blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 15, 2024, 11:22:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272685 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16947 Members
Latest Member: CassioParra
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  The dollar...?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The dollar...?  (Read 17629 times)
SupaMonkey

Allin!

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 10, 2007, 04:41:38 PM »

Like the 'credible' evidence of WMD?  

I'm overly glad that you and many others find this a humorous issue. Please keep this good humour when Iran and their religious nut president get ahold of Nuclear weapons and either threaten or attempt to use them on Israel and other western/NONmuslim powers.

Or credible evedence of a President with a MAJORITY (ie not gerrymandered) vote being called a threat to democracy by the US? http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4723902.stm

Never gonna happen. This is modern day propaganda. If iran wanted to nuke any country in the world they wouldn't build a nuclear power station, then build nukes from the uranium enrichment process and then bomb someone. They would just go and buy and nuke from russia. That way they could just deny it/blame it on a terrorist group rather than starting a nuclear war.

Btw, Israel have over 1000 nukes (i think, it's a large number) they are the equivalent of a middle eastern superpower. Iran aren't going to start a war with them. Especially when the only reason the US get on with Israel is because of this (this is also the reason the US continues to back Israel in the Israel-Palestine conflict when they are blatantly backing the wrong side).
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #76 on: January 10, 2007, 04:42:20 PM »

Methinks the lady doth protest too much!

and BTW.. lady?? u must have some funny looking women over there :/

Oh the irony - an American quotes Shakespeare and the Brit fails to spot the reference.

We're through the looking glass here, people
Colchester Kev

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 10, 2007, 04:44:23 PM »

Why do we call Americans Yanks and not Confs .....?

Sleep don't visit, so I choke on sun
And the days blur into one
And the backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done

http://colchesterkev.wordpress.com/

kevshep2010@hotmail.co.uk
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 10, 2007, 04:46:26 PM »

Mad Confederate wouldn't be as catchy on net forums.

Everything for a reason.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: January 10, 2007, 04:47:38 PM »

I'm overly glad that you and many others find this a humorous issue. Please keep this good humour when Iran and their religious nut president get ahold of Nuclear weapons and either threaten or attempt to use them on Israel and other western/NONmuslim powers.

Or credible evedence of a President with a MAJORITY (ie not gerrymandered) vote being called a threat to democracy by the US? http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4723902.stm

Never gonna happen. This is modern day propaganda. If iran wanted to nuke any country in the world they wouldn't build a nuclear power station, then build nukes from the uranium enrichment process and then bomb someone. They would just go and buy and nuke from russia. That way they could just deny it/blame it on a terrorist group rather than starting a nuclear war.

Btw, Israel have over 1000 nukes (i think, it's a large number) they are the equivalent of a middle eastern superpower. Iran aren't going to start a war with them. Especially when the only reason the US get on with Israel is because of this (this is also the reason the US continues to back Israel in the Israel-Palestine conflict when they are blatantly backing the wrong side).

Interestingly enough...anyone see the frontpage of the times this sunday? For those of you that didn't. OPlans leaked out (intentionally?) that Israel is training up a strike force to do a surgical strike on Iran and take out the nuclear facility...wonder if Israel would actually have the balls to go through with that one as it would cause a massive stink in that area.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
MadYank
Rezident Farang (Yank Flavour)

Sawat Di Khrap!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #80 on: January 10, 2007, 04:50:47 PM »

WOW on so many levels!

Believing that Iran doesn't want to get hold of Nuclear weapons is really "bury your head in the sand best wishing" in the face of of the absolute stark reality.

Iran's president has already stated that he is committed to the eradication of The State of Israel.

DBL WOW to the concept that US/Israel relations are based soley on the fact that Israel holds nuclear weapons. Um, I just wouldn't know where to stat with that one.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2007, 04:55:31 PM by MadYank » Logged

MadYank

Sawat Di Khrap!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #81 on: January 10, 2007, 04:54:51 PM »

Interestingly enough...anyone see the frontpage of the times this sunday? For those of you that didn't. OPlans leaked out (intentionally?) that Israel is training up a strike force to do a surgical strike on Iran and take out the nuclear facility...wonder if Israel would actually have the balls to go through with that one as it would cause a massive stink in that area.

I think it would be unwise to question the "balls" or resolve of Israel. Right or wrong, once they decide on a course of action they deem necesary, they are highly likely to to execute the action. Israel has proven this time and time again regardless of world (and even US) opinion.

The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 10, 2007, 04:56:30 PM »

Couldn't disagree more.
SupaMonkey

Allin!

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 10, 2007, 04:57:34 PM »

I never said that Iran didn't want to get hold of nuclear weapons, i just said that there are easier ways of getting them.

DBL WOW to the concept that US/Israel relations are based soley on the fact that Israel holds nuclear weapons. Um, I just wouldn't know where to stat with that one.

That's not what i said.
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 10, 2007, 05:00:39 PM »

If Iran nuked Israel, and vice versa it sure would solve alot of the problems there.

Lots of dead people though Sad I knew there was a flaw in that plan.
boldie

Don't make me mad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #85 on: January 10, 2007, 05:06:59 PM »

I think it would be unwise to question the "balls" or resolve of Israel. Right or wrong, once they decide on a course of action they deem necesary, they are highly likely to to execute the action. Israel has proven this time and time again regardless of world (and even US) opinion.

Yes but they would open up a can of worms that would be ridiculous. As soon as Israel at this time would attempt a nuclear (because that's what we are talking about) surgical strike on Irans facilities full scale war will erupt. Of that there can be no doubt..and the Israelies know this. Yes they have more stones as a nation then any other nation in the world, but are also not stupid and know that if it comes to a full scale war with a country like Iran..which has a fairly decent army they will be in REAL trouble..especially as the entire region would come down like a ton of bricks on them.

I have a very good friend who is Israeli and in the military and this is the part we argue over most to be honest. I respect them for their capabilities but they have forgotten how they won their war when everyone was attacking them. The people Israel had back then were a completely different breed of Israelies who were willing to die for their country no matter what. That is no longer the case in most of Israel.
If Iran had proven nuclear capabilities or was proven to be close to them it would be another matter. If they would do it in the next few motnh the entire region would attack them..and there's only one way that could end for the world and it sure wouldn't be good.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank, give a man a bank and he can rob the world.
SupaMonkey

Allin!

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 10, 2007, 05:09:22 PM »

Sorry, i shouldn't have used only here. The situation is far more complex but it is a marriage of convience.
MadYank

Sawat Di Khrap!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: January 10, 2007, 05:21:57 PM »

Yes but they would open up a can of worms that would be ridiculous. As soon as Israel at this time would attempt a nuclear (because that's what we are talking about) surgical strike on Irans facilities full scale war will erupt. Of that there can be no doubt..and the Israelies know this. Yes they have more stones as a nation then any other nation in the world, but are also not stupid and know that if it comes to a full scale war with a country like Iran..which has a fairly decent army they will be in REAL trouble..especially as the entire region would come down like a ton of bricks on them.

I have a very good friend who is Israeli and in the military and this is the part we argue over most to be honest. I respect them for their capabilities but they have forgotten how they won their war when everyone was attacking them. The people Israel had back then were a completely different breed of Israelies who were willing to die for their country no matter what. That is no longer the case in most of Israel.
If Iran had proven nuclear capabilities or was proven to be close to them it would be another matter. If they would do it in the next few motnh the entire region would attack them..and there's only one way that could end for the world and it sure wouldn't be good.

This is a very interesting strategic and tactical situation.

1st I think The Israeli military does have both the stones AND the ability to pull off a conventional surgical strike on Iranian nuclear assets.

2nd I agree this would result in a wild shitstorm that they may or may not be able to handle on thir own. Militaily, I think they could handle it. Politically, no way.

3rd If Israel went down this path (assuming non nuclear strike on Iran), The Iranian conventional militay would be in quite a bind. The Iranians have a professional military (or what passes for one in that region) BUT like it or not, unless they did some earth shattering diplomatic wrangling (which I think they are utterly incapabe of with their current madman at the helm) they would'nt just be facing The IDF they would be facing several American Armored Battle Groups from the west and the US Navy in the Persian Gulf.

IOW it would cause a horrific shitstorm but I don't think it would quite develop into a full on conventional war due to the prescence of the American forces so near and dear.

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 10, 2007, 05:25:22 PM »

Also, please review your initial post and tell me whether or not it smells of a condescending anti-American tone?

Not the daftest conspiracy theory, add to it the American agitation (including a US sponsored coup) over Chavez in Venzuela - he's already threatened to move to the Euro.

That's not condescending.

Are you sure you know what the word means? (THAT'S condescending).

I think you'll find it's an additional comment to the theory that the US will move to protect their economy using gunship diplomacy if too many oil producers propose adopting the Euro instead of the dollar.

Getting a grip on what has been said instead of ranting on attacking people for what you THINK they said may mean you make more sense.

If you want to continue this you'd better cite your acceptable sources (Fox News & the White House?). No point in it until you do as the BBC/CNN & The EEC are not acceptable references (altogether infinitely more than you have so far managed).

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #89 on: January 10, 2007, 05:28:22 PM »

I'd have thought there's a very good reason why Iran wants nuclear weapons.

Greneda - no nukes - US invasion
Afghanistan - no nukes - US invasion
Iraq - no nukes - US invasion
North Korea - thought to have some nuclear capability - US issues stern words

If I were Iran, I'd bloody want some as well.

This much is true - Israel takes decisions very much as if it were a cornered dog (which, geographically, it is). They bombed a nuclear reactor in Iraq in 1981 to prevent Iraq getting nukes and will do the same to Iran if they genuinely believe Iran is close to getting nuclear weapons and believe that the US will not actively prevent this from happening.

During the 1991 Iraq war, the main reason Saddam Hussein fired Scud missiles at Israeli civilian targets was to provoke the Israelis to launch a nuclear strike on Iraq, thus bringing in all the other Arab states on his side in the war.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: