blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 10:12:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272678 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16724 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Would you trust a jury with your life?
Poll
Question: Well...
Yes - 9 (31%)
No - 20 (69%)
Total Voters: 29

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Would you trust a jury with your life?  (Read 6379 times)
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2016, 02:34:45 PM »

I voted no but fuck it I'd gamble in this case. If my life circumstances changed and it was even slightly riskier I'd be out.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2016, 02:35:58 PM »

I'd do it and pay whatever it cost for the absolute best defence lawyer money can buy.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2016, 02:39:03 PM »

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/apr/28/death-penalty-study-4-percent-defendants-innocent

The older I get, the better I was.
AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2016, 02:39:35 PM »

I'd do it and pay whatever it cost for the absolute best defence lawyer money can buy.

In all seriousness if this was a murder case that could end up costing more than £1m
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2016, 02:42:30 PM »

Most people would have to run ridiculously bad to not have an alibi with at least one witness.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2016, 02:44:45 PM »

Most people would have to run ridiculously bad to not have an alibi with at least one witness.

Given this and DNA evidence which is surely left at virtually all murder scenes you must be a huge price to be convicted.  Then you got the 2nd out of an appeal.  I would be in balls deep for a millball.

I would rather die than serve a proper life sentence behind bars though so would be less likely to do it if it involved a life in prisonment.  I wouldn't want that downside of the gamble.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2016, 02:49:53 PM by arbboy » Logged
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2016, 02:53:02 PM »

Given this and DNA evidence which is surely left at virtually all murder scenes you must be a huge price to be convicted.  Then you got the 2nd out of an appeal.  I would be in balls deep for a millball.

I would rather die than serve a proper life sentence behind bars though so would be less likely to do it if it involved a life in prisonment.  I wouldn't want that downside of the gamble.

So virtually no chance of it happening, but you won't risk it?

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2016, 02:53:43 PM »

My lifestyle is worth more than 1 million you couldn't lock me away for 5 years for a million never mind the rest of my naturel

No dancing no women no booze no poker friends and family on ration
A week in hospital has me climbing walls
You can stick you million where sun don't shine

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2016, 03:03:50 PM »

I would rather die than serve a proper life sentence behind bars though so would be less likely to do it if it involved a life in prisonment.  I wouldn't want that downside of the gamble.

Correct a 1% chance of being locked up for 50 years potentially in a prison and dying there is not worth the upside of £1m imo of course.  I personally would be willing to do it if i suffered the death penalty instead.  Much less suffering than a 50 year prison term with no chance of release.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2016, 03:10:22 PM »

I would rather die than serve a proper life sentence behind bars though so would be less likely to do it if it involved a life in prisonment.  I wouldn't want that downside of the gamble.

Correct a 1% chance of being locked up for 50 years potentially in a prison and dying there is not worth the upside of £1m imo of course.  I personally would be willing to do it if i suffered the death penalty instead.  Much less suffering than a 50 year prison term with no chance of release.

But a 1 in 100 chance of dying is fine?

Would a million make your life 100 times better?

POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2016, 03:14:10 PM »

EV wise we're serving 6 months in prison for £990,000
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2016, 03:19:05 PM »

I have no wife/kids to think about and i would be willing to take that gamble for £1m.  I don't expect most people would agree with me.  I couldn't think of anything worse in the world than being stuck in a prison for the rest of my life knowing i can never get out.  I would 1000% rather die.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2016, 03:21:22 PM »

I have no wife/kids to think about and i would be willing to take that gamble for £1m.  I don't expect most people would agree with me.  I couldn't think of anything worse in the world than being stuck in a prison for the rest of my life knowing i can never get out.  I would 1000% rather die.

So would a million make your life 100 times better?

RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2016, 03:23:06 PM »

^^^^^^^^
Sounds argumentative, but just chewing the fat, honest.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2016, 03:24:08 PM »

So would a million make your life 100 times better?

Your maths is off, if it is 1 in a 100, so 1 million would need to be more than 1% better.  I do think 1 in 100 is too high with no evidence and no previous in a UK court

You not answering the question at the top then?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: