blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 06, 2024, 06:15:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272667 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16722 Members
Latest Member: TheDoubleTop
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  King George
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: King George  (Read 3108 times)
Biddy 62

View Profile
« on: December 23, 2012, 06:51:38 PM »

Cracking race in store, whats going to beat Long run? I'm having a bit on Gran Crus.
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, 07:16:40 PM »

Long Run at 7/2 not very long ago couldn't have been a bad bet....

I might just try and lie on the sofa in a turkey-induced coma and take a modest punt on a long shot and hope I get at least a mention from it on the way round.  So far, I keep coming back to Captain Chris @ 14/1.  Recent (mine) form suggests you can all safely cross that one off your lists...

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, 07:30:21 PM »

I have long run at 7/2 and am convinced it's terrific value. He's got nothing to be frightened of in the field.

Grands Crus is IMHO the best place value bet but I'm not suffiiently skilled to be recommending on a forum to wiser heads.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2012, 08:09:56 PM »

I have long run at 7/2 and am convinced it's terrific value. He's got nothing to be frightened of in the field.

Grands Crus is IMHO the best place value bet but I'm not suffiiently skilled to be recommending on a forum to wiser heads.

You definitely have a great bet there but your weather-forecasting skills have helped.

The King George is a fascinating race most years as it is in total contrast to the season's other blue riband staying 'chases due the course being basically the polar opposite of Cheltenham which is left-handed and undulating with a stiff uphill finish as opposed to Kempton Park's flat and relatively "easy" flat track which actually gives speed-horses as good if not a better chance than out and out stayers especially with going conditions which have a "good" in them.

I would have loved to see some of the crack two and a half milers in the mix on G/S going as a purist and a big Sizing Europe fan.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2012, 09:03:28 PM »

Couldn't help but be impressed by For Non Stop win the Old Roan chase at Aintree earlier in year, smashing up Wishful Thinking. Beat by Capt Chris last time but jumped poorly and yet still finished strongly. I had a bit of on Long Run a while back but shall be punting my long shot.
Gl

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2012, 01:04:19 PM »

Im supposed to be going to wetherby on boxing day, but a day on the settee is looking like a better call. Long run to grind it out in the mud
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2012, 02:02:13 PM »

long run looks solid but something can beat it

the rest of the market leaders have massive holes in them at least to my eyes, i to like FOR NON STOP at 33-1

never raced on a quagmire but breeding says it will be fine and also points to the trip being a positive if anything

i have had a small bet

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2012, 09:06:52 AM »

For Non Stop now a non runner today and Hills going 3/1 on Long Run atm.....

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2012, 09:09:39 AM »

There has been no rain in the Kempton Park vicinity for 24 hours now, & today is dry, with plenty of blue sky peeping through the clouds.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tonytats

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2012, 11:02:11 AM »

Rain is forecast from the west later tho!
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2012, 11:20:56 AM »

If either Captain Chris or Cue Card stays 3m in the mud I'll be very surprised. [EDIT - oops!]

Johnson should have his 7lb claim back at the moment and Captain Chris isn't a brilliant jumper at the best of times, let alone with Deckie on.

Cue Card is exuberant and a place lay for me.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 03:29:53 PM by Chompy » Logged

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
claypole

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2012, 11:50:41 AM »

I'm on Gran Crus EW - just think its too big at with the MBS at Paddy Power, still relatively unexposed if we forgive it it's last run. Let's go go go
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2012, 03:27:46 PM »

Based on what I saw, I feel gutted For Non Stop didnt run......

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2012, 03:39:59 PM »

Might be right there, Adz.

Don't see myself backing Long Run for the double in March, even at 8-1.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2012, 03:40:36 PM »

Rotten day for the bookies in the rain!

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: