blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 11:07:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272671 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  I QUIT
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: I QUIT  (Read 1872 times)
Yogi-Bear

View Profile WWW
« on: December 09, 2005, 04:56:16 PM »

Ok Guys and Gals.

After doing the last of my money in my last poker account, I'm finally quitting playing poker.

Not that I was any good, but at least I used to enjoy it. So this is my early New Years resolution.

Until my birthday next year, I'm gonna stop trying to play. I will still be on here though as poker is my job. Running comps obviously not playing it.

Yogi
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2005, 04:57:28 PM »

if thats right for you, good luck
byronkincaid

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2005, 05:07:14 PM »

when's your birthday, 5th Jan?
Rupert
:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2005, 05:29:32 PM »

I've also slowed down a bit in the run up to christmas

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2005, 05:31:27 PM »

yogi dont forget the blonde freeroll on tuesday

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2005, 05:38:09 PM »

Now you know how we poor buggers have to suffer

Good luck Yogi

The older I get, the better I was.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2005, 05:44:43 PM »

classic.

Sorry to hear that Yogi, if you want some tips....on running comps that is, you know where i am.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2005, 06:06:18 PM »

Do let us know what real life feels like. I've often wondered.

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
mikkyT

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2005, 06:41:47 PM »

Stole my thunder  Cheesy
M POWER
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2005, 12:08:40 AM »

Jogi

Good luck to you. For most of us it's hard trying to keep up with Jone'es regarding poker.
It would be nice if we all had plenty of cash to enter comps without the worry of family
commitments. I had one taste in Vegas with the poker people of the UK ,and I still think
about it daily it was a great experience. I love poker but I feel unless the focus is 100%
your dead money. I have played online for over 3years from the days of Hills and VC having
50 Players on line always with the same idea win £30-40 a day and thats £1k a month
and for 2 years that was great every month I got my cash and the wife does not need a job.
Since I qualified for the WSOP it's all gone to ratshit trying to get on the same gigs as the big
boys after having a taste of the poker high life.So since July i'm £18k the wrong  way trying to be
a poker superstar by playing beyond my bankroll. So I'm  with you i'll give it up. At the moment
I feel like jumping off a bridge but I reakon when the wife finds out she will throw me off.
So for now poker is history my main objevtive is to keep my wife and little girls and keep the house

Regards

John

Dingdell

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2005, 01:34:50 AM »

Blimey guys - I really applaud your honesty - not often poker players admit it when they are on the down side. It was interesting when DC admitted on poker425 that this year was a loosing year for him.

Those that are honest show great strength of character so good on you, family and home should be priorities and its so easy to get carried away with the 'glamour' of it all.

Good luck to everyone, whatever they choose to do.

Tracey
ifm
If you're not part of the solution, you're a solid or a gas. Jimmy Carr

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2005, 02:06:00 AM »

In fairness DC is so high profile everyone pretty much knew.
M Power, i commend you for the honesty, i just pray you have beaten the bug mate.
It's very easy to chase the high life, lets face it we would all do it but the truth is most of us have families and mortgages etc. we simply cannot "gamble" with what we have.
It's tough to beat a gambling habit but poker is easier because you can simply drop down the stakes.

Sometimes you have to suffer a little bit in your youth to motivate yourself to succeed in later life.
Do you think if Bill Gates got laid in high school, do you think there'd be a Microsoft?
Of course not.
thetank

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2005, 02:45:00 AM »

Good desicion M Power, commendable honesty.

I've had to downsize my ambitions, thankfully I'm roughly even when it comes to live tournaments but I have realised that I'll need to improve my game to play more of them on a regular basis.

Am 5k down from playing a certain 6 card omaha cash game. Haven't played it for weeks and don't intend to for months. Bloomin' card room manager at Cincci's keeps asking me why I'm not playing in it, and that i'll clean up etc. etc. which gets really annoying after a while. I feel like he's trying to sucker me in with playground psychology and am happy to say I've thus far managed to avoid the call of the 'big game'. I'm sticking to my guns and won't be in back there till my roll is twice the size it is now. Or at least that's the plan....

For super fun to exist, well defined parameters must exist for the super fun to exist within.
Cupcake

Schadenfreuden

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2005, 02:59:14 AM »

good luck,

Amazing honesty, most poker players would never admit to losing a single penny, we all think we are the b*llox and everybody else is below their magic standard.

Best of luck Yogi

Cupcake...
M3boy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2005, 11:39:27 AM »

MPower - Like the post m8 - Big up to ya!!

I have played many times with you on VC, and can even remember the 'good ole days' where only a handfull of us ever won the MTT's.

I can relate to your post entirely. I myself have been playing live tourneys (mainly big events) and it is VERY hard to downsize your game once you have had a taste of it. It is something I am struggling with at the moment, but isnt a huge problem just yet but will be if no cashes soon!

It is like drinking cheap wine and enjoying it,,, then having a taste of the good wine ,, then having to go back to the "cheap wine" which you did enjoy before.

I applaud you for your honesty, and wish you EVERY success m8, whatever you decide to do.

Regards
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: