blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 03, 2024, 08:17:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272652 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Suspicious betting in non-league?
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Suspicious betting in non-league?  (Read 1340 times)
superwomble

View Profile WWW
« on: March 15, 2013, 07:43:43 PM »

Saw a tweet from Sam Elliot of the Non-League Paper earlier:

Breaking news: "The FA and the Gambling Commission have become aware of suspicious betting activity in the Football Conference South"

Interesting!

AFC Wimbledon Poker Club - https://www.facebook.com/afcwpokerclub/
superwomble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 07:44:55 PM »

Some more info on the FA's website: http://www.thefa.com/News/governance/2013/mar/betting-patterns-football-conference-south.aspx

AFC Wimbledon Poker Club - https://www.facebook.com/afcwpokerclub/
Matt.NFFC.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 08:08:38 PM »

It comes as no surprise to me that the lower leagues are targeted by possible betting irregularities.

Let's face it, these players would be on what?  £300 per week or something like that? Maybe £100 per game and they'll have jobs too.

Hardly a shock if a few rogue players are approached to help influence an outcome for big bucks.  The lure would be too great for some I imagine.

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 02:29:14 AM »

It comes as no surprise to me that the lower leagues are targeted by possible betting irregularities.

Let's face it, these players would be on what?  £300 per week or something like that? Maybe £100 per game and they'll have jobs too.

Hardly a shock if a few rogue players are approached to help influence an outcome for big bucks.  The lure would be too great for some I imagine.

I know a couple of the Eastbourne Borough players and they get £50 a game minus tax
gouty

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 03:34:30 AM »

It's just transpancy. Lower league footy was always dodgy especially towards the end of the season. It's the best thing ever for the integrity of all sports this though!

You used to have all the independent bookies who used to deal in cash, now you have the Internet or the big 6 bookies who have software which picks up arbing and unusual betting patterns ( a proper punt) within seconds. They only want lots of small punters.

No wonder Barney Curley retired. You can't get on anymore.

Snooker,boxing,tennis will all benefit from this along with non league footy.

You can only have a tenner on though!  Which should be fine anyway as gambling should always be fun.

Of course the real weird aspect of this is that the more enquiries into match fixing or integrity of a sport that occur, then the more reasonable the big bookies are being in restricting bet sizes. Which in turn makes it easier to spot betting patterns and so on.

It's going to be an amazing few years ahead that's for sure.

TheChipPrince

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2013, 04:43:39 PM »

Listening to the non-league show last night on 5live the rules are pretty stern.

A player who plays for Pub Team Athletic in qual round 1 in August cannot have a bet on the cup final etc

The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.

RIP- TheChipPrince - $17,165
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2013, 11:14:44 PM »

Was very surprised that I managed to get a monkey on Eastwood Town a couple of years ago with VC. Had no betting history with them whatsoever though.

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2013, 11:17:13 PM »

Listening to the non-league show last night on 5live the rules are pretty stern.

A player who plays for Pub Team Athletic in qual round 1 in August cannot have a bet on the cup final etc

i would suggest the rules are fine but are pretty hard to implement

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: