blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 12, 2024, 11:44:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272676 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16724 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Mantis and James "Mfckin" Keys
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Mantis and James "Mfckin" Keys  (Read 37454 times)
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #270 on: August 06, 2010, 02:58:02 PM »

fwiw iv always thought mantis's strategy posts were different and enlightening. Much the same as i find Keys's posts generally technically spoton, tightends of the conservative viewpoint and dubai's at a higher level than anyone he will probably ever face off on the felt. Poker is NOT chess, its the variety of lines/villains/situations etc that make the game so fun and addictive. and LOL at dumb threats that were made and stupidly rude comments, stop waving your cocks about and get along.

Wanna fight?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 06, 2010, 03:53:32 PM »

FFS guys give it a fecking rest Lips Sealed
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #272 on: August 06, 2010, 04:10:22 PM »

You said "2 posts ever", I counted 11 in the last month, it's not exactly close, however I really am beyond caring now. If we meet in real life and you ask me to repeat my assertion that you are argumentative and you talk bollocks on PHA, I will. React to that however you like. Maybe we could even play some poker!

To make you aware of the final count. I've commented on 538 threads - 525 tournament threads and 13 cash threads. So about 2% of my comments are about cash games. I think it’s reasonable for me to say I don't comment on cash very often. And I think it's especially reasonable for me to say that when I'm negotiating a challenge. You on the other hand think it's reasonable to call me a liar and suggest I’m deceiving people during those negotiations. On a forum I've been posting on for 3 yrs. Good luck trying to find an argument in 2% that justifies you doing that. Mostly all my posts were positive and constructive as well. Overall I'm pretty sure my contribution doesn't warrant being told to fuck off the forum by a professional player who invests far more time into the game than I do. But you stick to your guns big man.

WOW. I have to admire your dedication Mantis. However, I hate to break it to you but you've made a basic yet very common error, the statistic you have come up with there is meaningless without knowledge of the underlying population from which you are drawing the data. It's like the problem of the HIV test: A new test on the market is 95% accurate if a patient has HIV and 90% accurate if they don't. If a patient takes the test and it returns positive, what is the probability that they have HIV? I think something like 80% of 1st year university maths students get this question wrong. It is, of course, a trick question, there is not enough information in the question for you to be able to answer it. If I add that 1% of the population being tested has HIV, then you should be able to come up with an answer.

In this case, we need to know the proportion of cash threads to tournament threads. If that doesn't make sense to you, imagine if there were only 13 cash threads and 525 tournament threads, then your data would show that you are equally likely to respond to either. In fact, if there were 1050 tournament threads and only 13 cash threads, you would statistically be twice as likely to comment on a cash thread as a tourney thread, despite only making 2% of your posts in cash threads. But enough about statistics and probabilities, let's talk about facts. The fact is you said in this thread: "I hardly ever post on cash", the jist of it being that you don't pretend to know all that much about cash poker. However, the truth is you had recently made 4 very authoritative posts in my thread about a hand of heads up cash holdem, making the letter AND spirit of what you said untrue. All you have proved with your last post is the extraordinary lengths you will go to to avoid admitting that you are wrong.

So, I will make you a deal Mantis. If you can find in those 538 threads a single post where you say "I'm sorry, I made a mistake" or "OK, I guess I was wrong" then I will make you an apology. Howzat?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Irrationality-Stuart-Sutherland/dp/1905177070

That's a really good book that covers a lot of ways people behave irrationally, especially where statistics are concerned.  Highly recommend it.

It's a better read than the bulk of this thread.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
TightPaulFolds

Not a moderator in any fashion whatsoever

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 06, 2010, 04:48:48 PM »

Would be incred if Mantis and Cos played HU in DTD or something and loads of peeps watched in awe as Mantis took Cos apart using an unorthodox and unconventional stlye of poker that all made us question our own games.

+1

Would look something like this, I imagine

Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 06, 2010, 05:10:21 PM »

All you have proved with your last post is the extraordinary lengths you will go to

Mr Kettle is holding for you on line 1.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 06, 2010, 06:11:28 PM »

You said "2 posts ever", I counted 11 in the last month, it's not exactly close, however I really am beyond caring now. If we meet in real life and you ask me to repeat my assertion that you are argumentative and you talk bollocks on PHA, I will. React to that however you like. Maybe we could even play some poker!

To make you aware of the final count. I've commented on 538 threads - 525 tournament threads and 13 cash threads. So about 2% of my comments are about cash games. I think it’s reasonable for me to say I don't comment on cash very often. And I think it's especially reasonable for me to say that when I'm negotiating a challenge. You on the other hand think it's reasonable to call me a liar and suggest I’m deceiving people during those negotiations. On a forum I've been posting on for 3 yrs. Good luck trying to find an argument in 2% that justifies you doing that. Mostly all my posts were positive and constructive as well. Overall I'm pretty sure my contribution doesn't warrant being told to fuck off the forum by a professional player who invests far more time into the game than I do. But you stick to your guns big man.

WOW. I have to admire your dedication Mantis. However, I hate to break it to you but you've made a basic yet very common error, the statistic you have come up with there is meaningless without knowledge of the underlying population from which you are drawing the data. It's like the problem of the HIV test: A new test on the market is 95% accurate if a patient has HIV and 90% accurate if they don't. If a patient takes the test and it returns positive, what is the probability that they have HIV? I think something like 80% of 1st year university maths students get this question wrong. It is, of course, a trick question, there is not enough information in the question for you to be able to answer it. If I add that 1% of the population being tested has HIV, then you should be able to come up with an answer.

In this case, we need to know the proportion of cash threads to tournament threads. If that doesn't make sense to you, imagine if there were only 13 cash threads and 525 tournament threads, then your data would show that you are equally likely to respond to either. In fact, if there were 1050 tournament threads and only 13 cash threads, you would statistically be twice as likely to comment on a cash thread as a tourney thread, despite only making 2% of your posts in cash threads. But enough about statistics and probabilities, let's talk about facts. The fact is you said in this thread: "I hardly ever post on cash", the jist of it being that you don't pretend to know all that much about cash poker. However, the truth is you had recently made 4 very authoritative posts in my thread about a hand of heads up cash holdem, making the letter AND spirit of what you said untrue. All you have proved with your last post is the extraordinary lengths you will go to to avoid admitting that you are wrong.

So, I will make you a deal Mantis. If you can find in those 538 threads a single post where you say "I'm sorry, I made a mistake" or "OK, I guess I was wrong" then I will make you an apology. Howzat?

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=40762.45

In this thread I propose my strat. Tank proposes a better one. I agree his strat is better than mine. A thoroughly positive thread as well as Tank didn't seek to ridicule somebody he thought was wrong. Obviously though we would need to discover the number of times I have actually made "mistakes" in those 538 threads to identify how often I concede them. Without those statistics I could be conceding mistakes 100% of the time. But anyway, in your own time son....

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 06, 2010, 06:51:10 PM »

Thanks to both of you, for helping me look a bit better now. lol

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
Tractor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #277 on: August 06, 2010, 06:57:56 PM »

http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=Mantis&word2=James+Keys

Can i please ask where most of you purchase your crack from?

Dapper Street Menswear
TightPaulFolds

Not a moderator in any fashion whatsoever

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 06, 2010, 08:04:00 PM »

http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=horse-sized+duck&word2=100+duck-sized+horses
NigDawG

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 07, 2010, 01:26:33 AM »

fyp

(obv strength in numbers i guess)

Christopher Brammer
NigDawG

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 07, 2010, 01:28:05 AM »

wait wtf the graphic just randomly changes with each click?

Christopher Brammer
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: May 18, 2012, 09:23:44 PM »

Aaron itt pls

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: May 18, 2012, 09:39:56 PM »