blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 20, 2024, 02:34:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272697 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16948 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Broadband
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Broadband  (Read 3348 times)
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2006, 01:34:30 PM »

Eck

My Sky+ box seems to be slowly getting more and more unreliable. I rang sky and was told it will be £60 to send out an engineer.

I have read that you can get the engineer out for free if you say you want to cancel but it means being put through to the cancelations dept and going through it all again.

I also heard that if I read up on the sale of goods act or something and start quoting about how products are meant to last a reasonable amount of time I can get a free engineer.

All the engineer does I have heard is bring out a reconditioned Sky box and plug that in.

Is there anyway I can get this sorted without having to go through all the hassle of either learning about the law or lying about wanting to cancel?

Many thanks
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2006, 01:52:45 PM »

I was told 2-3 months before Yorkshire had the 16meg unlimted broadband service.
Eck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2006, 01:55:14 PM »

Eck

My Sky+ box seems to be slowly getting more and more unreliable. I rang sky and was told it will be £60 to send out an engineer.

I have read that you can get the engineer out for free if you say you want to cancel but it means being put through to the cancelations dept and going through it all again.

I also heard that if I read up on the sale of goods act or something and start quoting about how products are meant to last a reasonable amount of time I can get a free engineer.

All the engineer does I have heard is bring out a reconditioned Sky box and plug that in.

Is there anyway I can get this sorted without having to go through all the hassle of either learning about the law or lying about wanting to cancel?

Many thanks

I Fecking knew it was a bad idea to admit i work for Sky!!! I'm a bloody accountant not customer service, lol.

As for your question Byron I know it is a piece of nonsense but that is the process i am afraid. If you want to avoid the service charge it has been done by that way in the past seemingly! (You trying to get me the sack? Didn't work for me I had to pay service charge when mine went phhht and yes they replaced the box) Now i am off to hide my e-mail details!

Judge: They will sell you a wireless card and i believe they cost about £15.
_JUDGE_
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2006, 02:00:07 PM »

ty Eck , Ive signed up and waiting for them to contact me , your a star......Judge thumbs up
I, Zimbra
Fallen Astronaut

"the wind in my heart, the dust in my head"

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2006, 10:25:47 PM »

Bumpedy Bump.

Anyone connected yet? If so, how is it? What was the process?

gadji beri bimba clandridi
lauli lonni cadori gadjam
a bim beri glassala glandride
e glassala tuffm i zimbra
Nem

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2006, 11:24:14 PM »

Bumpedy Bump.

Anyone connected yet? If so, how is it? What was the process?

How is Freedom2surf?
SupaMonkey

Allin!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 08, 2006, 12:58:06 AM »

https://www.bethere.co.uk/
I, Zimbra
Fallen Astronaut

"the wind in my heart, the dust in my head"

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2006, 01:50:24 AM »

My F2S 3 month contract is up; as I said earlier it is prone to moments of disconnectedness that I could do without.

Will switch, but I wanted to know if anyone had taken Sky's offer up yet.

£10/month for supposedly unlimited broadband looks good (if you're already a Sky Subscriber), except that the small print says the usual 'subject to FUP', tragically Sky have decided to not print actual details of what their Fair Usage Policy is. Anywhere. Or at least, I can't find it.

It doesn't exactly fill me with confidence, hence the question-begging bump of this thread.

gadji beri bimba clandridi
lauli lonni cadori gadjam
a bim beri glassala glandride
e glassala tuffm i zimbra
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: