blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 12:48:43 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272669 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Unreal - Playing footy in street now illegal
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Unreal - Playing footy in street now illegal  (Read 3859 times)
Acidmouse

View Profile
« on: August 25, 2009, 02:31:11 PM »

I live on a quiet street, there are 3-4 young kids (ages 6-10) who are virtually always out playing footy, tennis or on their little bikes. I have sometimes played with them for a kickabout and there fine, well behaved and really polite. Occasionally the ball goes into people's gardens and its not an issue, well all apart from one bitch who decided its WW3 if the ball goes on her property. She called the police as the ball went on her lawn, community policeman came and interviewed the kids and familys and then the young lady who complained.

Result is that no games are allowed on the quiet street. I am more than a fuked off this women who is in her twenties has ruined the fun for the kids in the street. What else are they going to do? stay inside play xbox360 24/7?

Is it really a law that can be inforced? what can they possibly do if the ball went in her garden again?
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 02:52:33 PM by kinboshi » Logged
mckelinho

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 02:51:22 PM »

I completely agree mate. Kids on my (quiet) street play footie all the time, hit the ball off my car (by mistake) etc but that doesnt bother me. I played footy on the streets when i was young and loved it.

kids should play footie in the street, old woman should be in homes
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 02:52:44 PM »

when I was a kid we moved to a house that had a nice green right outside. Was one of the reasons my parents chose it; somewhere for us to play, and there were lots of other kids around the same age as me and my brother.  We had a miserable bugger of a neighbour though, and it wasn't long before 'no ball games allowed' signs were put up.  He then got the arse when his dog ran out in front of one of the kids riding his bike and nearly got hit, and a couple of weeks later the old signs came down to be replaced with 'no ball games or cycling allowed'.

To this day I don't even know the neighbour's real name, everyone just called him 'grumpy'.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 02:52:52 PM »

Moved the thread for you thumbs up

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009, 02:53:43 PM »

when I was a kid we moved to a house that had a nice green right outside. Was one of the reasons my parents chose it; somewhere for us to play, and there were lots of other kids around the same age as me and my brother.  We had a miserable bugger of a neighbour though, and it wasn't long before 'no ball games allowed' signs were put up.  He then got the arse when his dog ran out in front of one of the kids riding his bike and nearly got hit, and a couple of weeks later the old signs came down to be replaced with 'no ball games or cycling allowed'.

To this day I don't even know the neighbour's real name, everyone just called him 'grumpy'.

Err - where was that, Claire?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2009, 02:54:35 PM »

Err - where was that, Claire?

You're safe. He was even older than you iirc.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2009, 02:55:39 PM »

Thanks!

The person who complained is a young women who inherited the house from her granny, she lives alone and parks her bloody mini right in the middle of the street so its a pain to get around sometimes. No idea what her problem is, but I am tempted to egg her house the bitch.
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2009, 03:02:41 PM »

natural justice will prevail when the kids go off the rails as they can't play footy and end up robbing her house

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2009, 03:05:56 PM »

Quote from: Highways Act 1980
161 (3) If a person plays at football or any other game on a highway to the annoyance of a user of the highway he is guilty of an offence and liable to a fine.

Of course, if the kids are under 10 years old, they can't be charged with any offence.
bolt pp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2009, 03:09:06 PM »

go play on the grass, it'll drive you mental if it's right near your house
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2009, 04:08:06 PM »

Just give them bricks to play with..get her to move ...problem solved.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
WarBwastard

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2009, 04:57:47 PM »

Does she realise she's hurting England's chances of winning the 2018 World Cup.

http://la-boca-de-la-cueva.blogspot.com/

http://mexico.worldcupblog.org/

"War does not determine who is right - only who is left." -- Bertrand Russell
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2009, 05:01:04 PM »

Pop a note through her door telling her that her granny loved the kids playing and would be spinning in her grave that her own grandaughter is such a miserable bitch.

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2009, 05:54:42 PM »

Sorry to be a stick in the mud but roads are for cars not kids playing football.

I don't care how quiet the road is they shouldn't be playing on it.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2009, 06:24:22 PM »

Where i used to live the kids were playing footie on the road causing no harm to anyone. A road worker from the council was doing some work on the road marking up with yellow paint where the road was going to be dug up. The kids asked him to paint a couple of markers on the road to use as goal posts. As the road was going to be re-surfaced the following week he agreed. (nice chap)

One of the neighbours (not a nice chap) called the police and complained to the council the kids were threatened with an ASBO the nice man lost his job.

Ah! The element of surprise
Pages: [1] 2 3 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: