blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 10, 2024, 12:23:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272673 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  tikay & Red fall out.......
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Print
Author Topic: tikay & Red fall out.......  (Read 9122 times)
Snatiramas
Loving London

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: August 29, 2006, 01:20:35 PM »

Definitively
In the book it stated quite clearly that the charges reversed.
The second one I am not sure but have every intention of checking out this evening. Gut instinct (and lets be honest there is no shortage in that dept.) is that Tikay is right again

The most insidious of rules are those that aren't rules at all.
They are the limitations that we invent for ourselves
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: August 29, 2006, 01:26:35 PM »

Definitively
In the book it stated quite clearly that the charges reversed.
The second one I am not sure but have every intention of checking out this evening. Gut instinct (and lets be honest there is no shortage in that dept.) is that Tikay is right again

Humph! Who asked you?

The older I get, the better I was.
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2008, 12:03:34 AM »

Much as I hate to bump old threads I need to give due credit to RED and Tikay for mentioning this book, otherwise I'd never have discovered it.

As it happened, Sophie and I were staying at her parents over Christmas and I spotted a copy of it, bought in 1973 with nicely browned pages, and asked Sophie's mum if I could borrow it.  It stayed unopened until last week but then, as Tikay said, it became impossible to put down for too long almost as soon as I started it.  Fascinating read, regardless of how much the truth was embellished.

Like an idiot I didn't also borrow the copy of Banco at the time so I'll need to head back for that.

Oh, and in answer to the second argument in this thread (the first having been resolved at the time) he did NOT set off alone on the raft.  Two of them escaped at the same time, although they had separate rafts and they were several hundred yards away from each other for most of the time they drifted.

I'm now downloading the movie so that I can complain about it not being as good as the book!

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2008, 06:16:19 AM »

Much as I hate to bump old threads I need to give due credit to RED and Tikay for mentioning this book, otherwise I'd never have discovered it.

As it happened, Sophie and I were staying at her parents over Christmas and I spotted a copy of it, bought in 1973 with nicely browned pages, and asked Sophie's mum if I could borrow it.  It stayed unopened until last week but then, as Tikay said, it became impossible to put down for too long almost as soon as I started it.  Fascinating read, regardless of how much the truth was embellished.

Like an idiot I didn't also borrow the copy of Banco at the time so I'll need to head back for that.

Oh, and in answer to the second argument in this thread (the first having been resolved at the time) he did NOT set off alone on the raft.  Two of them escaped at the same time, although they had separate rafts and they were several hundred yards away from each other for most of the time they drifted.

I'm now downloading the movie so that I can complain about it not being as good as the book!

So Red WAS wrong, then?........

Seriously, it's one of the best books I've ever read, & I've read thousands. I only read non-fiction, & to be fair, it's really "embellished" non-fiction, but I love the characters in it, the underworld "feel", & the dignity of true, proper, criminals. Police they don't need, they sort themselves out, & their code of honour is splendid.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
MrMojoRisin
118-118

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2008, 10:51:49 AM »

bottom person here - not possible to turn around items that size without stretching bowel walls to such an extent they could tear...haven't read book but would think that item had an even smaller thing inside that turned around and made it go other way (backwards) rather than actually turn around? Bit like a train with two engines, one on each end.

The rumour about richard gere and the hamsters is also very unlikely, for the same reason. 

So the rumor about Richard Gere and Thomas the Tank is probably true?

It's like gambling somehow. You go out for a night of drinking and you don't know where you're going to end up the next day. It could work out good or it could be disastrous. It's like the throw of the dice.
bhoywonder

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2008, 06:29:38 PM »

u guys havent seen sticky vicky then

she mades the impossible possible with bodily functions

may your god go with you

Scottish Open Apat online gold medal winner 2008
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: