Widdicombe anyway, now i have the perfect vehicle to admit it and get away with it.

My eyes are open wide
willrobrobu

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2014, 11:15:48 AM »

lol

good effort, well done

i don't think you should change any questions. we can enter, or not, play the hand we are dealt.

just giving some feedback as to the difficulties the questions pose within an RSQ

i always fancied Widdicombe anyway, now i have the perfect vehicle to admit it and get away with it.

i looked at some reverse sheep quizzes on other forums and they were almost all random like, 'pick a colour of the rainbow' :p but yeah in hindsight i'd take those out for next time.  there are enough combos that there should be a lot of aces anyway and it shouldnt affect things too much unless someone gets v unlucky. to add a twist for 5+ 10 if anyone gets theirs in the same order as my personal picks they get MINUS 1pt
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2014, 11:17:54 AM »

Question 9.

why?

Because theres more of them?

Ill still enter anyway Smiley

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: