blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 08, 2024, 10:17:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272670 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Stoke City FC
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stoke City FC  (Read 104696 times)
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 12, 2015, 11:26:47 AM »

I don't understand the negativity behind signing Johnson. Is he better than Phil Bardsley + Geoff Cameron? Yes. Is he any older then Bardsley or Cameron? No.

I think it's a good bit of business. Obviously there are younger/ better options out there, but I think he'll give us a more attacking approach from defence.

Feed em rice.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 12, 2015, 11:38:50 AM »

I don't understand the negativity behind signing Johnson. Is he better than Phil Bardsley + Geoff Cameron? Yes. Is he any older then Bardsley or Cameron? No.

I think it's a good bit of business. Obviously there are younger/ better options out there, but I think he'll give us a more attacking approach from defence.

Stoke has been built on defenders who could defend though.  Think that's the general concern alongside the potential level of wages and length of contract offered to the guy who probably only wants to play for Stoke because his wag missus is quite settled in her Cheshire lifestyle and he couldn't find another club who he is good enough to pay for who would pay him enough cash in the North West.  Jury is out for me.  Hope i am wrong.

Bit disappointed only getting £16m combined for the big two leaving the club.  First time stoke have actually sold players at a profit since they returned to the top flight so the books are starting to get balanced as well from player sales not that the club need the cash with the 365 juggernaut bankrolling them.  I think Butland is going to be a decent replacement for Bego.  Not sure sure it will be as easy to replace Steven.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 11:55:38 AM by arbboy » Logged
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 12, 2015, 01:55:29 PM »

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2520918-weightlighter-eddie-hall-deadlifts-a-record-1020-pounds-makes-it-look-easy

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/worlds-strongest-man-eddie-the-beast-hall-sets-new-world-record-10383249.html

New world record for one of Stoke's finest.  Amazing beast of a guy.  Plenty left in the tank as well at the end.  If he was 6'5'' he would be a cert to win the worlds strongest man at some stage.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 01:59:37 PM by arbboy » Logged
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 12, 2015, 06:24:33 PM »

Stoke has been built on defenders who could defend though.  Think that's the general concern alongside the potential level of wages and length of contract offered to the guy who probably only wants to play for Stoke because his wag missus is quite settled in her Cheshire lifestyle and he couldn't find another club who he is good enough to pay for who would pay him enough cash in the North West.  Jury is out for me.  Hope i am wrong.

Bit disappointed only getting £16m combined for the big two leaving the club.  First time stoke have actually sold players at a profit since they returned to the top flight so the books are starting to get balanced as well from player sales not that the club need the cash with the 365 juggernaut bankrolling them.  I think Butland is going to be a decent replacement for Bego.  Not sure sure it will be as easy to replace Steven.

I don't think £16m is too bad considering both have only 1 year left on the contract, if there was 2-3 years left for each player that number could be double. Asmir didn't have such a fantastic season in net, I'd have probably put him in the bottom half of all first team keepers for the Premier League last season, which is a huge drop in performance considering he was up there with the best a year or two back. I'm more than happy to see Butland step in, especially with the experience of Shay Given behind him.

I don't know much about this Van Ginkel fella who's going to try and fill NZonzi's boots, but he's got a tough task ahead!

Still hopeful we can add a big name despite being snubbed by Konoply-wanker and the Shaqiri deal being called off.

Feed em rice.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 07, 2015, 12:57:57 AM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33803964

Huge miss for Stoke this is.  Must be wishing we hadn't shifted Huth out now surely?
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 07, 2015, 09:05:00 AM »

Huge miss for Stoke this is.  Must be wishing we hadn't shifted Huth out now surely?

Not missed many games ever has he?

One of the best defenders in the league, was impressed with the German lad you had on loan last season having said that
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 07, 2015, 09:32:26 AM »

Do Stoke City really deserve their own thread?

Thought these threads were just for big teams.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 07, 2015, 10:56:37 AM »

Gutting, Shawcross and Muniesa at CB seem to have a great partnership, and I don't think anybody would blame me in saying they don't completely trust Wollscheid or Wilson.

Already received some texts from Arsenal "fans" having a giggle at this. The word Justice has been used in 100% of them. C***s.

Tikay we are a big team, we've won the autoglass trophy. Twice.

Feed em rice.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 07, 2015, 11:02:49 AM »

Gutting, Shawcross and Muniesa at CB seem to have a great partnership, and I don't think anybody would blame me in saying they don't completely trust Wollscheid or Wilson.

Already received some texts from Arsenal "fans" having a giggle at this. The word Justice has been used in 100% of them. C***s.

Tikay we are a big team, we've won the autoglass trophy. Twice.

What?

The Autoglass? TWICE?

Yikes, my apologies. Bigger than Spurs, then.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 07, 2015, 11:21:59 AM »

What position in the league do you think stunk city will be happy with ?

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 07, 2015, 12:34:38 PM »

Another top half finish would be great, but I think many fans are hoping for 8th.

Feed em rice.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 07, 2015, 03:13:53 PM »

7th is winning the league for Stoke effectively so any top 10 finish and 50+ points is a great season. 
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 07, 2015, 03:21:35 PM »

I'd love for some random club to sneak into 4th and steal a champions league spot.  Think Everton did it once under Moyes but then got a stitch up playoff against Villareal.   That was the year Liverpool got let in for finishing 5th.  Sigh.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 07, 2015, 03:26:00 PM »

I'd love for some random club to sneak into 4th and steal a champions league spot.  Think Everton did it once under Moyes but then got a stitch up playoff against Villareal.   That was the year Liverpool got let in for finishing 5th.  Sigh.

It would be great but i think those days are long gone and Everton were the last team to do it imo.  Southampton showed last year how tough it is to sustain a top 4 push over 38 games nowadays as an outsider.  Ultimately they were miles away in the end.
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 07, 2015, 04:02:38 PM »

Very much doubt any club will be able to sneak into the top four, having to beat either Chelsea, United, Arsenal or City over 38 games is too much. Such a shame that a glass ceiling exists for most teams.

Feed em rice.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 ... 31 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: