blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 04:06:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272661 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  $2k scoop spot
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 17 Go Down Print
Author Topic: $2k scoop spot  (Read 32422 times)
action man

View Profile WWW
« on: May 14, 2012, 05:03:20 AM »

reads on villain, know he is a reg and a poster on 2+2 has been playing really snug tight agg game for the few hours ive been at the table. Tanked really hard on this one.

PokerStars Hand #80410154580: Tournament #2012050213, $2000+$100 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level XVI (600/1200) - 2012/05/14 4:33:31 WET [2012/05/13 23:33:31 ET]
Table '2012050213 76' 9-max Seat #9 is the button
Seat 1: kirbynator (87298 in chips)
Seat 2: never4getbet (33594 in chips)
Seat 3: Ryokan (100119 in chips)
Seat 4: ImWithSumo (18495 in chips)
Seat 5: 0Human0 (42462 in chips)
Seat 6: hook2120 (90817 in chips)
Seat 7: Ramux (93099 in chips)
Seat 8: peitelanco (56350 in chips)
Seat 9: ThEcLaiMEer (76279 in chips)
kirbynator: posts the ante 150
never4getbet: posts the ante 150
Ryokan: posts the ante 150
ImWithSumo: posts the ante 150
0Human0: posts the ante 150
hook2120: posts the ante 150
Ramux: posts the ante 150
peitelanco: posts the ante 150
ThEcLaiMEer: posts the ante 150
kirbynator: posts small blind 600
never4getbet: posts big blind 1200
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to ThEcLaiMEer [As ]
Ryokan: folds
ImWithSumo: folds
0Human0: folds
hook2120: folds
Ramux: folds
peitelanco: folds
ThEcLaiMEer: raises 1440 to 2640
kirbynator: raises 3586 to 6226
never4getbet: folds
ThEcLaiMEer: calls 3586
*** FLOP *** [ ]
kirbynator: bets 7007
ThEcLaiMEer: calls 7007
*** TURN *** [ ] []
kirbynator: checks
ThEcLaiMEer: bets 14895
kirbynator: calls 14895
*** RIVER *** [ ] []
kirbynator: bets 59020 and is all-in
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 05:14:14 AM »

Can't think of a single hand he can have that beats you. I'd snap and I think he on tighter side than most. Just what on earth can he have? Must just always be some random marginal showdown hand turned into a retarded bluff.

Snapo
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 05:17:38 AM »

having ace spades is huge ehre and the main reason why i'm not folding.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
NigDawG

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 07:05:37 AM »

is this on the bubble? looks like a call either way

Christopher Brammer
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 08:09:45 AM »

Can't think of a single hand he can have that beats you. I'd snap and I think he on tighter side than most. Just what on earth can he have? Must just always be some random marginal showdown hand turned into a retarded bluff.

Snapo

I don't know the guy particularly well, but i highly doubt it is a completely retarded bluff. He is just too good. Fantastic record in online MTTs/online cash, can't see him spewing off here.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2012, 12:19:01 PM »

The only hand he may play this way more than 0% of the time that beats us is KsQs and he may play it this way between 0 and 10%. I couldn't care less about people's records when there are no combinations of hands he can have!!! Feel free to enlighten me with possible range tho cos I may be wrong
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2012, 12:39:26 PM »

and

are two hands that are possible imo another MAYBE /Qs ?

I can't think of a single way we could juggle the maths here and it not be a call - Is there a chance he can have worse for value? That seems VERY unlikely as well, A6 possibly? would prolly only be the suited ones pf + I think he chk/calls A6 close to always, just cant see AT or JT playing like this, nor non spades KQ.

This is so weird and such a retarded spot to bluff as you're not even at the top of your range here - you're range is pretty much uncapped (not so heavy on flushes, but still) the chance of you having a hand that can call here is pretyty decent, speshly as we know he DOESN'T have the - if he was going to go off his lid PLO style with KK or QQ then you'd expect him to take off OTT?

but never underestimate the ability of someone who plays internet tournaments all day to randomly lose his brain lol

Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2012, 12:41:32 PM »

Why wouldnt he barrel the turn with them hands tho as he is never getting raised. Check calling them hands oop is just lol bad
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2012, 12:57:09 PM »

The only hand he may play this way more than 0% of the time that beats us is KsQs and he may play it this way between 0 and 10%. I couldn't care less about people's records when there are no combinations of hands he can have!!! Feel free to enlighten me with possible range tho cos I may be wrong

I see exactly what you are saying. In general, my default in wtf spots is call, but here, i just don't know. Can't see myself folding in-game tho soooooooo shrug. Just seems like vs retards always hit call, but if we know he is decent, we have to reduce his spazz %, so we have a real decision here.

edit: Does it sound retarded for me to say in game when I'm so far off from these stakes?

Hope you called just so we get results

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2012, 01:03:05 PM »

Pretty fun one. My initial instinct was to fold but I agree with Dubai that if he had some sort of spade combo he'd just barrel turn and c/calling would be pretty bad from him. It looks great when we have AJ and he (maybe) gets there but most of the time he's gunna just fire again or maybe take off and c/r turn with spades.

I do think that he could play KQ this way but I'm finding it very hard to convince myself that he can have spades. The only hands that I can think of are stuff like 3xss that decided to c/c with its fragment of showdown value? Surely this villain is going to recognise though that 3x isn't really much showdown value at all.

So yeah I think its a call but sometimes he's gunna show you the KQ. Would be extremely suprised to see a flush and I think its hard for him to have a flush without having butchered this hand - demonstrated nicely by the fact that you're genuinely thinking about folding top 2.

skolsuper

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2012, 07:53:37 PM »

I was in a similar spot* to this recently and the guy had a flush (45ss iirc). Was a 109 or something tho.

*reasonable, tight 2p2er OOP PFR with initiative c/c instead of barrelling turned bdfd no showdown value, then donking river (I shoved with a bluff, he tank called)
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2012, 08:59:40 PM »

Why wouldnt he barrel the turn with them hands tho as he is never getting raised. Check calling them hands oop is just lol bad

Yh agreed. Just trying to rack my head and think of any hands that could take this line and it be good, he's completely butchered the hand irrespective of what his holding is.

Chk/call turn Jam river is horrific I can't think of two cards he can have to make it good. So knowing now that we know he is capable of playing like this, we now can open his range up to include K3 Q3 Q9 and 89 OTT - I think as well he'll get to the turn with those 4 hands a very HIGH % of the time he is dealt them, as blinds steal vs UNopned BTN steal always seems ridic high in online donkyments. I'll forgive him IF he has KQss although he has still butchered it.

I cant go round giving a good villain 1 legit value hand and folding, so call, and if he has any other cards but KQss we need to note this shit!

railtard1

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2012, 11:23:03 PM »

havnt read all of the above, so sorry if some of the following is repeated. Trigg is grinding at my house and in game time i was like waiting for him to SNAP click call. But the more i think over the hand, the more i wana make a fold. Kirby is defo one of the tighter regs (or not as crazy as some high stakes regs), and i just cnt see him going crazy here on river. The only thing we can beat is a marginal hand that he has decided to turn into a bluff, but even this seems unlikely. In game time i was sure he would be barrelling hands like Q9ss or similar hands that have picked up flush draws on the turn, but now im not so sure. The turn is defo a card that can improve our perceived range and were going to be nutted some % of the time. So its possible he is just c/calling the turn to improve and gona c/fold unimproved.
Its such an absurd line tho and defo a great hand for PHA.
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2012, 11:31:06 PM »

Thing is even if it improves our range he still gets raised so rarely on the turn that he should always bet with combo draws. We are at the near top of our range and we would still flat if he bets
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2012, 03:12:36 AM »

Call as well. Never like it when we trap with a monster and then do a fold. At the end we know he's not jamming the nuts so something is rotten in Denmark. Think it would be a pretty thin value shove into a soft played hand. Maybe he used some kinda stop & go technology to float the turn and play the draws with no hand and a good image. Two random cards and big ideas is as likely as non nut flush imo.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 17 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: