blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 04, 2024, 12:14:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272653 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  DTD Monte Carlo £250,000 Gtd: Day 3 and final
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 ... 69 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD Monte Carlo £250,000 Gtd: Day 3 and final  (Read 133024 times)
b4matt

View Profile
« Reply #915 on: December 20, 2011, 12:56:23 PM »

its easy after u all saw the hands.

never mind MERRY XMAS
 c u soon dude

WP Frankie. Your a great character to have at the table.

<3 Frankie xx
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #916 on: December 20, 2011, 12:58:36 PM »

I do not understand the excessively harsh criticism of DTD and the commentary from some on here. I am pretty sure DTD do not need blonde to help business and that letting blonde do an update is just a courtesy.
These poorly constructed comments not only ruin blondes chance of doing future updates from DTD and other venues, but also, do not help the blonde cause in getting new sponsors. 

Just my opinion- flame away.

It's like someone making you dinner, giving it to you for free and then you complain that they should have paid a chef to do it.

.....and fantastic effort Tighty, thanks very much.

All true. Quite why pleno felt the need to make that last post is beyond me. I can't see that it ever achieves anything positive. It just makes him look bad, and blonde look bad.

I haven't really followed this comp but knew the final would be streamed so quite enjoyed watching a bit of it whilst following along with the thread. I can kick back with a beer, chill out, and watch some people I know playing a poker final. All completely free to me too of course. I'm not paying a penny. Yes, I can see reasons why the commentary might not be to everyone's tastes, but god damn it people, have some sense.

DTD have got themselves to a point where they are running £1000 buyins with £250,000 guarantees. Not only that, but they have a proper TV table and offer a live stream for it. And blonde running a live update thread where people can chat and have some banter. What other poker club in the country can claim to be doing all of this? And what are people doing on here? They're complaining about it. Constructive feedback fine. But calling someone "ridiculous". Not fine.

Blue text
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #917 on: December 20, 2011, 01:08:30 PM »

Nice post Charles, agree with all of that.

The other thing to remember is that some of you are coming at it from the perspective of being in the top c1% of poker players from a technical point of view, and judging all commentaries (Simons, VC's etc...) from that stance.

The average viewer isn't going to be that skilled, and isn't going to care too much whether the commentator is technically correct in all spots.
Also, the commentary has to be clear, well delivered, entertaining, informative etc..., and in my view Simon ticks all of those boxes.

I enjoyed the live feed to the last two MC's and hope DTD can do this again in the future.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #918 on: December 20, 2011, 01:13:10 PM »

All the criticism is embarrassing to be honest.

If it's not to your taste then just switch it the f**k off and do something else.

If you were paying for it fair enough but you're not so stfu!

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #919 on: December 20, 2011, 01:17:27 PM »

I wasn't a fan of the commentary, not because it was simon but because it was only simon

one layman and one expert is a proven formula for poker commentary, it's been shown to work on numerous shows and broadcasts. one person trying to fulfill both roles doesn't work anywhere near as well imo, I'm not sure anyone could do it particularly well

I think simon commentating with guests coming in for an hour or 2 at a time would work well, give him someone to bounce off of. there are plenty of top players kicking around dtd on a monte carlo weekend, shouldn't be too hard to find some people to get involved

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
h

View Profile
« Reply #920 on: December 20, 2011, 01:17:56 PM »

i ended up watching live stream until the end
enthralling stuff
congrats to all who ran deep
all who made final table
and winner
don't understand comments on commentry ( if you don't like it mute sound )
think its very unfair to question any  players integrity based on why a player would to choose to fold in any given spot  

thought updates  excellent as always

think it does re open the live stream debate
stato_1

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #921 on: December 20, 2011, 01:19:27 PM »

i like the commentary by the simon trumper man
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #922 on: December 20, 2011, 01:19:43 PM »

Seriously, this Trumper bloke, what's he ever done for us?

Well, yeah, he's Live Poker Director at the best poker club in the UK

and is instrumental in bringing tournaments like the MC into the price range of the masses

running a monthly deepstack that attracts hundreds

running lower priced tournaments to give those of us who have smaller rolls a chance to enjoy the experience

and supported Blonde updates and indeed the whole forum for a while

plus he has a fair poker record of his own  http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=232

but ignoring all that

what's he ever done?

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #923 on: December 20, 2011, 01:26:21 PM »

I do not understand the excessively harsh criticism of DTD and the commentary from some on here. I am pretty sure DTD do not need blonde to help business and that letting blonde do an update is just a courtesy.
These poorly constructed comments not only ruin blondes chance of doing future updates from DTD and other venues, but also, do not help the blonde cause in getting new sponsors. 

Just my opinion- flame away.

+1

Absolutely no need for it, it can be done far more constructively. Was gonna say summat myself actually but thought I'd get jumped on.
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #924 on: December 20, 2011, 01:26:30 PM »

i like the commentary by the simon trumper man

To be fair mate, I could hear you more than Simon most of the time.
Pretty sure if Alex hadn't busted, Rasta was going to ask you to pipe down, as he was struggling to concentrate.
Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #925 on: December 20, 2011, 01:33:58 PM »

Get involved........

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=56142.msg1476495#msg1476495

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #926 on: December 20, 2011, 01:39:25 PM »

Simon Trumper has been instrumental in bringing us the best card room in Europe.
I know this because the industry host award ceremonies and Simon collects the award for best cardroom regularly.

Simon has started playing a few poker competitions of late.
I know this as he has had a few results on his hendonmob to prove this.

Simon is an excellent cardroom manager and a great host.
I know this as Dtd is always buzzing and Simon has the time of day for everyone from the hi roller to the £15 reg.

Call me results orientated but I have one thing for Simon which is more important than anything and that is  

Respect is important to me and I wish that some of the guys who post negative stuff here might take a little time out to consider this. (in before someone says kettle pot and black)

If we had a poll on who should commentate on the next Monte Carlo, Brian Hastings or Frankie then I am pretty sure who wins that public vote. Next time we may get someone in the booth more appealing to the more technically gifted players (I know Simon tried to get others in to co commentate) but until such times lets be grateful for the legend that gave up his time to do it this week end.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #927 on: December 20, 2011, 01:43:06 PM »

Nothng has been said about his performance in the club, it has been second to nine.We might have a fantastic writer at PokerStrategy but it doesnt mean just because he'd done wonders he should start making training videos etc.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
treefella

View Profile
« Reply #928 on: December 20, 2011, 01:44:26 PM »

surely something is better than nothing !
why all the negative stuff when this is all free viewing & classy updates for joe blogs sat on his arse sipping cocktails .

if you had to pay $ for  a premium pay per view format then a few complaints probably justified, but that's not the case here is it : )
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #929 on: December 20, 2011, 01:45:44 PM »

Nothng has been said about his performance in the club, it has been second to nine.We might have a fantastic writer at PokerStrategy but it doesnt mean just because he'd done wonders he should start making training videos etc.

epic typo

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 ... 69 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: