blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 13, 2024, 03:44:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272677 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16724 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 ... 2344 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3624223 times)
technolog
Fib & Archie's dad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1695 on: May 20, 2008, 01:03:33 PM »

I've spent many a lazy summer's afternoon in the aboretum, watching the world go by (more accurately - girls) and sleeping off a lunchtime session - somehow it seemed much more attractive than going back to the poly for afternoon study!

It's better to be looking at it than looking for it.
rex008

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1696 on: May 20, 2008, 04:06:47 PM »

Nottingham High School (wot I went too and got learned at) is opposite side of the road to the Arboretum. Arboretum meant smoke or snog for us lot back then. Aaah, the memories. And The Arboretum pub was where we went after last day of A levels and all got very drunk, helped along by teachers. Which was novel Smiley

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams
The secret to a happy life - "Never pass up a chance to have sex or appear on television." - Gore Vidal
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1697 on: May 23, 2008, 11:28:55 AM »

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1698 on: May 28, 2008, 12:23:27 PM »

Battery Bob ?

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Snatiramas
Loving London

View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: May 28, 2008, 12:31:12 PM »

Nottingham High School (wot I went too and got learned at) is opposite side of the road to the Arboretum. Arboretum meant smoke or snog for us lot back then. Aaah, the memories. And The Arboretum pub was where we went after last day of A levels and all got very drunk, helped along by teachers. Which was novel Smiley

Used to play against Notts High when the Wyggeston Boys was a top Grammar school. Always dirty against them and King Henry VIII Coventry..........ah so much more fun watching my son play

The most insidious of rules are those that aren't rules at all.
They are the limitations that we invent for ourselves
Laxie

View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: May 28, 2008, 12:40:05 PM »

Probably less painful too

I bet when Hugh Hefner dies, you won't hear anyone say, "He's in a better place."
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1701 on: May 28, 2008, 12:45:25 PM »

Used to play against Notts High when the Wyggeston Boys was a top Grammar school. Always dirty against them and King Henry VIII Coventry..........ah so much more fun watching my son play

What sport was that?  I used to play against Notts High at hockey. 

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Snatiramas
Loving London

View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: May 28, 2008, 12:47:34 PM »

What sport was that?  I used to play against Notts High at hockey. 

Rugby........it was the only decent comment on my school report each year. My favourite school report comment came in Latin though.....Phillip would do better if he did not fall asleep in class

rex008

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1703 on: May 28, 2008, 01:52:09 PM »

Yeah, I played Rugby for them - would have been 1984-91. I couldn't be bothered getting beaten up, so I insisted on playing in the 3rd XV in my last year there. Was much more relaxed Smiley. My boys are starting there in September, although they won't be playing proper rugby for 5 years or so (11YO before it becomes more than tag rugby).

The huge rivalry there is with Trent College - place for rich thickies that was (no apologies for anybody who went there) Although I think generally they were probably ahead in the rugby results over the years, if only just.

They were pretty strong in hockey as well, although the main hockey teacher was not someone a boy wanted to be in a room alone with...

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams
The secret to a happy life - "Never pass up a chance to have sex or appear on television." - Gore Vidal
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1704 on: May 28, 2008, 02:06:38 PM »

They were pretty strong in hockey as well, although the main hockey teacher was not someone a boy wanted to be in a room alone with...

We had a football coach like that.  But in his defence, he did prefer girls. 

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Snatiramas
Loving London

View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: May 28, 2008, 02:52:55 PM »

Yeah, I played Rugby for them - would have been 1984-91. I couldn't be bothered getting beaten up, so I insisted on playing in the 3rd XV in my last year there. Was much more relaxed Smiley. My boys are starting there in September, although they won't be playing proper rugby for 5 years or so (11YO before it becomes more than tag rugby).

The huge rivalry there is with Trent College - place for rich thickies that was (no apologies for anybody who went there) Although I think generally they were probably ahead in the rugby results over the years, if only just.

Ah I was a touch earlier 1974 to 1981

cia260895

View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: May 28, 2008, 03:07:04 PM »

did he make you captain? 
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1707 on: May 28, 2008, 03:15:26 PM »

did he make you captain? 

No, I was his bitch.

77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1708 on: May 28, 2008, 08:20:32 PM »

Tom as you can imagine life has been tough since i have moved to America.

They dont know what a Yorkshire pudding is.

My American sister-in-law wants to know how you can eat a pudding which is a dessert for a main meal.

i dont even wanna start on black pudding.

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
barhell

View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: May 28, 2008, 08:24:49 PM »

Tom as you can imagine life has been tough since i have moved to America.

They dont know what a Yorkshire pudding is.

My American sister-in-law wants to know how you can eat a pudding which is a dessert for a main meal.

i dont even wanna start on black pudding.

FTW

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.
Douglas Adams
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 112 113 [114] 115 116 117 118 ... 2344 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: