blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 05:19:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272684 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 ... 164 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Noisy Neighbours - the Man City thread  (Read 404757 times)
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #675 on: May 30, 2016, 10:20:38 PM »

Yeah maybe true about Kolorov

What was you're opinion on Sergio Aguero this season I felt he lost a bit of his spark, I know he scored plenty still but I thought his demeanour changed and he looked a bit isolated at times, even more so when KDB was out
Before he always played with a smile on his face,this season he showed more frustration I thought?

Cuts a lonely figure at times and maybe feels the weight of the team on his shoulders, but in general another good season. Keeping him fit is the only issue; if he played 90% of the games he'd get 40 goals every year he's that good. Constant niggles are gonna knock 3 years off his career sadly, won't see him playing into his mid 30's IMO.

Get him in your fantasy football teams again next season!

Best Bitter.
Sportshead

View Profile
« Reply #676 on: May 30, 2016, 10:40:12 PM »

100% agree still the best finisher in the PL
I kind of expect Pep to really help him progress and his link up with KDB ( who should also be in your Fantasy 11)
will only get better
flushthemout

View Profile
« Reply #677 on: May 30, 2016, 11:13:33 PM »

Sergio Defo needs a helping hand up front, would love to see a top signing but not sure Pogba or Ibra are the right fit. Can KDB give us  20 goals next season in PL?

Your only on this Planet once.......... so enjoy
Sportshead

View Profile
« Reply #678 on: May 30, 2016, 11:22:42 PM »

Definitely need someone to take pressure off him
I know I would be in the minority but think Dzeko was a big miss this season
KDB will be the player to build the side around think he is an unbelievable talent for his age
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #679 on: May 31, 2016, 12:13:01 AM »

Definitely need someone to take pressure off him
I know I would be in the minority but think Dzeko was a big miss this season
KDB will be the player to build the side around think he is an unbelievable talent for his age

It's a tricky position because you need a player good enough to step up when required, but who realises they ain't gonna play when Sergio is fit. Dzeko couldn't do it (enough quality but didn't wanna play second fiddle) Bony can't do it (not enough quality). We often just play one up front so this only exacerbates the 'problem'. I'd snap up Akinfenwa on a free transfer.

KDB might be the solution; play him down the middle, just in behind Aguero, where he is the biggest threat. He has a great cross on him but think he's a little wasted on the wings. He has all the attributes to become a true great in the game, and think he's good for 15+ goals plus many many assists if he's used correctly.

Should be the first player in everyone's fantasy football team next season Smiley

Best Bitter.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #680 on: May 31, 2016, 10:58:59 PM »

What was you're opinion on Sergio Aguero this season I felt he lost a bit of his spark, I know he scored plenty still but I thought his demeanour changed and he looked a bit isolated at times, even more so when KDB was out
Before he always played with a smile on his face,this season he showed more frustration I thought?

Cuts a lonely figure at times and maybe feels the weight of the team on his shoulders, but in general another good season. Keeping him fit is the only issue; if he played 90% of the games he'd get 40 goals every year he's that good. Constant niggles are gonna knock 3 years off his career sadly, won't see him playing into his mid 30's IMO.

I'm with you this. 40 goals might be pushing it mind. It's not La Liga..

I wouldn’t say he has lost his spark but yes to frustration. Frustration with his body, frustration at missing chances, frustration at being isolated, frustrated with the team who have often been inept, frustration at the system, frustration with referees. He is an integral part of Pep’s plans (Aguero has apparently signed a new contract) and hopefully some of those frustrations will disappear next year with Pep and the best in the league gets better still.

On the face of it the season was a hard one for him, didn’t always look at his best, but yet again a consummate success with a strike rate of a goal for less than every 100 minutes played for the 3rd season in a row. To put the magnitude of that into perspective, it has only been achieved by other strikers 6 times in Premier League history (based on 15+ goals in a season).

He has the best strike rate in Premier League history and the gap between him and 2nd place (Thierry Henry) continues to widen. If he played every minute of every game next season and didn’t score a single goal he’d still be in the top 10. Amazing.

Genius.

Archer

View Profile
« Reply #681 on: May 31, 2016, 11:07:53 PM »

Sergio Defo needs a helping hand up front, would love to see a top signing but not sure Pogba or Ibra are the right fit. Can KDB give us  20 goals next season in PL?

50/50 for Pogba apparently and I'd love to get him. Ibra certainly not the right fit and zero chance City will  be in for him.

I know you don't rate Sterling but bearing mind he is a Pep signing I can't wait to see how he progresses next year and whether that translates into goals as well. Likewise, hopefully see Iheanacho develop into a world class player. We'll get away with KDB just getting the 15 goals then...

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #682 on: June 01, 2016, 01:11:16 AM »

I wouldn’t say he has lost his spark but yes to frustration. Frustration with his body, frustration at missing chances, frustration at being isolated, frustrated with the team who have often been inept, frustration at the system, frustration with referees. He is an integral part of Pep’s plans (Aguero has apparently signed a new contract) and hopefully some of those frustrations will disappear next year with Pep and the best in the league gets better still.

On the face of it the season was a hard one for him, didn’t always look at his best, but yet again a consummate success with a strike rate of a goal for less than every 100 minutes played for the 3rd season in a row. To put the magnitude of that into perspective, it has only been achieved by other strikers 6 times in Premier League history (based on 15+ goals in a season).

He has the best strike rate in Premier League history and the gap between him and 2nd place (Thierry Henry) continues to widen. If he played every minute of every game next season and didn’t score a single goal he’d still be in the top 10. Amazing.

Genius.

Based on all competitions Wink

You can see he has such high expectations of himself, so when he misses a chance he perhaps doesn't brush it off as quickly as he should. He is also continually shafted by referees week in week out and also regularly gets the fuck kicked out of him by cavemen defenders who are simply unable to stop him within the laws of the game.

The best striker to ever grace the Premier League, and we are very lucky to call him our own. Put him down for another 25 goals next season.

Best Bitter.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #683 on: June 01, 2016, 08:06:09 AM »

Genius.

You can see he has such high expectations of himself, so when he misses a chance he perhaps doesn't brush it off as quickly as he should. He is also continually shafted by referees week in week out and also regularly gets the fuck kicked out of him by cavemen defenders who are simply unable to stop him within the laws of the game.

The best striker to ever grace the Premier League, and we are very lucky to call him our own. Put him down for another 25 goals next season.

Really? God knows I didn't like any of them, but Shearer, Suarez, Henry are all in front of Augero in terms of quality and impact.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #684 on: June 01, 2016, 12:38:15 PM »

Genius.

Really? God knows I didn't like any of them, but Shearer, Suarez, Henry are all in front of Augero in terms of quality and impact.

Yes really.

Best Bitter.
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #685 on: June 01, 2016, 02:18:04 PM »

Genius.

Indisputably Aguero is the deadliest striker in Premier League history. Simply he scores more frequently than any other player. His strike rate based on goals per minutes played is the best by some distance. Does that mean he is the “best” striker? It does in my eyes but I accept this is more subjective and particularly when you are comparing players from 3 different periods in the PL era. However, if anything, the 3 players you mention highlight how staggeringly good Aguero’s numbers have been.

Shearer scored lots and lots of PL goals over a prolonged period of 13 seasons in total and is miles ahead at the top all-time scorer chart. In that respect he is a legend.  He was at his most proficient in the 1st 5 seasons of the PL with Blackburn and Newcastle who were both top sides at the time. This was 25 years ago from 1992-1997. The PL landscape was different then and the quality not as high as now because it was mainly British players only.  Yet, in not one of those 5 seasons did Shearer better a strike rate of less than a goal per 100 minutes played. By comparison Aguero has achieved that landmark in each of the last 3 seasons and with less penalties than Shearer.

Aguero and Suarez are directly comparable.  Suarez has 26 assists and 69 goals from 9576 minutes in the PL. By comparison Aguero has 29 assists and 102 goals from 10993 minutes. Aguero’s stats are much, much better. If Suarez ever returned to the PL and made up those minutes he would have to score at over 2 goals per game to match Aguero’s strike rate.

Suarez has just had a brilliant season at Barcelona and he has now played 5419 minutes in La Liga over the last 2 seasons and scored 56 goals.  Over the same time-scale, Aguero has played 4915 minutes in the PL and scored 50 goals. Aguero isn’t playing with Messi and the bottom half of La Liga is weak.

Then there is Thierry Henry who is my historic favourite non-City PL player.  Henry is obviously total quality and his record in his best goal scoring years from 01/02 to 05/06 was extraordinary and he netted 130 times in those 5 seasons in isolation. Yet, his strike rate overall is not as good as Aguero’s…. You can, however, chuck in far more assists with Henry.  So, very close between them and let’s see what another 3 seasons under Pep brings Aguero….
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #686 on: June 01, 2016, 02:24:55 PM »

suarez was in a shit side
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #687 on: June 01, 2016, 08:19:24 PM »

<3 Archer. I wish I could be as detailed as you in my posts Smiley

We differ on Henry though! He was an immense talent, but I couldn't stand the guy. Just really disliked him and I'm not sure why. Bergkamp on the other hand; far and away my favourite none City player to have played in the PL over the years. That goal against Newcastle I could watch on a loop for hours and still never understand how he did it.

Suarez was indeed in a decent but not outstanding team, but you could easily say the same about Aguero sometimes! And I don't really consider Henry an out and out striker. Shearer obviously runs Serg close due to the sheer number of goals he netted, but as said different era's and arguably the Premier League today is much stronger than it was 10/15/20 years ago.

Any PL fantasy XI would simply have to have Aguero up front. Who partners him, if anyone, is very much open for debate, but the most lethal finisher the league has ever seen deserves his berth.

Best Bitter.
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #688 on: June 01, 2016, 08:53:47 PM »

Suarez has 26 assists and 69 goals from 9576 minutes in the PL. By comparison Aguero has 29 assists and 102 goals from 10993 minutes.

Suarez didn't take penalties. What are the stats like if we take out Aguero's?

Archer

View Profile
« Reply #689 on: June 01, 2016, 11:57:42 PM »

suarez was in a shit side

Fair point  but  in his first 1 1/2 seasons with Liverpool he was poor relative to all strikers in the league whether they played in good or bad teams. For example in 11/12 there were 17 players who scored more than he did and he was about 30th on strike rate.

Poor start to his Barcelona career as well  regarding goals albeit he was mainly playing wide.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 ... 164 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: