blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 02:06:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272660 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary
Pages: 1 ... 1675 1676 1677 1678 [1679] 1680 1681 1682 1683 ... 2344 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vagueness and the Aftermath - A sporadic diary  (Read 3617244 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25170 on: August 04, 2014, 11:04:24 AM »

Thought this might appeal to you

A whale shark being transported after it was caught in a fishermen's net in Yangzhi county, Fujian province. According to local media, the whale shark is five-metres-long and weighs over 2 tonnes.

Click to see full-size image.

I wonder how they got it on there?

The older I get, the better I was.
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #25171 on: August 04, 2014, 11:13:23 AM »

Hi Tom,

this picture appeared on my facebook newsfeed this morning with the following text:

PLEASE PLEASE SHARE THIS!
I found this in my own horse Mushu's mane tonight, at moorfields, Kells/ballymena area.
This is a gypsy knot for those who don't know what it is. Gypsys tag the horse they want to steal with knots like this. It took me 15mins to untangle out of his mane!
Even if you don't own horses yourself, you may know somebody who does, so PLEASE SHARE this and PLEASE check your horse's manes.

This isn't something I've heard of before and is obviously a very one-sided view  - is it something you are able to shed some light on/dispel? 

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25172 on: August 04, 2014, 11:27:22 AM »

Hi Tom,

this picture appeared on my facebook newsfeed this morning with the following text:

I found this in my own horse Mushu's mane tonight, at moorfields, Kells/ballymena area.
This is a gypsy knot for those who don't know what it is. Gypsys tag the horse they want to steal with knots like this. It took me 15mins to untangle out of his mane!
Even if you don't own horses yourself, you may know somebody who does, so PLEASE SHARE this and PLEASE check your horse's manes.

This isn't something I've heard of before and is obviously a very one-sided view  - is it something you are able to shed some light on/dispel? 

It's a total crock of crap.

Why on earth would anyone advertise the fact that the want to steal something, it's ludicrous.

If they did want to steal it, why would they draw attention to themselves by standing there plaiting it's mane instead of just stealing it there and then?

No doubt a good percentage of the people who read that will be only too happy to accept it as gospel and pass it on, and in so doing bring misery to some poor innocent Gypsy family further down the line and perpetuate a culture of blind hatred for another few generations.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25173 on: August 04, 2014, 11:42:38 AM »

The Dead

BLOW out, you bugles, over the rich Dead!   
  There’s none of these so lonely and poor of old,   
  But, dying, has made us rarer gifts than gold.   
These laid the world away; poured out the red   
Sweet wine of youth; gave up the years to be           
  Of work and joy, and that unhoped serene,   
  That men call age; and those who would have been,   
Their sons, they gave, their immortality.   

Blow, bugles, blow! They brought us, for our dearth,   
  Holiness, lacked so long, and Love, and Pain.          
Honour has come back, as a king, to earth,   
  And paid his subjects with a royal wage;   
And Nobleness walks in our ways again;   
  And we have come into our heritage.

Lovely sentiment, but I don't think I'm sophisticated enough to really appreciate Rupert Brooke. His poems aren't rhymey enough for me.

rhymey?

RHYMEY?

For goodness sake, Tom.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #25174 on: August 04, 2014, 11:50:04 AM »

Hi Tom,

Why on earth would anyone advertise the fact that the want to steal something, it's ludicrous.

If they did want to steal it, why would they draw attention to themselves by standing there plaiting it's mane instead of just stealing it there and then?

No doubt a good percentage of the people who read that will be only too happy to accept it as gospel and pass it on, and in so doing bring misery to some poor innocent Gypsy family further down the line and perpetuate a culture of blind hatred for another few generations.

I just can't understand why people believe some of the stuff on Facebook.  Surely you can spend 2 seconds on this and spot the flaw?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #25175 on: August 04, 2014, 12:37:23 PM »

Looks like some old persons back to me!

Not seen too many bald/thinning horses...

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #25176 on: August 04, 2014, 03:03:29 PM »

Hi Tom,

thanks Tom - I didn't want to leave it there on my newsfeed without commenting/challenging for the very reasons you've said.  I'm going to see if I can get as many people to share the fact that it is potentially damaging prejudiced nonsense as shared the original post.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25177 on: August 04, 2014, 03:05:38 PM »

Thanks Claire.

Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #25178 on: August 04, 2014, 08:09:42 PM »

A whale shark being transported after it was caught in a fishermen's net in Yangzhi county, Fujian province. According to local media, the whale shark is five-metres-long and weighs over 2 tonnes.

I don't know and not meaning to lower the tone but its rather purple coloured bulbous head reminds me of something.
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #25179 on: August 05, 2014, 08:34:07 AM »

I don't know and not meaning to lower the tone but its rather purple coloured bulbous head reminds me of something.

What!!
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #25180 on: August 09, 2014, 09:59:28 AM »

For any readers or Tom himself a thread created for a couple of special Blonde members

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=64141.0

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25181 on: August 10, 2014, 10:02:45 PM »

I don't tell bad beat stories, but permit me this one.

Goliath Coventry. Blinds 400 / 800.

I've been up to 70k but got out drawn all in twice in succession to go back to my starting stack of 25k.

It's folded around to me in the sb, I make it 2200 to go with A10os.

From the bb, a nervous young man who literally hasn't played a hand for two hours takes back his blind, replacing it with 5200.

My cards are in the air and on the way to the muck when I hear him say,  "Call".

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #25182 on: August 10, 2014, 10:09:55 PM »

I've been up to 70k but got out drawn all in twice in succession to go back to my starting stack of 25k.

From the bb, a nervous young man who literally hasn't played a hand for two hours takes back his blind, replacing it with 5200.

My cards are in the air and on the way to the muck when I hear him say,  "Call".

You're still behind, though!

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25183 on: August 10, 2014, 10:14:02 PM »

My cards are in the air and on the way to the muck when I hear him say,  "Call".

That's the worst part, he asked why I'd passed, "Was you bluffing?" and showed 10c Jc.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #25184 on: August 10, 2014, 10:27:53 PM »

My cards are in the air and on the way to the muck when I hear him say,  "Call".

That's the worst part, he asked why I'd passed, "Was you bluffing?" and showed 10c .

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Pages: 1 ... 1675 1676 1677 1678 [1679] 1680 1681 1682 1683 ... 2344 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: