blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 03:49:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272666 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16722 Members
Latest Member: TheDoubleTop
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  The world cup
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 29 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The world cup  (Read 56067 times)
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 28, 2018, 06:39:36 PM »

ffs, Welbz can't even get in when we're happy to lose - the only reason I'm watching is the chance of glimpsing Welbz in full flow

sola virtus nobilitat
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 28, 2018, 06:41:11 PM »

ffs, Welbz can't even get in when we're happy to lose - the only reason I'm watching is the chance of glimpsing Welbz in full flow

He'd probably score the winning goal - exactly what, it appears, we don't want.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 28, 2018, 06:42:11 PM »

Belgium manager Roberto Martinez: "We want to perform well but the priority is not to win."

Let me just sit down for a minute....

Has it been confirmed he really said that ? Pretty hard to separate that statement from match fixing however 'pragmatic' it may appear

Taken from BBC live text commentary. I think what he means is winning is not the priority rather than we must not win, but even so.   

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 28, 2018, 06:42:16 PM »

He'd probably score the winning goal - exactly what, it appears, we don't want.

Put him in goal - should be safe

sola virtus nobilitat
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 28, 2018, 06:43:16 PM »

Belgium manager Roberto Martinez: "We want to perform well but the priority is not to win."

Has it been confirmed he really said that ? Pretty hard to separate that statement from match fixing however 'pragmatic' it may appear

Taken from BBC live text commentary. I think what he means is winning is not the priority rather than we must not win, but even so.   

Yah, punctuation or language could get him off the hook I guess

sola virtus nobilitat
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 28, 2018, 06:43:50 PM »

Ahh yes, that makes more sense. Sort of.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 28, 2018, 06:57:46 PM »

update from Ben Mayhew's model on twitter @experimental361

Click to see full-size image.

Assume not the same Ben Mayhew that plays(ed) poker?

No idea, Alex, but it seems a reasonable assumption to me......

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 28, 2018, 07:05:45 PM »

update from Ben Mayhew's model on twitter @experimental361

Click to see full-size image.

Assume not the same Ben Mayhew that plays(ed) poker?

No idea, Alex, but it seems a reasonable assumption to me......

No it isn't.  Ben Mayhew (poker) retweeted Ben Mayhew (stats) just to add to the confusion. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 28, 2018, 07:07:54 PM »

just now on betfair.   England about 11/8. Belgium 3/1.  Belgium should be a bet.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 28, 2018, 07:19:07 PM »

just now on betfair.   England about 11/8. Belgium 3/1.  Belgium should be a bet.

just got 4.1 to add to the 4.  Seems mad to me.

bagel
bagel

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 28, 2018, 08:03:19 PM »

just try to win ffs

do brasil in the quarters really look that scary?

of course they are favourites if we draw them, world cup is obviously once every 4 years (when we qualify), cheering on a loss or draw or whatever gives us an "easier draw" is such a depressing mindset.

win tonight, smash japan or colombia, then enjoy a quarter final against whoever comes next.

we are to conditioned to the idea that as soon as we play a big name then its game over.

it may well be but enjoy it all while you can.

never say never, and in 3 weeks time its all over so we can all go back to cheering on chelsea on channel 5
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 28, 2018, 08:08:23 PM »

just got 4.1 to add to the 4.  Seems mad to me.

I'm persuaded, can you stick £25 on for me please David?

Oh, wait.....

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 28, 2018, 08:16:20 PM »

just try to win ffs

of course they are favourites if we draw them, world cup is obviously once every 4 years (when we qualify), cheering on a loss or draw or whatever gives us an "easier draw" is such a depressing mindset.

win tonight, smash japan or colombia, then enjoy a quarter final against whoever comes next.

we are to conditioned to the idea that as soon as we play a big name then its game over.

never say never, and in 3 weeks time its all over so we can all go back to cheering on chelsea on channel 5

I read earlier that England had a 20% chance of making the World Cup final if they finish 2nd and only a 10% chance of making it if they finish 2nd.   Surely 2nd us a great result in the circumstances? 

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 28, 2018, 08:21:25 PM »

just try to win ffs

Yup.....grow a pair of ba.......whoops 
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 28, 2018, 08:21:51 PM »

just try to win ffs

I read earlier that England had a 20% chance of making the World Cup final if they finish 2nd and only a 10% chance of making it if they finish 2nd.   Surely 2nd us a great result in the circumstances? 

Just read Ben Mayhew (the other one) saying it is about the same either way.  Pretty sure both are wrong and the truth is somewhere inbetween.

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 29 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: